This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's Starcraft Like?

Go down 
+3
DarkSwarm85
ZeInFormer
Pickles
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

What's Starcraft Like? Empty
PostSubject: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 7:41 pm

I've gotten over my hate for anything besides 360 so I'm just wondering?

What's the FIRST game like? I'm using a torrent to download the first one(yeah, I know).

Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyMon Aug 30, 2010 10:48 pm

Well, SC is loved because it's perhaps one of the most balanced RTS games ever made. If you complain about something, you just simply sucks that's pretty much it. Not only that, it's a really fun game. Campaign was fun too, but I feel like the game was made for MP.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:21 am

Are you familiar with RTS games and how they work?
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 5:31 am

I've only played Starcraft 2 and I can say its a hell of a lot of fun, until you started getting completely owned by people online. If you can find a group of friends who are of similar skill level, you will lose hours and hours to it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 1:27 pm

Im currently going through the first campaign on SC and I am having a blast, its definitely worth a download.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 3:07 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Im currently going through the first campaign on SC and I am having a blast, its definitely worth a download.

Which race and level are you on?
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyTue Aug 31, 2010 9:00 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Are you familiar with RTS games and how they work?

No.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 2:49 pm

StarCraft is balanced, StarCraft 2 is slightly imbalanced. Terran Vs Zerg is unfair. Terran have the advantage. Even the top top players say that. Idra for one.

Edit: Patch 1.1, they are going to make the Terran Vs Zerg more balanced!
http://us.battle.net/sc2/en/blog/692221#blog
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyWed Sep 01, 2010 6:10 pm

well basicly RTS is real time strategy. yes terran vs zerg is imbalanced as hell and void roys and annoying as hell. especially when u do 4 vs 4 toss and every enemy team decides to do mass rays
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 1:08 am

ZERG RUSH
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 3:23 am

Teckno wrote:
StarCraft is balanced, StarCraft 2 is slightly imbalanced. Terran Vs Zerg is unfair. Terran have the advantage. Even the top top players say that. Idra for one.

Idra rage quitting = ROFL!
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyThu Sep 02, 2010 5:15 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

lol patches

worst thing to ever happen to gaming.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:26 am

Pickles wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

lol patches

Why would you say that?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 1:21 pm

Pickles wrote:
DarkSwarm85 wrote:
Teckno wrote:

lol patches

I would say thats one of the best things in gaming.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:20 pm

I disagree. It was embarrassing when Red Dead Redemption came out with invisible guns in multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptyFri Sep 03, 2010 5:41 pm

Pickles wrote:
I disagree. It was embarrassing when Red Dead Redemption came out with invisible guns in multiplayer.
So that deems patches unworthy?
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 2:17 am

Teckno wrote:
Pickles wrote:

And the broken multiplayer for MW2 and Gears Of War 2. Shitty ports for Bully on 360 and Orange Box on PS3 and then GTA IV for PC.

God damn, a game is supposed to work properly in the first place.

I don't think they should treat us like unpaid beta testers.

Well that's just what I think anyways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 9:41 am

Pickles wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Pickles wrote:

And the broken multiplayer for MW2 and Gears Of War 2. Shitty ports for Bully on 360 and Orange Box on PS3 and then GTA IV for PC.

MW2 was broken from the beginning. Never really played Gears 2 though. But patches help fix games when they don't find all the problems first. I dont see how thats a bad thing.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 12:32 pm

Pickles wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Patches are a great thing. What you hate are lazy developers who overlook the problems and decide to patch it later. It's kinda like a bandage. They're good, but what's even better is trying not to get a cut in the first place. You can't hate bandages just because they make the dangers of a cut seem tinier.
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptySat Sep 04, 2010 1:21 pm

Pickles wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Pickles wrote:

It's obvious some bad developers take advantage of that, but, think of Uncharted 2. A great game made by great a developer, to improve flaws that they missed is a pro in my eyes
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? EmptySun Sep 05, 2010 6:36 pm

TRF wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Teckno wrote:
Pickles wrote:

Patches are a great thing. What you hate are lazy developers who overlook the problems and decide to patch it later. It's kinda like a bandage. They're good, but what's even better is trying not to get a cut in the first place. You can't hate bandages just because they make the dangers of a cut seem tinier.

You're probably right.

Or...it's probably the fact that patches exist that make developers lazy. If they didn't exist. Developers would only have one chance to make a game bug-free. So they'd test the shit out of it to make sure it'd work properly when it comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's Starcraft Like?   What's Starcraft Like? Empty

Back to top Go down

What's Starcraft Like?
Page 1 of 1