This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....

Go down 
+9
TRF
Stigma
Crystie Cao
Lt Xplosi
Notorious
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
DemonWolf
Xiammes
Pickles
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... Empty
PostSubject: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:09 am

but it's up to Microsoft.

Quote :
One of the bigger announcements to come out of the Sony press conference yesterday was Valve bringing Portal 2 and Steamworks to the PS3. Not only will you finally get one of Valve’s gems, but you’ll get persistent game saves to the Steam Cloud, Steam Achievements and Friends, among other features. With Portal 2 being the first, I can imagine Steamworks could take hold on the PS3 and give a few PC developers reason to use the console.

In our demo of Portal 2, I asked Valve’s Erik Johnson if we would see Steamworks integration in the Xbox 360 version of the game. “We’d love to, but it’s not up to us.” The ball is clearly in Microsoft’s court and I have a feeling they won’t be picking that one up. Xbox Live is their baby and I have a feeling they don’t want any competing platform technologies mucking up their bread and butter.

Only time will tell if Valve and Microsoft can strike a deal for Steamworks on the Xbox 360. Stranger things have happened. Gabe Newell and John Schappert took the stage at a Sony press conference. How many of you really thought you’d see that? Oh, and I want Portal 2 now. GlaDOS needs to get killed again.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Xiammes
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xiammes

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 12:20 am

Valve would love to work with 360, but microsoft is strict about what makes it onto their system. I remember valve being the biggest microsoft fanboy to now only developing ps3/pc. Stream wouldn't get the support it would need from microsoft
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 10:02 am

I can understand if Microsoft doesnt want it on there, but it would be sweet if it was.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptySun Aug 22, 2010 2:38 pm

I...don't ....see ...what....the....fuss....is....about..?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 5:22 am

Microsoft wouldn't allow Steamworks on the 360 if there was a possibility you could buy games and DLC at Steam's prices
Back to top Go down
Notorious
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Notorious

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 9:10 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Microsoft wouldn't allow Steamworks on the 360 if there was a possibility you could buy games and DLC at Steam's prices

best explanation that you could ever give totally Microsoft
Back to top Go down
Lt Xplosi
Lt Xplosi

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 11:21 am

awsome idea and they should make it so that games on PC
are playable on 360
TF2 i bought it for pcbut if i could play it on 360 aswell would be cool Smile
Back to top Go down
Crystie Cao
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Crystie Cao

Location : And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, Britain.

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 1:29 pm

Indeed, Valve would have prefferred working with the 360, probably because it is easier to dev shit.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 2:35 pm

Crystie Cao wrote:
Indeed, Valve would have prefferred working with the 360, probably because it is easier to dev shit.

oh god, your signature... FL0W. Holy crap, I played that game to death on psp but recently I was at my cousins house who owns it on ps3 and he wanted me to play, we played for ageesss. It killed me. Now I groan every time I see those damn little flow thingies.

But yeah anyway, Valve usually just preferred microsoft anyway so yeah....
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyMon Aug 23, 2010 10:42 pm

Considering Microsoft only failed heavily getting FFXIV on the 360 when Square Enix so clearly wanted to and had been developing on a 360 version I kinda doubt we'll get steam even though Valve probably wants to.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 5:31 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
It's just Steamworks that's making it onto the PS3, not the Steam Store, so I would imagine the same would apply for the 360.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:14 am

TRF wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
It's just Steamworks that's making it onto the PS3, not the Steam Store, so I would imagine the same would apply for the 360.

Emphasis on the word 'possibility'.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:21 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
TRF wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Ah, I see. I doubt that would happen on any console, though. The possibility is incredibly slim. Why would Microsoft and/or Sony want competition within their console's online library? It wouldn't benefit them much at all.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:41 am

TRF wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
TRF wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Ah, I see. I doubt that would happen on any console, though. The possibility is incredibly slim. Why would Microsoft and/or Sony want competition within their console's online library? It wouldn't benefit them much at all.

I imagine the choices would be selective / restricted. i.e. Only games developed and produced by Valve would be available on the 'Steamworks Store'.

This is all just all just speculation anyway.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 9:24 am

DemonWolf wrote:
I...don't ....see ...what....the....fuss....is....about..?

Me neither. Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:50 am

Only real good place to play on Steam is the PC. If anyone wants Steam so badly they should get into PC gaming.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Only real good place to play on Steam is the PC. If anyone wants Steam so badly they should get into PC gaming.
It's not the full service. It's just a platform through which developers (mainly Valve) can update the console versions of their game as they would the PC version. But fine, you're right. If you want patches, you should be a PC gamer. Us console gamers like our games raw without developers fixing anything. Real men get around glitches. Cool
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:03 pm

TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
It's not the full service. It's just a platform through which developers (mainly Valve) can update the console versions of their game as they would the PC version. But fine, you're right. If you want patches, you should be a PC gamer. Us console gamers like our games raw without developers fixing anything. Real men get around glitches. Cool

Game updates/patches can already be made and distributed over XBL/PSN. Valve is just being friggen lazy and only want to have to update one platform but still fix all 3.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:11 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Game updates/patches can already be made and distributed over XBL/PSN. Valve is just being friggen lazy and only want to have to update one platform but still fix all 3.
I know, I just don't get why anyone would be against Steamworks on a console.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:13 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Nothing wrong with it. I guess people just don't like change

Steamworks has always been a PC thing.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:21 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Nothing wrong with it. I guess people just don't like change

Steamworks has always been a PC thing.

But it's never been on the consoles so saying it's only good on the PC without ever trying it on consoles is kinda....retarded.

No offense Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:10 am

Ahhh Valve. They make some of the best games ever. Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are both amazing games on the 360. Portal 2 is gonna be amazing. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 8:32 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Ahhh Valve. They make some of the best games ever. Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are both amazing games on the 360. Portal 2 is gonna be amazing. Twisted Evil

Irrelevant to the thread but okay.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 11:39 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Ahhh Valve. They make some of the most overrated games ever. Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are both shitty games on the 360. Portal 2 is gonna be underwhelming. Twisted Evil

Fix'd
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Pickles wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:
Ahhh Valve. They make some of the most overrated games ever. Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 are both pretty decent games but overrated. Portal 2 is gonna be fucking shit though. Twisted Evil

Fix'd

Fixed even more Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....   Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Valve Would Love Steamworks On Xbox 360....
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: