This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ideas for innovative new games.

Go down 
+4
Pickles
ZeInFormer
Doominator99
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Ideas for innovative new games. Empty
PostSubject: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 7:59 am

I have some good ideas...

1: A game where all of the maps are randomly generated so you never play the same map twice.(Could be a shooter or mabey an open world game)

2: A shooter full of the most crazy weapons you can think of. Like a gun that shoots bouncing lazers, a lazer gun that can burn through anything so you could burn a hole in the floor and jump down or cut a building in half and a grapple hook gun which will let you pull your enemies off high paces or attach them to roofs or another ememy for a double kill etc

3:An online only game where players make there own buildings and weapons and characters from scratch so after a few days the map will have large cities, small settelments and abandoned towns all over the place and it will always evolve and every online world will be different which means UNLIMITED REPLAY VALUE!

4: A shooter that lets you create your own multiplayer maps, campains, weapons, characters, music, gamemodes and everything else from scratch (little big planet 2 will come close to that but its a platformer, not an FPS)

Theres all of the ideas i have for now so tell us some of your ideas beeeelllllllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwww Very Happy
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 8:24 am

Doominator99 wrote:

1: A game where all of the maps are randomly generated so you never play the same map twice.(Could be a shooter or mabey an open world game)

Already exists, every rougelike that exists has random map generation.
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 10:26 am

GGM wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Already exists, every rougelike that exists has random map generation.

i mean a game like COD or something with a random map generator i know its been done on other games but most of them are RTS or PC games
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyThu Aug 19, 2010 5:14 pm

Doominator99 wrote:

2: A shooter full of the most crazy weapons you can think of. Like a gun that shoots bouncing lazers, a lazer gun that can burn through anything so you could burn a hole in the floor and jump down or cut a building in half and a grapple hook gun which will let you pull your enemies off high paces or attach them to roofs or another ememy for a double kill etc

3:An online only game where players make there own buildings and weapons and characters from scratch so after a few days the map will have large cities, small settelments and abandoned towns all over the place and it will always evolve and every online world will be different which means UNLIMITED REPLAY VALUE!

4: A shooter that lets you create your own multiplayer maps, campains, weapons, characters, music, gamemodes and everything else from scratch (little big planet 2 will come close to that but its a platformer, not an FPS)

Theres all of the ideas i have for now so tell us some of your ideas beeeelllllllllllllloooooooowwwwwwwwww Very Happy

I'm no game designer, but I'll say how I feel about your ideas.

1. There was a game that had this similar idea, but it was an RPG. It's called Arkadian Warriors and it's exclusive for the Xbox 360.

2. Hmm...This idea seems "overdone." If you want to play games with cool weapons, try out Turok 1/2.

3. I don't really see how this will do well. It has a nice concept, but it might be another online RPG or something.

4. I absoutely love this idea. I think this is a great idea.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyFri Aug 20, 2010 1:35 am

A prison game. It's never been done.

Not one that I know of.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:49 am

Randomly generated maps don't work that well...
Check out Coded Arms 1 for psp, if my memory serves me right, that had randomly generated maps.

I agree with number 3, that would be awesome. The closest we have is Forge for Halo Reach. And some games like Syphon Filter for psp allow you to place different areas on the map. Eg if you want a trench in the center or a building, if you want a subway in one place or an office, etc

@zeinformer, Turok is badass

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:18 am

Doominator99 wrote:

Go play the Unreal series.

LittleBigPlanet 2 lets you create games in any genre. I'm not sure how it will work, but we'll see in a few months.
I personally would love to see a Wild West RPG. I haven't ever seen one of those before.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:52 am

TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

LittleBigPlanet 2 lets you create games in any genre. I'm not sure how it will work, but we'll see in a few months.
I personally would love to see a Wild West RPG. I haven't ever seen one of those before.
Have you ever heard of Wild Arms?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:58 am

Sturgis wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Oh, yeah, because historically, they definitely fought demons in the West.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:01 am

TRF wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Yep...
But the setting is wild west with some european crap.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:03 am

Sturgis wrote:
TRF wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Yep...
I'm talking about an authentic Wild West RPG. I think it would be so cool. Maybe Bethesda could do it. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 9:04 am

TRF wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
TRF wrote:
Sturgis wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Yep...
I'm talking about an authentic Wild West RPG. I think it would be so cool. Maybe Bethesda could do it. Very Happy
Ohhh...hmmmmmm
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:06 pm

Pickles wrote:
A prison game. It's never been done.

Not one that I know of.

There is a videogame version of Prison Break. But by the critics it sucks balls.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:47 pm

TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Red Dead Redemption's multiplayer is very rpg-like.
It's almost like an MMORPG ...with less players of course Razz
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 3:44 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Well, it's massive multiplayer, but not an RPG. Where's the upgrade system, or a skill tree, at least? That's what makes an RPG an RPG.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:10 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

Well, it's massive multiplayer, but not an RPG. Where's the upgrade system, or a skill tree, at least? That's what makes an RPG an RPG.

*cough cough* errm..well.... Sad it has donkeys....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:59 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Doominator99 wrote:

*cough cough* errm..well.... Sad it has donkeys....

Ah ha! It does have donkeys! rofl Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ideas for innovative new games.   Ideas for innovative new games. Empty

Back to top Go down

Ideas for innovative new games.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: