This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mafia II Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 3:37 pm

THE STORY
the story is about vito scalleta,as a kid his family moves from sicilly to empire bay (fictional version of new york city)
and he as a teen gets arrested by stealing a television with his best friend joe barbara,joe escapes but vito gets arrested and he joins the us army for the world war 2,after he gets back from the war,he meets with joe again and joe wants to join him at some stuff he needs help,his sister owes debt to some loan sharks,his mother wants him to work for a man named federico,also known as derek,because his dad worked for him too,but vito ignores her mother and joins with joe,the story is seriously one of the best video game stories ive played,it has amazing cast of characters,great voice over,and it has a lot of twists and turns,but i feel the last few moments needed more stuff but other than that,the story is just freaking amazing..you will play this game most likely for the story...

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are freaking phenomenal,almost every character looks good,it's a very realistic looking game,some characters look way worse than some other characters but its ok,the enviroment is just simply "WOW!!!!' every little detail in the city is just freaking amazing,from the people interacting in the city to the cutscenes,everything is simply jaw dropping in my opinion,sometimes the animations may get stiff but most of the animations are done very realistically..

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
now the gameplay is freaking great,the shooting at first may feel weak and kinda slow.but once you get the hang of it,its preety awesome,the driving surprisingly is preety solid,the shooting is typical of a 3rd person shooter,you wall yourself on a wall or objects and you can pop and shoot,which is kinda difficult at first,since you can die preety easily in this game,it doesnt have a lot of weapons in this game,you got your typical 1940's 1950's weapons like thompson,tommy gun,m1 garand,shotgun,handgun,magnum,revolver,molotov and grenades,the game also has a fighting system which is ok in my opinion,its simple,you have a dodge button,light punch button and a heavy punch button,later in the game you can counter attack your enemies which is preety good if you have low health..the fighting system is not bad or broken,its just way to simple and after a while it gets a bit boring doing the same moves over and over again..

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
now the fun factor is the least good,because after you beat it,you cant free roam like in other free roam games,the game doesnt have any side quests,its only just the main story,it has gun shops,diners,clothing shops etc.but its not enough to play the game just for that,the game focuses the most on the story and the story is freaking unbeliveble but its still not enough,dont get me wrong,you will probably play this game again just for the achievements and some moments of the game are similar to heavy rain,if you screw up on a situation,the story still continues,like it had a mission where you had sneak to a building to get some stamps for the gas stations and they are in the safe,i failed to deactivate the alarm but i still got the stamps,later i found out it had a fuse box for the alarm and you can deactivate it first then go and get the stamps,the game has a lot of achievements and you will get a lot by just playing the story from the beginning to the end,in the end,the fun factor is high,just not amazingly high..
in the end mafia 2 is a fantastic game that every 3rd person shooter fan or any shooter,gta fan should play this game,but before you start the game,dont expect a game like gta at all,its a completely other game and it shouldnt be compared to gta..still its a amazing and its one of my personal goty candidates in my opinion

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:MAFIA 2 GETS A...

Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:04 pm

It's not a terrible review, but it's not great. You didn't go into too much detail and the review was littered with grammatical errors.

I myself thought the game was average based on the demo.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 5:35 pm

TRF wrote:
It's not a terrible review, but it's not great. You didn't go into too much detail and the review was littered with grammatical errors.

I myself thought the game was average based on the demo.

well i thought the same,but the full game is way better
Back to top Go down

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptyThu Aug 26, 2010 7:34 pm

I loved the demo XD reminds me of Driv3r. I will definetly pick this game up.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 1:54 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
well you can say its similar to driv3er..but this game is way awesome.the demo wasnt that great at all,and the shooting was stiff,the controls were sluggish as hell and you can take more bullets in the demo way more than the full game,the demo is like months old from the game development.its that stupid.while the full game is way better
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:23 am

How many games do you have?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 2:30 am

Duck King wrote:
How many games do you have?
more than you can possibly imagine..
Back to top Go down

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:54 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
well you can say its similar to driv3er..but this game is way awesome.the demo wasnt that great at all,and the shooting was stiff,the controls were sluggish as hell and you can take more bullets in the demo way more than the full game,the demo is like months old from the game development.its that stupid.while the full game is way better

Well thats stupid they didnt update the demo to new game standerds but sweet to hear the game is even better Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 6:46 pm

Andrej, great review and I'd probably agree that the game is awesome if I'd played it. But I can't help but notice that most your reviews, when positive, are extremely positive. I mean, is every single game you deem good, a AAA game to you? Loads of critics had complaints with this game and you didn't seem to really refer to those much. :/

I'm not criticising Wink I like your reviews, I'm just stating that you are very generous with your ratings. lol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:38 pm

Looks like a good game but I just don't have the time to get another open world game right now. Maybe ill get it sometime down the line
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Looks like a good game but I just don't have the time to get another open world game right now. Maybe ill get it sometime down the line
From what I've heard, the open world is just to provide a sense of setting, and that there's no real motivation for the player to explore it.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:46 am

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
From what I've heard, the open world is just to provide a sense of setting, and that there's no real motivation for the player to explore it.

