This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?

Go down 
+16
ghost23
Stigma
Freemon34'
GeneralMLD
TrueXboxFan
TRF
ZeInFormer
Alan1994
Arbiteris
NightFang91
DemonWolf
Diplo
lightlamp
Stoney
Shin_Akuma
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Should Halo Reach eventually get a PC Port?
Yes
Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? Vote_lcap41%Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? Vote_rcap
 41% [ 11 ]
no
Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? Vote_lcap59%Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? Vote_rcap
 59% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 27

AuthorMessage
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? Empty
PostSubject: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:33 pm

I believe it should. I mean why not? Just think of what the modding community could do with this game. Look at what the did to Gears of War https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weGUHzQHTXw
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 1:56 pm

That fucking CRAZY! That mod looks sick. As for Halo Reach going to the PC, I say why not? But I highly doubt MS will put it on the PC.

Im not really a big fan of Halo but Reach sure has got my attention.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:24 pm

No Gears of war got its ass pirated off on the PC and the same will happen with Reach if it goes to the PC. Besides Most PC elitists don't want our console kiddy games amirite?
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 2:38 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:
No Gears of war got its ass pirated off on the PC and the same will happen with Reach if it goes to the PC. Besides Most PC elitists don't want our console kiddy games amirite?

No.
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:22 pm

that gears mod looks exactly like killzone 2.

also, i wouldn't mind the much better 1920x1080 res and better textures the PC would bring
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 3:23 pm

lightlamp2 wrote:

It will get "pirated" on the 360 too. I say it should be on the PC, more fun for everyone that way.
I still play the PC port of the first Halo.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:11 pm

I voted yes and no Razz

It depends which perspective you look at it from.

For a pc gamer, it would obviously be beneficial.
For a business perspective (microsoft, not bungie) it would be best to stay on 360. Because it's more reasons for people to buy a 360.
From a fanboy perspective, I'd rather it goes to pc. That way it's more humiliating to ps3 fanboys. The game goes to several systems, but not their system xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:21 pm

I think all games should be released on all major platforms.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:42 pm

Nope

PC fanboys dont deserve Halo.Next thing you know, "Hahahah Halo reach is better on PC!!!" in the reach comment sections from PC fanboys

Bungie should focus on 360,not PC(which will get pirated ALOT more than 360)

Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Nope

PC fanboys dont deserve Halo.Next thing you know, "Hahahah Halo reach is better on PC!!!" in the reach comment sections from PC fanboys

That has to be the most fanboy thing I have ever read in my life.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 4:56 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
Nope

That has to be the most fanboy thing I have ever read in my life.

Nope,go look at what happened to Mass Effect.Instead of people hyped and saying good thing about Mass Effect 2 in comment sections,the comment sections were filled with PC fanboys blabbling on about how much PC version is better than 360's.No joke

If they port Halo Reach to PC,guess what will happen in the comment sections?Think about it

If bungie ports to PC,it will cost time,people and rescources.And for what?To get their games pirated?Best just to stick with 360

Calling me a fanboy is not proving me wrong Very Happy

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:01 pm

NightFang91 wrote:
I think all games should be released on all major platforms.

As do I.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 5:30 pm

I wouldn't mind it being on PC. But I also don't see why it should be. I honestly don't want them to cater to PC owners when there is already a fanbase 14 million strong on the Xbox.
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:43 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
I wouldn't mind it being on PC. But I also don't see why it should be. I honestly don't want them to cater to PC owners when there is already a fanbase 14 million strong on the Xbox.

It should be on PC because its a nice thing that everyone would enjoy except idiots who are fanboys.

more importantly, bungie would make more money, and maybe some people would upgrade to windows 7 for DX11.
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 6:51 pm

pifarm wrote:
It should be on PC because its a nice thing that everyone would enjoy except idiots who are fanboys.

more importantly, bungie would make more money, and maybe some people would upgrade to windows 7 for DX11.
But that could be said about any game. I don't really see the point of this thread.
Back to top Go down
Diplo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Diplo

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:00 pm

well we cant live in a perfect world can we?
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 7:35 pm

As much I love PC gaming in the 90s, my answer is no. I think the 360 has too many console exclusives, and should have some more "real exclusives." It'll give players a real good reason to buy the console instead of going *I can just get it on my PC and i'll have better graphics, blah blah*. Mods are cool at times, but it does hurt the game too. Trust me I got friends that buy Wc3 or HL 2 just to play the mods...instead of playing the actual games.

The terminator mod do look cool, but I don't see myself playing it.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:32 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
I believe it should. I mean why not? Just think of what the modding community could do with this game. Look at what the did to Gears of War https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=weGUHzQHTXw
That's a sick mod. Cool

Yeah, why not port Reach to PC? Moar gaemz 4 evry1 amirite?
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 9:58 pm

ZeInFormer wrote:
As much I love PC gaming in the 90s, my answer is no. I think the 360 has too many console exclusives, and should have some more "real exclusives." It'll give players a real good reason to buy the console instead of going *I can just get it on my PC and i'll have better graphics, blah blah*. Mods are cool at times, but it does hurt the game too. Trust me I got friends that buy Wc3 or HL 2 just to play the mods...instead of playing the actual games.

The terminator mod do look cool, but I don't see myself playing it.

This pretty much sums it up. Not saying I would hate a PC version, but I think Microsoft is running low on Platform exclusives for the X360.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 10:26 pm

I honestly don't care. I just want to play the game! lol but if they aren't gonna port the others then it would be stupid.
Back to top Go down
TrueXboxFan

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:45 pm

hell no then ps3 fanboyz will have a taste of what a true FPS GAME IS!!
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:49 pm

halo 1 and halo 2 sales taught MS to just keep halo on xbox exclusively.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyThu Sep 09, 2010 11:50 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Nope

Halo 1 and 2 were better on the PC. Just play the custom editions from Cnet and you would know what I mean Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 12:13 am

dunno, wouldn't affect my enjoyment of the game, but it be a pretty bad decision from a business standpoint because the 360 needs some actual exclusives.

Come to think of it, Gran Turismo 4 was on the PC, but Gran Turismo 5 will not be, so both companies think it's okay to cut a franchise from the PC to assist their console. What nice people they are.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? EmptyFri Sep 10, 2010 1:22 am

It's not going to happen and I don't think it should either.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?   Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC? Empty

Back to top Go down

Should Halo Reach be Ported to the PC?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: