This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription

Go down 
+13
Alan1994
Inuboy1000
Jamin
Lord_Orpheo
ghost23
TRF
optimusprime
Noelol
DemonWolf
Stoney
Blixtstorm
Ozsem
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 8:58 pm

I love xbox.....and blixt wrote:
Its only 10 dollars more than what people already pay. Not that bad really.

It's the principle of the thing, I don't mind paying and extra buck per month, but seriously why ? M$ already makes enough money out of subs.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:06 pm

Doesn't really affect me since I mostly play local multiplayer.

They should probably bring something groundbreaking if they're gonna charge the extra ten dollars. Otherwise I'm just gonna keep playing split-screen.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:13 pm

Pickles wrote:
Doesn't really affect me since I mostly play local multiplayer.

They should probably bring something groundbreaking if they're gonna charge the extra ten dollars. Otherwise I'm just gonna keep playing split-screen.

Yeah, if they dont have something really awesome that everyone would use then its not worth it.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 4:23 am

The only thing you have to ask yourself is "when does it stop?"

A few people have said it's only $10 more which on the face of it isn't much, but when do you draw the line and say enough is enough? I haven't bothered with XBL since the end of last year when MW2 turned out to be the biggest disappointment in gaming and it looks like I won't be returning.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:41 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

A few people have said it's only $10 more which on the face of it isn't much, but when do you draw the line and say enough is enough? I haven't bothered with XBL since the end of last year when MW2 turned out to be the biggest disappointment in gaming and it looks like I won't be returning.

dude what about Reach? You aren't anticipating that? :O Arent you at least gonna buy a month of xbl to play it? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:42 am

Alan1994 wrote:

It's the principle of the thing, I don't mind paying and extra buck per month, but seriously why ? M$ already makes enough money out of subs.

I hope they unveil some big new feature or I will not be happy.
But in TRFs words, I will still pay for it because I'm a tool.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:08 am

PSPVampire wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Oh, I changed my mind about paying for it. Fuck that. Razz
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 7:31 am

PSPVampire wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

dude what about Reach? You aren't anticipating that? :O Arent you at least gonna buy a month of xbl to play it? Razz

Halo has always been one of those games i've prefered playing split screen/LAN with my mates opposed to online with randomers. For example we used to constantly play Lockout on Halo 2 using Shotguns only with the exception of picking up the Energy Sword and I honestly can't tell you how much fun that used to be. We applied the same rules on the Guardian map on Halo 3 but it was never quite as good as 'Shotgun Lockout!' Luckily Microsoft can't charge me to have friends... Or can they?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:29 am

TRF wrote:
PSPVampire wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

LOL you lied to your own subscribers Razz

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
PSPVampire wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Halo has always been one of those games i've prefered playing split screen/LAN with my mates opposed to online with randomers. For example we used to constantly play Lockout on Halo 2 using Shotguns only with the exception of picking up the Energy Sword and I honestly can't tell you how much fun that used to be. We applied the same rules on the Guardian map on Halo 3 but it was never quite as good as 'Shotgun Lockout!' Luckily Microsoft can't charge me to have friends... Or can they?

Yeah fair enough but some of my friends I don't get a chance to see anymore because they go to different colleges or live not too near so I require online as well.
lol just wait, Microsoft will charge you for everything.
"To use our wireless controllers you must pay £1 an hour!"
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:37 am

PSPVampire wrote:
Yeah fair enough but some of my friends I don't get a chance to see anymore because they go to different colleges or live not too near so I require online as well.
lol just wait, Microsoft will charge you for everything.
"To use our wireless controllers you must pay £1 an hour!"
Haha, I've been through the whole Uni days and they are fast becoming a distant memory! But I can completely understand where your coming from. The thing is all my closest mates own PS3's so if I was to play online with them I would have to defect to the dark side Shocked
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 8:38 am

PSPVampire wrote:
TRF wrote:
PSPVampire wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

LOL you lied to your own subscribers Razz
I didn't lie, I just changed my mind after I made the recording. Razz
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:57 pm

I won't be paying the $60 subscription fee regardless of games, but then that's more because I'm short on funds at the moment. Still, $60 is quite high, that's the cost of a new game.

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
Luckily Microsoft can't charge me to have friends... Or can they?

Maybe they can. clown
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:05 pm

I have no choice but to pay for it. Online networking has been a huge part of this generations consoles especially the X360. Microsoft wants to be the corporate assholes by raising the price, they got too jealous of Activision's attention.

I'm not going to be part of this Boycott, because I know it doesn't work. But if it does God bless you guys.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:48 pm

You don't HAVE to pay $60 a year for XBL. There is an upcoming promo that will be offered right on XBL for $40 for 12 months. And you could go to cheapassgamer.com and check their for any other discounts or promos you can their might be.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 12:23 am

in Canada gold was always $60. good thing that didnt go up as well, just the month cards
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:42 pm

Check out Pbone's vid about it.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:29 pm

Did no one watch pbone's vid? Sad I'm disappointed in you guys!
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:03 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Sorry! Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 9:08 am

DemonWolf wrote:

nah, i've given up on peoples youtube videos
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 3:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Don't blame me, blame him for not providing interesting content. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription   Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Price change for Xbox LIVE Gold subscription
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2