Interesting. Well Reach is coming out in about 2 weeks and I'll be playing that for months and months.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:03 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Andrej, great review and I'd probably agree that the game is awesome if I'd played it. But I can't help but notice that most your reviews, when positive, are extremely positive. I mean, is every single game you deem good, a AAA game to you? Loads of critics had complaints with this game and you didn't seem to really refer to those much. :/

I'm not criticising Wink I like your reviews, I'm just stating that you are very generous with your ratings. lol
see my kane and lynch 2 dog days review and other reviews like alien vs predator and just cause 2,i also was extremely biased against sniper ghost warrior,i dont mean every single game is good,i try to like the games i buy a lot more than other people do so maybe thats why i gave it a high score,i liked mafia 2 a lot and i dont pay attention at all at the other reviewers,i just buy the game and i want to be a awesome game,i even liked lost planet 2 and that game got 6.0 from ign which is pathetic in my opinion..
it deserves at least a 8.5
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:19 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

see my kane and lynch 2 dog days review and other reviews like alien vs predator and just cause 2,i also was extremely biased against sniper ghost warrior,i dont mean every single game is good,i try to like the games i buy a lot more than other people do so maybe thats why i gave it a high score,i liked mafia 2 a lot and i dont pay attention at all at the other reviewers,i just buy the game and i want to be a awesome game,i even liked lost planet 2 and that game got 6.0 from ign which is pathetic in my opinion..

Okay then. But the games you really love you seem to always give AAA for everything even graphics which aren't that good XD

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/game-reviews-f10/dragon-age-origins-review-t5410.htm

Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:24 am

DemonWolf wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Okay then. But the games you really love you seem to always give AAA for everything even graphics which aren't that good XD

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/game-reviews-f10/dragon-age-origins-review-t5410.htm

jesus christ..i liked dragon age origins graphics..they are not bad at all.ive seen way worse graphics and textures than that..if you think thats bad,you should see dark void graphics..they are soo horrible that it sucks chewbaca ass fur..
and yes i agree they are not the most awesome graphics ever.but they are still good in my opinion.hell i will admit that oblivion has way better graphics even though the game is 4 years old...
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

jesus christ..i liked dragon age origins graphics..they are not bad at all.ive seen way worse graphics and textures than that..if you think thats bad,you should see dark void graphics..they are soo horrible that it sucks chewbaca ass fur..
and yes i agree they are not the most awesome graphics ever.but they are still good in my opinion.hell i will admit that oblivion has way better graphics even though the game is 4 years old...

LOL chewbaka ass fur Razz

But anyway, dude Dragon Age has baaad graphics. The only good thing about them is the character models, the facial expressions are good. But that's about it. The draw distance is pretty bad, the trees look flat and ugly. Mountains look okay though. The texture detail is poor, look at the pile of logs. It's just one object and a very blurry one.

If you divide graphics into 5 areas:

Texture
Character Models
Draw Distance
Design/Style
Colour

Dragon Age gets no more than 3. Character models, Design and Colour. That comes around to 6 or 7 if feeling generous.
Amirite Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:57 am

DemonWolf wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

But anyway, dude Dragon Age has baaad graphics. The only good thing about them is the character models, the facial expressions are good. But that's about it. The draw distance is pretty bad, the trees look flat and ugly. Mountains look okay though. The texture detail is poor, look at the pile of logs. It's just one object and a very blurry one.

Texture
Character Models
Draw Distance
Design/Style
Colour

Dragon Age gets no more than 3. Character models, Design and Colour. That comes around to 6 or 7 if feeling generous.
Amirite Very Happy

well i probably didnt really payed that much attention to the graphics.i mean i mostly liked what was infront of me not what was really far away.maybe i didnt really was that good at review for the graphics but oh well..dragon age awakening has way better textures but its mostly the same,dragon age 2 will have way better graphics.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:03 am

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Texture
Character Models
Draw Distance
Design/Style
Colour

Amirite Very Happy

well i probably didnt really payed that much attention to the graphics.i mean i mostly liked what was infront of me not what was really far away.maybe i didnt really was that good at review for the graphics but oh well..dragon age awakening has way better textures but its mostly the same,dragon age 2 will have way better graphics.

Okay then. But I still made my point, you're too generous Razz

I mean, here's a ps2 game:
Mafia II Review 0primal0108111
Here's dragon age:
Mafia II Review Dragon10

Dragon Age looks better. A lot? No.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:09 am

lmao right after I posted that dragon age pic I got to that exact point in the game!!!! Holy crap that's weird.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:46 am

DemonWolf wrote:
lmao right after I posted that dragon age pic I got to that exact point in the game!!!! Holy crap that's weird.
LMAO!!!..
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:23 am

Wow, just played Mafia 2 demo. The graphics really are good :O

Very cool gameplay too. Better than Gta IV but smaller area :/
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 10:32 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Wow, just played Mafia 2 demo. The graphics really are good :O

Very cool gameplay too. Better than Gta IV but smaller area :/

tell you the truth,i wasnt impressed at all from the demo,but one of my friends was nagging me to get it and i got it,and judging from the review,i dont regret spending the money for it,i suggest get it when the price goes down DW.you will like it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mafia II Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mafia II Review   Mafia II Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Mafia II Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: