This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Graphics: 360 has the best

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Goosezorz
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice


Posts : 38
Join date : 2010-07-14

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:19 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Nickelskov wrote:
I really have to say reading through most of these posts, you are basically all 360fanboys. I mean seriously, the hardware in the PS3 overall is better than the Xbox 360, yet you just won't accept it.
Go and get a B.S. in Engineering or Computer Studies and actually learn something about everything inside of these consoles and then come up with a valid argument, instead of just "Xbox 360 has better anti aliasing and shaders so it has better graphics and can run things faster!"
Fact: Xbox 360 had a bigger failure rate than PS3
Fact: Ps3's have a lot more processing power and i mean a LOT more processing power than Xbox 360's, infact the U.S. Navy's super computer is powered by 60 PS3's. if the 360 was better, why didn't they use them?"
Fact: The GPU may not be a lot better than the 360's, but the cores and Blu Ray reader make up for it.
Fact: You are all asspained 360 fans who can't take some criticism who will instantly flame me and call me a PS3 fanboy.
Not a PS3 fanboy, i'm a master race PC gamer. i own a PS3 and a Xbox 360.

Read my detailed hardware comparison. The X360 and PS3 are even in power, but the X360 is more efficient.

lolno. The processors are about even, 360 is ahead a bit, but the processor is WAYYY more powerful than whats in the 360.

The 360 is more efficient than the PS3, but it doesn't make up the tremendous deficit.

And all of those are facts, except the last one.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-07-14

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyWed Jul 14, 2010 6:36 pm

Nickelskov wrote:
I really have to say reading through most of these posts, you are basically all 360fanboys. I mean seriously, the hardware in the PS3 overall is better than the Xbox 360, yet you just won't accept it.
Go and get a B.S. in Engineering or Computer Studies and actually learn something about everything inside of these consoles and then come up with a valid argument, instead of just "Xbox 360 has better anti aliasing and shaders so it has better graphics and can run things faster!"
Fact: Xbox 360 had a bigger failure rate than PS3
Fact: Ps3's have a lot more processing power and i mean a LOT more processing power than Xbox 360's, infact the U.S. Navy's super computer is powered by 60 PS3's. if the 360 was better, why didn't they use them?"
Fact: The GPU may not be a lot better than the 360's, but the cores and Blu Ray reader make up for it.
Fact: You are all asspained 360 fans who can't take some criticism who will instantly flame me and call me a PS3 fanboy.
Not a PS3 fanboy, i'm a master race PC gamer. i own a PS3 and a Xbox 360.

I'm a pc gamer too and i think the 360 and ps3 are the same. Fanboys have these amazing eyes to see the diffrence in graphics and whatnot. Some fanboys need to stop paying attention to the little things and focus on gaming in general. And if you are less fortunate to own several systems always play the one your friends are on.
Back to top Go down
Zapp Brannigan

Zapp Brannigan

Posts : 5
Join date : 2010-08-04

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyWed Aug 04, 2010 1:53 pm

I personally feel that PS3 games tend to have more detailed character models (look at MGS4, even with that supposed sub-HD resolution the characters look absolutely amazing) but 360 games have more detailed textures, better AA, shadows and lighting, basically everything else.

/runonsentence
Back to top Go down
Melonbro
Seaman Recruit


Posts : 19
Join date : 2010-08-09

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyMon Aug 09, 2010 2:42 pm

Zapp Brannigan wrote:
shadows and lighting, basically everything else.

/runonsentence

I know it's not out yet, but GT5 has the best lighting ever seen by any video game ever.


When you drive through fdirt, dirt flies up and each indivual spec is litten up by headlights.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-05-25
Location : Xbox Live

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:03 pm

digital foundry are good at getting information from devs about this sort of thing, here is a recent one from the guys who did the excellent split/second

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-split-second-tech-interview?page=3

Digital Foundry: There's a lot of excitement on Twitter from game coders getting to grips with the PS3's SPUs. Where does that leave 360? Is there much more that can be extracted from the hardware with VMX128 and memexport for example? Is there a sense that CPU aids GPU with PS3 with the opposite situation kicking in on 360?


David Jefferies: The 360 has a very powerful GPU which affords the developer a lot of flexibility about how to approach the rendering. We do offload some work to the CPUs but not as much as for the PS3.

They are very different architectures but after really pushing both consoles for Split/Second we don't get the feeling that one is more powerful than the other - they're just different and this needs to be remembered when designing engines for them.

With your specific examples, yes we do use a lot of VMX128 in performance critical parts of our code and we use memexport when defragging the textures in our streaming buffers (it's best for the GPU to perform this operation because then you don't get contention between the CPU and GPU as they try and access the same textures) and also as part of our tile classification system.


Digital Foundry is a site people should bookmark if you want to read more about console gpus and if the ps3/xbox 360 suck balls or not
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 596
Join date : 2010-07-27

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:32 am

^ This is a really old thread, BTW. Razz
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:20 pm

Teckno wrote:
^ This is a really old thread, BTW. Razz

Rofl yeah, who revived it?
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 596
Join date : 2010-07-27

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:14 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Teckno wrote:
^ This is a really old thread, BTW. Razz

Rofl yeah, who revived it?
Optimus Razz
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

Posts : 292
Join date : 2010-05-25
Location : Xbox Live

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:55 pm

the post before mine was only a couple of weeks beforehand and the thread was still on the first page. i dont get some of your attitudes at times on here, just completely ignored what i posted which was a good website with lots of developers opinions on this subject and all you say is about how old the thread is.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 6:30 pm

optimusprime wrote:
the post before mine was only a couple of weeks beforehand and the thread was still on the first page. i dont get some of your attitudes at times on here, just completely ignored what i posted which was a good website with lots of developers opinions on this subject and all you say is about how old the thread is.

No I read it Smile
Very relevant. And interesting too.
Blows any argumenet out of the water that says "360 isnt as powerful".
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Sponsored content




Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Graphics: 360 has the best   Graphics: 360 has the best - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Graphics: 360 has the best
Back to top 
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 Similar topics
-
» polar express graphic
» Fairytales [[ RP - APP ]]
» What graphic program do you use? - BGF Graphics Design Club
» [Beaver4CP] Building bridges, dams and lodges inside the eBelgium Community
» My graphics

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Hardware-
Jump to: