This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Review of Halo 3

Go down 
AuthorMessage

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:13 pm

The most current FPS full Halo game, still popular on Xbox Live today.

Story

"You are, all of you, vermin. Cowering in the dirt, thinking…what, I wonder? That you might escape the coming fire? No. Your world will burn until its surface is but glass, and not even your Demon will live to creep, blackened from its hole, to mar the reflection of our passage. The culmination of our Journey, for your destruction is the will of the gods! And I? I am their instrument!"
-The Prophet of Truth

The story of Halo 3 picks-up right where Halo 2 left off, give-or-take some time. However right off the bat you have a problem if you have not played the first two games you won't get the plot at all. Anyway, the game has you "Finishing the fight" which has you fighting the familiar enemies (Flood, Covenant ect), you now have the elites as allies though. Anyway, you explore Africa to try and repel the Covenant forces there, then you fight on the Ark to defeat stop them from firing the Halo rings.

You have these moments called "cortana/gravemind moments" where you are in slow motion, and one of the two speak to you. Granted sometimes they can say interesting things, they can also be annoying, Cortana more so.

Master Chief, about to kill a brute
Review of Halo 3 Halo-3-20070711001711965

Gameplay

There are really only 2 gameplay changes.

First is that there is now equipment, if you are holding one then you can deploy it at any time to help your situation. Second is minor, but your armor for multiplayer is even more customizable.

A downside includes the terrible AI. Which is atrocious.

A sword fight in multiplayer
Review of Halo 3 Halo3_MP_Isolation_1st-02

Graphics

While they certainly don't make a game, these graphics are okay, they aren't that good though.

Music

Yet again it is a remix with some new tracks. Still good though

Still a good game, but it is better to get it for multiplayer.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 EmptyFri Aug 27, 2010 6:51 pm

I love Halo 3. It's easily one of my favorite shooters this generation. Reach looks a little disappointing since it strays away from the traditional gameplay, but I've been assured that there is classic Halo 3 gameplay in Reach, so I'm psyched for that.

In any case, I love the way Halo 3 looks. Sure, the graphics were kinda poor, even for 2007, but it's so vibrant and colorful. It's simply fun to look at.
Back to top Go down

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 9:56 am

Halo 3 was probably my least favorite out of all the Halo's for campaign. But the MP was one of the best this gen.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:36 pm

TRF wrote:
I love Halo 3. It's easily one of my favorite shooters this generation. Reach looks a little disappointing since it strays away from the traditional gameplay, but I've been assured that there is classic Halo 3 gameplay in Reach, so I'm psyched for that.

In any case, I love the way Halo 3 looks. Sure, the graphics were kinda poor, even for 2007, but it's so vibrant and colorful. It's simply fun to look at.

Explain how Reach strays away from the traditional gameplay. There's still the same shoot and melee gameplay.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 EmptySat Aug 28, 2010 8:41 pm

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Explain how Reach strays away from the traditional gameplay. There's still the same shoot and melee gameplay.
I always liked how simple Halo was. No classes, no armor techniques, no meaningful ranking system, etc. Plus the maps are a lot bigger and I always liked how Halo had small maps (with a few exceptions),

I'm still buying it, I just think they changed a little too much.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 1:45 am

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I always liked how simple Halo was. No classes, no armor techniques, no meaningful ranking system, etc. Plus the maps are a lot bigger and I always liked how Halo had small maps (with a few exceptions),

Strictly on a single player basis, I'm sure you can play through the entire campaign fine without any armor abilities and just stick to the good old Halo run and gun. Yes multiplayer has changed a bit but I personally think it adds a bit more of a strategic element and carnage to the game.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 2:03 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Strictly on a single player basis, I'm sure you can play through the entire campaign fine without any armor abilities and just stick to the good old Halo run and gun. Yes multiplayer has changed a bit but I personally think it adds a bit more of a strategic element and carnage to the game.
I'm not too concerned with the single-player. I usually play the campaign once and that's it. I'm more concerned about the multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Review of Halo 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Review of Halo 3   Review of Halo 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Review of Halo 3
Page 1 of 1