This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Mass Effect Stripped Down

Go down 
+9
Alan1994
Pickles
Blixtstorm
DarkSwarm85
Arbiteris
NightFang91
Pein
Stoney
DemonWolf
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Mass Effect Stripped Down Empty
PostSubject: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:39 am

I've been playing my lovely new Mass Effect 2 but noticed that in so many aspects it's inferior to the first!
Why can't I explore the presidium like I could in the first?
Why is it that when I go through a door I'm given options of set locations to go as opposed to going to the next area?
Why is it instead of going into an elevator. I get loading screens? Seriously... I'm enjoying the game but how could they make these stupid changes?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:51 am

The Citadel only plays a minor role in ME 2.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:52 am

it was bioware decisions..
live with it..
Razz Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:59 am

Yeah, the citadel is not a major part of the game. And the others are just minor changes. The one I was most dissapointed about was the weapon and armor from system from the first was gone.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 3:58 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
The Citadel only plays a minor role in ME 2.

Yeah but you have to understand that I hate most sci-fi stuff, and I hate rpgs if not fantasy-medieval. The only thing that made me like Mass Effect was the exploration and freedom. It's sad to see it turn into a more Dragon-Age style game. I'm really disappointed now. ME2 feels like, as the title implies, a stripped down version of the first. Better animation, better graphics and game mechanics but with so much missing. Sad

AndrejTheReviewer wrote:
it was bioware decisions..
live with it..
Razz Razz

Damn I hate Bioware now. Maybe it was EA's fault >=
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
e AND Mass Effect 2 now. I'm enjoying them but they're not what they could have been.

[quote="TheJubJub5721"]Yeah, the citadel is not a major part of the game. And the others are just minor changes. The one I was most dissapointed about was the weapon and armor from system from the first was gone.

Maybe not a major part in terms of storyline but major to me! I spent hours and hours just running around the citadel, both the interiors and exteriors. I was hoping to do it again with better visuals and some other improvements but now it's just a downgrade. It sucks. Mass Effect > Mass Effect 2 so far.
Sad
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:08 pm

Omega and Illium are the major places now. Change is good. Although some people were disappointed that the Citadel changed from the Presidium, markets and embassy's to a couple of wards.

I'm sure that by the end of the game you will think ME 2 > ME 1
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 6:58 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Omega and Illium are the major places now. Change is good. Although some people were disappointed that the Citadel changed from the Presidium, markets and embassy's to a couple of wards.

I've played both. ME1 > ME2 imo Wink
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 7:38 pm

Omega>Citedel
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 8:51 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Yeah, the citadel is not a major part of the game. And the others are just minor changes. The one I was most dissapointed about was the weapon and armor from system from the first was gone.

Maybe not a major part in terms of storyline but major to me! I spent hours and hours just running around the citadel, both the interiors and exteriors. I was hoping to do it again with better visuals and some other improvements but now it's just a downgrade. It sucks. Mass Effect > Mass Effect 2 so far.
Sad

Thats how I felt at first also, but its just the presidium. And plus you have a lot of new places in ME2. It gets better.

HellJumper wrote:
Omega>Citedel

Yeah, Omega is awesome! lol
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:56 pm

Well at least you don't have a billion different types of weapons and ammo to carry around with you.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySun Aug 29, 2010 9:56 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Well at least you don't have a billion different types of weapons and ammo to carry around with you.

I personally liked the lots of weapons and armor and stuff. Lot more customizable.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:23 am

xSTONEYx187x wrote:

Maybe. I've started to really get into it now. Omg Garrus Very Happy I'm so happy tohave him back!!! My heart was actually beating really fast when he got shot by that big flying vehicle. xD Thank god he didn't die.

NightFang91 wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:

I've played both. ME1 > ME2 imo Wink

Yeah, I feel that way so far.

HellJumper wrote:
Omega>Citedel

Not really...they're both good for their own reasons but I for one preferred Citadel, it's just so vast and awesome.

DarkSwarm85 wrote:

True. I remember on my first completion, I'd only just realised that you could change weapon near the end and I had hundreds of each weapon xD I converted them into omni gel.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:54 am

Mass Effect (1) = Role playing Game

Mass Effect 2 = Action Adventure Game
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 6:56 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

Fully agree.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:05 am

Blixtstorm wrote:

Yeah, I agree.

I prefer RPGs so that's why I think ME1 is better.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:07 am

NightFang91 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Yeah, I agree.

Mass Effect was better then the second one... Atleast from a RPG fans perspective.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:16 am

NightFang91 wrote:
Blixtstorm wrote:

Yeah, I agree.

I liked them both for certain things. But from an RPG perspective, ME1 is definetly better.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:25 pm

The side quests in ME2 don't suck ass like the side quests in ME1. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 5:40 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
The side quests in ME2 don't suck ass like the side quests in ME1. Twisted Evil

Yeah and ME2 cuts some of the crap. Instead of having to get from A to B, do an objective than make your way all the way back to A, in ME2 you just do the objective and have a cutscene which does the rest for you.

But unfortunately this also makes it feel more like a film than a game :/
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:11 pm

I am a walking furball wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:

I personally liked the lots of weapons and armor and stuff. Lot more customizable.

This. It was fun having bullets that melt enemies from the inside.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:12 pm

Pickles wrote:
I am a walking furball wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:

This. It was fun having bullets that melt enemies from the inside.

Yeah. The customizablility (lol fail of a word) was awesome with your weapons, ammo, and armor.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:19 pm

ME1 had a better main plot and better RPG-like exploration and customization. ME2 had a stronger connection with side characters and was a better cinematic experience overall.

I like ME1 just a wee bit more but then again who doesn't like game originals? Just like how Halo 1, Gears 1, Resistance 1, etc are better than their respective sequels.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 2:44 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
ME1 had a better main plot and better RPG-like exploration and customization. ME2 had a stronger connection with side characters and was a better cinematic experience overall.

I like ME1 just a wee bit more but then again who doesn't like game originals? Just like how Halo 1, Gears 1, Resistance 1, etc are better than their respective sequels.

Yeah I agree. I'm getting more into ME2 now but I think ME1 will remain my favourite. Well who knows... my opinion could change Razz
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:45 am

ya i didnt like not being able to explore the citadel as well.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:56 am

Alan1994 wrote:

I have to disagree with that. Gears Of War 1 story wasn't very good IMO.

I enjoyed Gears 2 story so much that I cried over one of the cutscenes in the game.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect Stripped Down   Mass Effect Stripped Down Empty

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect Stripped Down
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: General Xbox Discussions-
Jump to: