This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?

Go down 
+9
Stoney
Pein
Blixtstorm
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
TRF
DemonWolf
ghost23
Pickles
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? Empty
PostSubject: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:40 am

Yeah I know there's already a thread like this but I just wanted to do this anyways.

I actually prefer JRPGs.

From what I've played WRPGs seem bland to me because they're not as colorful or emotional to me as JRPGs are. The endings to Final Fantasy X and Chrono Trigger were way more emotional to me than the one's for Mass Effect. And the characters were more memorable to me in those type of games because they seemed more colorful and creative to me(lol all you want).

Tell which one you prefer and WHY.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:30 am

Western. You just cant beat games like Mass Effect 2, Fallout 3 etc.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:57 am

lol wut u talkin bout mate, jrpgs r well gay mate.

Jk.
But I still prefer WRPG's. The advantages of Jrpgs are, yes, the emotional attachment but the gameplay tends to be bland, the characters usually really annoying and they just are so random and dull imo. WRPGs are more adventurey and more exciting Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:06 am

I like WRPGs for the open world.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:38 am

We all know how good Fallout 3 and the Mass Effect series are. But once you've played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series there is no question WRPG's are better.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:50 am

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
We all know how good Fallout 3 and the Mass Effect series are. But once you've played the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series there is no question WRPG's are better.

Isn't S.T.A.L.K.E.R an FPS? Neutral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:07 am

Real RPG's....

So that would be western RPG's
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:13 am

i prefered jrpgs last gen,but this gen wrpgs are far superior
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:31 am

DemonWolf wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Its a kinda hybrid FPS, open world with RPG elements. Well according to Wiki. Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 7:44 am

WRPG's, with Oblivion, Mass Effect, and others, there is nothing better.
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:28 am

DemonWolf wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

The nearest game to compare it to is Fallout 3, although S.T.A.L.K.E.R. seems much darker in comparison to the point where it's even been categorised as a Survival Horror game! The Ukrainian developers have their own style that stands out against the endless masses of games developed by Americans.

"It features an alternate reality theme, where a second nuclear disaster occurs at the Chernobyl Nuclear Power Plant in the near future and causes strange changes in the area around it. The game has a non-linear storyline and features gameplay elements such as trading and two-way communication with NPCs. The game includes elements of role-playing and business simulation games."
Back to top Go down

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:59 am

WRPGs, but I like both genres. Fallout is one of my favourite games, and I'm expecting New Vegas to be great.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:58 pm

Conflicted

I'd say WRPGs are better...however. I think Atlus's JRPGs are the best, better than all WRPGs I've played, but I also at this point only like Atlus's JRPGs.
Back to top Go down
Xeno-Left this cesspool
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xeno-Left this cesspool

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:14 pm

I used to love jrpgs... last gen. this gen they have kinda lost their magic for me. so i voted wrpg
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:41 pm

WRPG FTW!!!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:56 pm

XenoTempest wrote:
I used to love jrpgs... last gen. this gen they have kinda lost their magic for me. so i voted wrpg
Handheld gaming is a much better place for JRPGs. They're flourishing on the DS and PSP (mostly DS).
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 4:58 pm

TRF wrote:
XenoTempest wrote:
Handheld gaming is a much better place for JRPGs. They're flourishing on the DS and PSP (mostly DS).

Yep, makes complete since. There's 7 million 360s and PS3s in Japan. 10.7 million Wiis. 46.2 million DSs and PSPs. I hate it because although they are still good games, they'd be so much better on 360/PS3. Well, there are quite a bit on the Wii, but mostly DS and PSP.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
XenoTempest wrote:

Yep, makes complete since. There's 7 million 360s and PS3s in Japan. 10.7 million Wiis. 46.2 million DSs and PSPs. I hate it because although they are still good games, they'd be so much better on 360/PS3. Well, there are quite a bit on the Wii, but mostly DS and PSP.
I think handheld JRPGs don't have the opportunity to be plagued by horrible voice acting and bad characters since most handheld JRPGs use text instead of voices.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:04 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
XenoTempest wrote:

I think handheld JRPGs don't have the opportunity to be plagued by horrible voice acting and bad characters since most handheld JRPGs use text instead of voices.

No...Atlus gets good voice actors. And on a console you can have voice AND text.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:32 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
XenoTempest wrote:

No...Atlus gets good voice actors. And on a console you can have voice AND text.
There are definitely exceptions to who has good voice actors, but most console JRPGs go for voice, and most of the time, the voice acting sucks.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:38 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
XenoTempest wrote:

There are definitely exceptions to who has good voice actors, but most console JRPGs go for voice, and most of the time, the voice acting sucks.

A shame too cause as good as their games are and with the good voice acting their games still sell like shit outside of Japan. Although it's probably directly Atlus's fault considering they only release a couple 100 thousand copies of the games outside Japan. Although they don't have too much money either so it'd not like they can go on big campaign advertisements like say, Sqaure-Enix can. Regardless, I think developers who make JRPGs should still go to Atlus for an American/Europe release of a game.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:41 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
XenoTempest wrote:

A shame too cause as good as their games are and with the good voice acting their games still sell like shit outside of Japan. Although it's probably directly Atlus's fault considering they only release a couple 100 thousand copies of the games outside Japan. Although they don't have too much money either so it'd not like they can go on big campaign advertisements like say, Sqaure-Enix can. Regardless, I think developers who make JRPGs should still go to Atlus for an American/Europe release of a game.
Atlus has done a great job publishing out-of-the-box JRPGs like Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. Square Enix needs some fresh ideas, and quickly. The Atlus logo is probably the best thing I could find on the box of a JRPG title. I know they represent consistent quality and unique ideas.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 pm

TRF wrote:
Atlus has done a great job publishing out-of-the-box JRPGs like Demon's Souls and 3D Dot Game Heroes. Square Enix needs some fresh ideas, and quickly. The Atlus logo is probably the best thing I could find on the box of a JRPG title. I know they represent consistent quality and unique ideas.

Yeah, just wish they'd support the 360 and PS3 more. They've published 4 for the 360, and 2 for the PS3. And 1 upcoming one for both. Have developed nothing for them.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:06 pm

IDK...I got to try a WRPG first. Thats why I made a thread about what RGP should I get.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:25 pm

PhunkGamer wrote:
IDK...I got to try a WRPG first. Thats why I made a thread about what RGP should I get.

GET MASS EFFECT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?   JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer? Empty

Back to top Go down

JRPGs or WRPGs? Which do you prefer?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next