This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS

Go down 
+6
TRF
Xeno-Left this cesspool
DemonWolf
Stigma
Stoney
Pickles
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS Empty
PostSubject: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:11 am

Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 11:44 am

Looks interesting. Actually looking forward to seeing actual gameplay footage and how they plan to make them work.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:40 pm

Thank god, I was beginning to think Microsoft had forgotten about us.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 1:55 pm

WOW! That was unexpected.

Steel Battalion seems quite cool.
I'm looking forward to seeing that nightmares one.
Codename D could be amazing.
Can't wait too see Project Draco.
Haunt looks great from the screens so far. Could be goood!

Great to see some not-so-casual stuff despite motion control being aimed at casuals.
Quote :
Microsoft has announced another new partnership with developer Grounding Inc.

I hope we get some non-Kinect titles from them too!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Xeno-Left this cesspool
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Xeno-Left this cesspool

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 2:08 pm

I guess their not alienating their hardcore audience, if these games get good reviews i might pick up kinect.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 pm

Nice. Microsoft is turning themselves around.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 3:43 pm

I'm surprised. I'd definitely like to see what they can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:18 pm

Good show MS. Why couldn't have these games been in their E3 show? They would have rocked the stage with Kinect...but noooo we get Kinectimals Razz.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 6:30 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Good show MS. Why couldn't have these games been in their E3 show? They would have rocked the stage with Kinect...but noooo we get Kinectimals Razz.
I know, right? I doubt the Japanese even care about Kinect that much. Microsoft needed this at E3, especially with Nintendo dominating the competition. Maybe they could have even made Sony's triumph at Gamescom less than what it was.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:28 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
I know, right? I doubt the Japanese even care about Kinect that much. Microsoft needed this at E3, especially with Nintendo dominating the competition. Maybe they could have even made Sony's triumph at Gamescom less than what it was.

Oh well. Microsoft, for some strange reason, announce games at the last minute.

Maybe it's because it takes longer to try to make deals with 3rd party developers to secure exclusives? I could imagine.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 9:48 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Maybe it's because it takes longer to try to make deals with 3rd party developers to secure exclusives? I could imagine.
Securing exclusives wouldn't be an issue if they were first-party. Razz
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyThu Sep 16, 2010 10:05 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Securing exclusives wouldn't be an issue if they were first-party. Razz

True, but 3rd party support is always grand. History has shown that most of the best games have been made by Independent 3rd party Studios that don't completely lean on their publishers for support. And hell, one of those exclusives isn't even published by MS (Capcom)...So Microsoft doesn't really have to fork over for the game's budget.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 12:36 am

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

It still seems like they're trying to win over the Japanese.

If it means more money Microsoft is gonna go for it.

No Exceptions.

But srsly I'm pretty excited because I think the Japanese make the best games around so them supporting Kinect is pretty awesome.

Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyFri Sep 17, 2010 5:24 am

wow im surprised.i might buy kinect,since it has 2 horror games coming out,i saw project draco and it looked like lair for the 360,steel batalion looks epic and codename D was a bit weird..im hoping this games turn out to be great or awesome
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 12:49 pm

kinect is supposed to be casual focused...............but a few core titles here and there wouldnt hurt.

if you can get core gamers to buy a casual product, all the better.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 1:12 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
True, but 3rd party support is always grand. History has shown that most of the best games have been made by Independent 3rd party Studios that don't completely lean on their publishers for support. And hell, one of those exclusives isn't even published by MS (Capcom)...So Microsoft doesn't really have to fork over for the game's budget.
Still, I think Microsoft should muster up some more first-party support. Third-party support is getting thinner this generation. I think we were discussing this before. Mass Effect 2 went to PS3 (which I know was intended from the start), and I doubt ME3 will be on 360 and PC first. I also doubt any future Valve games will be 360/PC only.

I'm just saying, you can always count on first-party support since you own the guys. You can't completely rely on other people for things. At some point, you've got to do it yourself.

Pickles wrote:

No Exceptions.

But srsly I'm pretty excited because I think the Japanese make the best games around so them supporting Kinect is pretty awesome.
Microsoft is trying, I'll give them that. They entered a market they're going to be slaughtered in, and then tried to sell that product to another market they're going to be slaughtered in.

GeneralMLD wrote:
kinect is supposed to be casual focused...............but a few core titles here and there wouldnt hurt.

Then why is Sony making a stupid move with the Move? (no pun intended)
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 2:03 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:

Then why is Sony making a stupid move with the Move? (no pun intended)[/quote]

because they are going 50/50 with move. Core gamers with casual gaming should be a lesser priority. More core games equals less games for the main audience......casuals, to be interested.

MS is doing right cause they are offering mostly casual games with a game here and there for the core.

Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptySun Sep 19, 2010 4:45 pm

Quote :
Still, I think Microsoft should muster up some more first-party support. Third-party support is getting thinner this generation. I think we were discussing this before. Mass Effect 2 went to PS3 (which I know was intended from the start), and I doubt ME3 will be on 360 and PC first. I also doubt any future Valve games will be 360/PC only.

I'm just saying, you can always count on first-party support since you own the guys. You can't completely rely on other people for things. At some point, you've got to do it yourself.

The "Microsoft platform" exclusives they usually announce are published by MS. 4 out of the 5 exclusive games announced at TGS are to be published by Microsoft. When Microsoft/Sony publishes a 3rd party game, it usually stays exclusive. Mass Effect 1, despite the big push to the PS3 by EA, is still exclusive to Microsoft platforms since Microsoft published it.

Microsoft doesn't necessarily have to own the IP to secure it's exclusivity. Other prime examples include Gears of War (1-3) and Alan Wake. Because of the great partnerships Microsoft has with it's 3rd party developers, games like Gears of War feel as if they truely are 1st party exclusives.

3rd party exclusives has it's pros/cons. But it's pros out way it's cons heavily.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:44 am

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:

Pickles wrote:

No Exceptions.

Microsoft is trying, I'll give them that. They entered a market they're going to be slaughtered in, and then tried to sell that product to another market they're going to be slaughtered in.

GeneralMLD wrote:

Then why is Sony making a stupid move with the Move? (no pun intended)

That's not a pun.

This is a pun:

I hate vacuums. They suck!

LOLOLOLOLOLLOLLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS   5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS Empty

Back to top Go down

5 Kinect "Core" Games At TGS
Page 1 of 1