This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Framerate upscaler!!

Go down 
+2
Stoney
Alan1994
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Framerate upscaler!! Empty
PostSubject: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:30 pm

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-force-unleashed-60fps-tech-article

TL:DR version.

Basically LucasArts have found a way to make a mainly v-locked 30 FPS game to give the same responsiveness and feel of a 60 FPS game, basically saving a whole lot of processing power than it would have taken to make it actually 60 FPS.

The potential here is termendous! Game developers could make a 15 FPS to give the same impression as a 30 FPS game and double the visual fidelity by using this tech!! This could expand the life and quality of this generations software. Progression of hardware through software engines. Brillant.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 8:36 pm

Interesting. And judging by the was Star Wars Force Unleashed 2 is looking in those screens it could be a big breakthrough. The game looks gorgeous.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 9:00 pm

All new games start at 55$?
Hopefully.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:47 am

wow I never thought Force Unleashed 2 was that technically powerful.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:57 am

So that means a game running at 60 FPS . . . holy crap. Shocked
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 6:56 am

TRF wrote:

No like Allan said, if developers can make it look like it is running at twice the frame rate it really is, console games can look a lot better because they can allocate more resources without having to worry about frame rate drops.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:39 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

No like Allan said, if developers can make it look like it is running at twice the frame rate it really is, console games can look a lot better because they can allocate more resources without having to worry about frame rate drops.
Right. I'm saying imagine if this technology was applied to a game running at 60 FPS. It'd be even more smooth and beautiful.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:45 am

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Right. I'm saying imagine if this technology was applied to a game running at 60 FPS. It'd be even more smooth and beautiful.

oh sorry i misunderstood your post.
However I think there is a limit on the frame rate your eyes can see. Can't remember exactly what the number is off the top of my head.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 7:47 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

However I think there is a limit on the frame rate your eyes can see. Can't remember exactly what the number is off the top of my head.
I doubt it's 120 because I think certain PC games can run at 120.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:38 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I think its around the 40 mark.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:13 pm

Stoney wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I think its around the 40 mark.

haha I don't think it's that simple

http://www.100fps.com/how_many_frames_can_humans_see.htm
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Framerate upscaler!!   Framerate upscaler!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Framerate upscaler!!
Page 1 of 1