This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo 3 Review

Go down 
+7
Pein
Stoney
Stigma
Noelol
Arbiteris
TRF
NarrowElf
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

Halo 3 Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:26 pm

PhunkGamer wrote:
I like the "Stroy" Part. Stroy makes up the story... lol!

How come whever I make a typo people jump on it like it's WW3.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:27 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
But in Halo it is bland.
Then that means it's bland in every shooter. Every shooter has machine guns.

No but Vanquish is more tight. It has stuff that really makes it stand out besides jumping. I mean the gameplay in Vanquish and Gears feels tight whole Halo feels loose and there for bland.
That's because Gears of War and Vanquish are third-person shooters. They feel tighter because they have cover systems.

Fine, why does Call of Duty, Medal of Honor, and the rest of those shiz FPSes feel tighter than Halo.
Because you're not playing as a super soldier. In Call of Duty and Medal of Honor, you're grounded and stuck to the limits of a normal human being. With Halo, you can jump higher and whatnot, and have less limits. See, I told you jumping higher changed the game.

I don't know when I play a game of Halo 3 it always seems like we're trying to grab each others asses because all everyone does is shoot their machine gun blindly and go in for a 50/50 melee killa dn that's it. Nobody uses a shot gun, rocket launcher, hammer. Maybe an energy sword or gatling gun.
It depends on the map you're playing on. The weapon selection is different depending on the map you're on. Yeah, you do see people running at each other, spraying bullets until they get close enough to melee, but if you look at other gametypes on a wider variety of maps, you'll see that that's not all that people do. Every game has an overused tactic, and Halo is no exception, but I think the fact that it has very few overused tactics speaks to its strengths.

I have and every match is a session of grab ass.

I'm sorry but that is the case for every mode and map.
Then you clearly haven't played the game enough.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:33 pm

NarrowElf wrote:

I will reiterate my statement: you clearly have not played the game enough. People use shotguns, battle rifles, gravity hammers, and energy swords all the time.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:34 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

I will reiterate my statement: you clearly have not played the game enough. People use shotguns, battle rifles, gravity hammers, and energy swords all the time.
Grab ass?
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:35 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

Okay let me say something. Yes they do 1/10th of the time. Not many people do that. Energy swords and gravity hammers are used. Battle Rifles are almost never used and shotguns are usually only used on this 1 map and that's it. Rocket Launchers are a rare use. It's mainly sessions of grab ass and I do not lie. Alright I'm going to repeat something Spoony said: How many times are you going to buy Halo: COmbat Evolved!?"
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:36 pm

PhunkGamer wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

Grab ass?

Uh, it's a SPoony reference. Basically Halo 3 to me was always running to your enemy shooting and than whacking them. That's it and I used a Spoony reference and called it grab ass.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:40 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

Okay let me say something. Yes they do 1/10th of the time. Not many people do that. Energy swords and gravity hammers are used. Battle Rifles are almost never used and shotguns are usually only used on this 1 map and that's it. Rocket Launchers are a rare use. It's mainly sessions of grab ass and I do not lie. Alright I'm going to repeat something Spoony said: How many times are you going to buy Halo: COmbat Evolved!?"
I see a variety of weapons being used. Are certain weapons under-used? Of course. No one wants to use the Magnum, Plasma Pistol, Spiker, or Plasma Rifle, but every other weapon gets a fair amount of use.

Also, Halo has evolved (no pun intended) considerably since the first game.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:43 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

I see a variety of weapons being used. Are certain weapons under-used? Of course. No one wants to use the Magnum, Plasma Pistol, Spiker, or Plasma Rifle, but every other weapon gets a fair amount of use.

