This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Any death metal fans?

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage

Any death metal fans? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Any death metal fans?   Any death metal fans? - Page 3 EmptyFri Nov 26, 2010 10:35 pm

Pickles wrote:
I don't like it when people scream angsty shit into a mic and sell it off as music.

I don't like when people talk fast about bitches and drugs and sell it off as music. Can go any way.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Any death metal fans?   Any death metal fans? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 8:12 am

Pickles wrote:
I don't like it when people scream angsty shit into a mic and sell it off as music.

angsty shit? You've got the wrong idea. Yeah, that is the case with screamo bands but death metal, more notably melodic death metal, .... listen to insomnium. For them it's something else.

The lyrics are like poetry
The guitar playing is sweet, the lead lines and especially dual guitar lines are meticulous and beautiful :')
It's got a whole melancholic vibe and the screaming adds to that. The power and impact you get from the vocalist is completely unmatched in any other genre. It's like it forces you to keep listening. It's not an angry song by any means. It's a dark song, yes but it's not driven by anger and honestly it takes more talent than you think to do those kinds of vocals. You can't just do regular screams because after a while that would seriously mess up your throat and you'd have to go to hospital and have operations done. In fact I think that's what M Shadows from A7X did. Instead, you have to learn to force the screams out using your diaphragm. It's really difficult to learn to do this, and even harder to get it sounding that good.
And personally, I really think growling/screaming vocals are amazing. They add a whole new dimension to the music. Imagine that song I posted above without screaming vocals, singing instead... It wouldn't really work or have the same effect.

But yeah... just something to think about.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Any death metal fans?   Any death metal fans? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 10:10 am

I usually don't like Death, Screamo, Grunge etc but I've recently been listening to Alice in Chains.

Quality band.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any death metal fans?   Any death metal fans? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:00 pm

Stoney wrote:
I usually don't like Death, Screamo, Grunge etc but I've recently been listening to Alice in Chains.

Quality band.

Hell yeah, Alice in Chains is amazing.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Any death metal fans?   Any death metal fans? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 12:27 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Quality band.

Yup. She sure is hot in those chains. I'm more of a handcuff & whips guy though.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Any death metal fans?   Any death metal fans? - Page 3 EmptySat Nov 27, 2010 1:44 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Stoney wrote:

Quality band.

Yup. She sure is hot in those chains. I'm more of a handcuff & whips guy though.

lol! lol! lol! lol!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any death metal fans?   Any death metal fans? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Any death metal fans?
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3