This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I...Hate...Graphics....Whores

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:07 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
Heavy Rain is just set-piece after set-piece O_o Very good game though.

You have some good contenders but that's all they are. BTW I think you should take PDZ off that list......WTF!

Frank2368 wrote:
Yeah, why's PDZ there lol

Perfect Dark Zero is there for having some of the greatest up-close texture detail ever seen on a console before.

Honestly. The character models are awful but the textures are shocking. Unfortunately there are NO decent pics on the internet of PDZ except for one which I always post.
But if you happen to own the game, my graphically favourite level is the second one, in the car park area at the start. Wow... the ground, the wall and even the vehicles look stunning!
https://redcdn.net/ihimizer/img198/422/perfectdscr.jpg
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:10 pm

That PDZ screenshot just looks over-sharpened, that's all. Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:15 pm

Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:18 pm

To me it matters. The fact that the developers constructed their engine based off of visual fidelity and hardly any technical improvements in AI, physics, etc REALLY pisses me off. Gameplay first, graphics second.

I'm a complete Tech whore, and to me the true advancement in technology comes with advancements in the broadness of a game and inspired AI.

With GOW3, in my head it's like "oh it looks amazing because it was a design choice to make it more of a visual experience". With Halo Reach, it looks great in this day and age...yet it's also even more impressive how they can splash the screen with so many enemy AI and so much open space and different environments to go with it. So in my head I'm like "Holy f*ck" and I start to wonder if there really was any design compromises when making the game engine.

DISCLAIMER: This doesn't necessarily have to an exclusive to show advancements in tech, Red Dead Redemption is also mindblowingly fascinating when it comes to tech, and Unreal Engine is one of the best engines in gaming and it's cross platform.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:30 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
To me it matters. The fact that the developers constructed their engine based off of visual fidelity and hardly any technical improvements in AI, physics, etc REALLY pisses me off. Gameplay first, graphics second.

I'm a complete Tech whore, and to me the true advancement in technology comes with advancements in the broadness of a game and inspired AI.

With GOW3, in my head it's like "oh it looks amazing because it was a design choice to make it more of a visual experience". With Halo Reach, it looks great in this day and age...yet it's also even more impressive how they can splash the screen with so many enemy AI and so much open space and different environments to go with it. So in my head I'm like "Holy f*ck" and I start to wonder if there really was any design compromises when making the game engine.

DISCLAIMER: This doesn't necessarily have to an exclusive to show advancements in tech, Red Dead Redemption is also mindblowingly fascinating when it comes to tech, and Unreal Engine is one of the best engines in gaming and it's cross platform.

I fully agree!!
Also, seeing as you're a tech whore, please tell everyone how impressive Perfect Dark Zero is as they don't believe me!!

I mean I'm sure most of the textures are procedural but they still look amazing anyway with the bumper mapping(?) and excellent lighting effects.
Back to top Go down
Xeno-Left this cesspool
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xeno-Left this cesspool

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:37 pm

xSTONEYx187x wrote:
XenoTempest wrote:
xSTONEYx187x wrote:
DW you never played GoW III so you really can't say that. Its all good grabbing up a bad screenshot, but when you play on a 42" HDTV give me a shout. Wink

GoW III is the best looking console game,bar none.
lies it looks like shit compared to uc2 and i HAVE played it on a 42 inch 1080p samsung

OK Laughing
i did, the whole thing before i traded in my ps3 i still have my tv if you want me to prove it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 5:49 pm

Alan1994 wrote:

All I know is God of War III was fucking gorgeous and a phenomenal game as well, so even if Santa Monica put gameplay second, they did a damn fine job at it.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:41 am

Alan1994 wrote:

I don't agree with this.

These "beautiful" games just get outdated in like 5 years.

I hate how developers are trying to achieve advancements in tech instead of story or character.

Look at the Godfather movie. No one's going to say how shitty it's special effects were because it didn't focus on that.

Then look at all those games that were supposed to blow your mind ten years ago.

They age terribly because they focus too much on technical gimmicks instead of a key feature that ages very well: story.

Fuck you guys you're all going to die virgins, go take a shower.

Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:52 am

Pickles wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I don't agree with this.

I hate how developers are trying to achieve advancements in tech instead of story or character.

Look at the Godfather movie. No one's going to say how shitty it's special effects were because it didn't focus on that.

Then look at all those games that were supposed to blow your mind ten years ago.

They age terribly because they focus too much on technical gimmicks instead of a key feature that ages very well: story.

But The Godfather does look too dated. I don't really watch films made before the 90s because they look too bad.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:21 am

GGM wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I don't agree with this.

But The Godfather does look too dated. I don't really watch films made before the 90s because they look too bad.

Yeah and I don't listen to bands like King Crimson because they're soo dated.

Razz
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:47 am

GGM wrote:
Really? Hell, I don't care if the effects are bad. One of my favorite movies is Jason and the Argonauts, which used stop-motion for the monsters. It looks so cool. The same with the original King Kong and Clash of the Titans.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:22 am

GGM wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I don't agree with this.

are you fucking stupid?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:58 am

GGM wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I don't agree with this.

Wow. Well then thats your loss. Your missing out on some of the greatest movies ever
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:29 pm

I was just joking, my favourite film is probably Rear Window.
But I actually know someone who believes in the "before-90s" rule, and he considers himself a film buff.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:49 pm

I love watching the original star wars trilogy movies yet there graphics are outdated
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:23 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I love watching the original star wars trilogy movies yet there graphics are outdated

You are so funny...
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 7:54 pm

Pickles wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I don't agree with this.

Har Har, your sarcasm is soo funny.

You missed the point of my post. I WANT games to focus on technical advancements, but I want developers to optimise their engine IN FAVOR of the gameplay. Another example, the lighting engine in Alan Wake is absolutely gorgeous, yet it's also a key gameplay element.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:24 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You are so funny...
What?
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 pm

PhunkGamer wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You are so funny...
What?

You confused or something?
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:11 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
PhunkGamer wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

You are so funny...
What?

You confused or something?
Something like that.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 12:13 am

Alan1994 wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

I don't agree with this.

Har Har, your sarcasm is soo funny.

You missed the point of my post. I WANT games to focus on technical advancements, but I want developers to optimise their engine IN FAVOR of the gameplay. Another example, the lighting engine in Alan Wake is absolutely gorgeous, yet it's also a key gameplay element.

._.

I wasn't being sarcastic.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 3:38 pm

ps3 fanboys are the latest graphics whores.......lol

completely ignoring their heritage as PS consoles never were the most powerful in their respective generations Razz

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:11 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
PC fanboys are the latest graphics whores.......lol

completely ignoring their heritage as PS consoles never were the most powerful in their respective generations Razz
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 12:45 am

Teckno wrote:
GeneralMLD wrote:
PC fanboys are the latest graphics whores.......lol

It's funny hearing PC fanboys saying multiplats on the PC make the console versions look like Nes games.

To me, the differences look slight.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 EmptyFri Sep 24, 2010 6:11 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
ps3 fanboys are the latest graphics whores.......lol

Who cares about their heritage? That just means Sony is stepping it up in terms of hardware.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I...Hate...Graphics....Whores   I...Hate...Graphics....Whores - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

I...Hate...Graphics....Whores
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next