Okay enjoy Halo 1.75.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:44 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

Okay enjoy Halo 1.75.
I would hardly call added multiplayer, a more linear campaign, and equipment ".75".
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:46 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

Okay enjoy Halo 1.75.
I would hardly call added multiplayer, a more linear campaign, and equipment ".75".
Your right .76 just for effort. Haha shallow campaign and slapped on m,ulti-player is not new.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:48 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

Okay enjoy Halo 1.75.
Your right .76 just for effort. Haha shallow campaign and slapped on m,ulti-player is not new.
The first Halo had a fantastic campaign. 2's was good. 3's was decent. How can you say the multiplayer is slapped on when it's the bulk of the game? Halo offers $100 worth of content for $60, at least.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 9:49 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

Okay enjoy Halo 1.75.
The first Halo had a fantastic campaign. 2's was good. 3's was decent. How can you say the multiplayer is slapped on when it's the bulk of the game? Halo offers $100 worth of content for $60, at least.
You mean like 30 now VC2 AND dr2 OFFER THAT. Also I find that multi-player is an excuse not to have a good campaign.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:09 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
You mean like 30 now VC2 AND dr2 OFFER THAT. Also I find that multi-player is an excuse not to have a good campaign.

I find that over half of your posts are dedicated to trolling Halo.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:

I find that over half of your posts are dedicated to trolling Halo.

You do realize this is my REVIEW on Halo 3 and so these are my thoughts on it. Hello, review, criticism. WOW!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 14, 2010 10:45 pm

There is a review section Smile
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:46 am

NarrowElf wrote:
Valkyria Chronicles 2 doesn't offer content on the level of Halo 3. Dead Rising 2 offers more than Valkyria Chronicles 2, but I'm not sure how close it comes to Halo 3. Even if they did both offer as much content, what does that have anything to do with how much content Halo offers? And if you didn't like the campaign, oh, well, but remember that this game is popular for its multiplayer, so of course Bungie is going to work on the multiplayer more.
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 6:48 am

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
Valkyria Chronicles 2 doesn't offer content on the level of Halo 3. Dead Rising 2 offers more than Valkyria Chronicles 2, but I'm not sure how close it comes to Halo 3. Even if they did both offer as much content, what does that have anything to do with how much content Halo offers? And if you didn't like the campaign, oh, well, but remember that this game is popular for its multiplayer, so of course Bungie is going to work on the multiplayer more.

What!? VC2 has 100 hours of single-player content AND Multi-Player which unlike Halo doesn't feel slapped on.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 7:48 am

What is it with this dude and Halo? Its quite evident that you don't like the series, so why do a review? Another reason to bash on it.
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:54 am

halo is generic? *facepalm* i think that you should be saying to call of duty not halo
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 am

Another one of NarrowElf's posts:
Quote :
I have never really understood what makes Halo the best of the XBox's library. It's fun but could someone explain what makes it great. I don't know, I have never really played much of it.

Case Closed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 12:15 pm

Halo's defining point in the gameplay is the multiplayer. Tbh I am not too interested in the story, really all I would play is the multiplayer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:04 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :
I have never really understood what makes Halo the best of the XBox's library. It's fun but could someone explain what makes it great. I don't know, I have never really played much of it.

Case Closed.
i.e. YOU HAVEN'T PLAYED ENOUGH OF THE GAME, NARROWELF!!!!!!!

Thank you DemonWolf. I win. Smile
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:07 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

Case Closed.

I've played the game since 2008!!! OKAY!!! 2008!!! PLaying matchs every week and here is my review. Why did I play it so much, I did TRY to like it, but I didn't. Also DEAD RISING 2: CASE WEST AND VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 3!!!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:10 pm

NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

Case Closed.

I've played the game since 2008!!! OKAY!!! 2008!!! PLaying matchs every week and here is my review. Why did I play it so much, I did TRY to like it, but I didn't. Also DEAD RISING 2: CASE WEST AND VALKYRIA CHRONICLES 3!!!
Why do you play matches every week if you think it's mediocre? Also, why would you ask us about it if you played it enough to write a full review?
Back to top Go down
NarrowElf
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:11 pm

TRF wrote:
NarrowElf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :

Case Closed.

Why do you play matches every week if you think it's mediocre? Also, why would you ask us about it if you played it enough to write a full review?

I didn't, I don't play every week more like every month and by the way I never did I asked you why you like this shit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo 3 Review   Halo 3 Review - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo 3 Review
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: Halo-
Jump to: