This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PC got a virus. :(

Go down 
+5
Crystie Cao
NightFang91
Noelol
Freemon34'
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PC got a virus. :( Empty
PostSubject: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:40 am

Now I may not be able to buy the reach 360 because of a fucking virus on my Computer and its wifi. So after my birthday I may be needing to buy a replacement PC for school, and other stuff. Don't expect to see me on much the next few weeks because not a single device in my house can access the internet(aside from my phone), because it all runs off the router my PC was connected to. Hope I can get rid of this virus without buying a new PC, I've done it before but this one's a lot more tricky.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:43 am

That sucks...
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:45 am

Is is the router or the PC itself who got a virus?
If it's the PC, why does it affect the router? Or does your internet go through your main PC and then to the router?
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:53 am

Don't buy a new computer, just format your hard drive if you that's all you can do.
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:57 am

Do a system restore, if possible.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 11:59 am

NightFang91 wrote:
Is is the router or the PC itself who got a virus?
If it's the PC, why does it affect the router? Or does your internet go through your main PC and then to the router?

Its the PC but it infected the router.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:01 pm

GGM wrote:
Don't buy a new computer, just format your hard drive if you that's all you can do.
can't if I click on anything like My computer, control panel, etc. It'll say that this file is corrupted and cannot be used.
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:01 pm

How the hell can a roter get a virus :O

this is news to me lmao
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:03 pm

I hope you can get this sorted.

You could alternatively wait it out, and see if the virus goes on its own.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 12:04 pm

Crystie Cao wrote:
How the hell can a roter get a virus :O

this is news to me lmao
If I go onto into wifi search on my other PC, PSP, Wii, DS, or PS3. and I select the router it says that it is on a discontinued signal. last time I checked G and N wireless were still used in wifi.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 5:59 pm

I've never heard of this happenening. Just do a fresh install of Windows if you still have the OS disc.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 7:47 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I've never heard of this happenening. Just do a fresh install of Windows if you still have the OS disc.
Have the disc, won't allow it. Sad

It gives an error saying that the OS on the disc is unable to be validated by Microsoft. I know that this is a lie from the virus because the OS is 32 bit XP SP3.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 8:54 pm

Freemon34-YT wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Have the disc, won't allow it. Sad

It gives an error saying that the OS on the disc is unable to be validated by Microsoft. I know that this is a lie from the virus because the OS is 32 bit XP SP3.
Boot from the CD.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySat Aug 21, 2010 10:28 pm

Buy a HDD USB adapter, hook it up to another computer and format the hard drive.
Back to top Go down
handkerchief

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 6:59 am

usually i cant connect to any device unless my computer is connected to the router. it may be your router not recognizing that there is a PC connected and therefore not letting you connect to anything else.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 9:25 am

Wow,sounds like a nasty virus

Well,hopefully you can get it resolved so you can buy gods gift to gamers console(halo reach console)

Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptyWed Aug 25, 2010 10:27 pm

Ok, I don't think I'll be needing to buy a new PC but as off this moment the virus could still be on here. Because I'm running on a safe mode that I put on in May and pop ups and such are well popping up. So Don't expect me to still be posting for a few more days, but I hope a few scans from McAffee will clean some "unwanted" files. When I wasn't on Safe Mode if I clicked on a Program it'd destroy the .EXE file making the program useless.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 4:15 am

Just reformat your computer.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 11:52 am

NightFang91 wrote:
Just reformat your computer.

Agreed. But since you got it running in safe mode copy your important files and music and such first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PC got a virus. :(   PC got a virus. :( Empty

Back to top Go down

PC got a virus. :(
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Everything else-
Jump to: