This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!

Go down 
+6
Pickles
MrPink
daveMastaKill
TRF
Shin_Akuma
Inuboy1000
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! Empty
PostSubject: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 10:45 am

Joystiq wrote:
It was no coincidence that a new Ninja Theory game announcement and a "DMC" trademark were discovered at the same time. Capcom has confirmed that Enslaved/Heavenly Sword developer Ninja Theory is applying its expertise to demon hunting, with a trailer for DMC: Devil May Cry.

What, no number? It's a "rebirth of Devil May Cry," starring a younger Dante who may or may not be experiencing the events in the game for real, judging from the appearance in the trailer of a chained character who may be hallucinating. "We're hoping to make a game that even Capcom can be proud of," Ninja Theory director Tameem Antoniades said on stage. No wonder -- there's good money in pleasing Capcom.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 1:40 pm

I dont even play devil may cry and dantes new look pissed me off.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 3:57 pm

More like "Dante May Cry". He looks like an emo douchebag.

For shame, Ninja Theory. You shouldn't change a character as iconic as Dante.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:00 pm

TRF wrote:

I dont know, if you ask me Cole from Infamous looked like an emo douchebag. But people complained when they changed Cole's look to be less emo.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 4:02 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
TRF wrote:

I dont know, if you ask me Cole from Infamous looked like an emo douchebag. But people complained when they changed Cole's look to be less emo.
I didn't think he looked like an emo douchebag at all. He did act like one, though, so I'm glad they fixed that. I didn't like his skater look, and I'm glad they redesigned him.
Back to top Go down
daveMastaKill
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
daveMastaKill

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 5:33 pm

TRF wrote:

This....

Back to top Go down
MrPink
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
MrPink

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:28 pm

Dante looks like their lead designer.
Can anyone say, incoming shitstorm?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyWed Sep 15, 2010 9:31 pm

MrPink wrote:
I'm sure the game will be good, but I want the old Dante back. I don't care if they change him a little, but he looks totally different and will probably carry a different personality too.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:18 am

Lol the gaming industry is going Hollywood.

Expect more "gritty" reboots in the upcoming future.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:32 am

Devil May Bitch!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:15 am

TRF wrote:
MrPink wrote:
I'm sure the game will be good, but I want the old Dante back. I don't care if they change him a little, but he looks totally different and will probably carry a different personality too.
its not the same dante,its a completely new dante and this new game has nothing to do with the past DMC games whatsoever.
i found this on the dmc pedia

"Capcom issued a statement clarifing that this game takes place in a different universe, as it is being developed by a different developer from previous titles of the franchise, and will not affect any story elements already established by the classic series."
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:46 am

It is a travesty. Many are starting to refer to this game as "Twilight May Cry" as Dante has been completely re-vamped. DMC is my favorite gaming franchise and what Ninja Theory has been allowed to do to this series is tantamount to butchery. Still, the trailer was supposed to show this new main character in a mental institution saying his name was Dante so perhaps he just thinks he's Dante. I sincerely hope Ninja Theory knows what they're doing, otherwise DMC2 will no longer be the low-point of the series.
Back to top Go down
MrPink
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
MrPink

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:54 pm

TRF wrote:

Same here, its just the shameless self placement that gets me.
I mean, in Max Payne The lead designer used his face for some models, but it wasn't too noticeable.
In Left 4 Dead, Gabe used himself for inspiration when designing the boomer.
But putting yourself as THE MAIN FUCKING CHARACTER? That's no good.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:36 pm

ZOMG IT WILL SUCK!!!!! Jk
But I dont think it will be that great though. Alot of stuff are missing...like Dante!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!   Devil May Cry Reboot Announced! Empty

Back to top Go down

Devil May Cry Reboot Announced!
Page 1 of 1