This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? Empty
PostSubject: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:26 am

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/112/1121324p1.html

I thought Reach and 3 was okay, and ODST was fairly easy. H1 and H2 are definitely the hardest in the series and H2 is a quite cheap in my opinion (the snipers...).
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:27 am

Jackel Snipers and Grunts with Fuel Rod Guns (from the first Halos, because the ones in the later games were less annoying) are the most annoying enemies in Halo, imo.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 12:36 am

Have you finished Reach on legendary? It gets damn hard at some points.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 3:12 am

Reach on Legendary is almost too fucking hard at some points...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 6:40 am

I think Reach is the hardest Halo game, followed by Halo 2, Halo: CE, Halo 3: ODST, and Halo 3.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:03 pm

I think Reach is the hardest as well. I never really had a challenge with the other Halo's
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 1:20 pm

Reach for sure is the hardest. The Brutes are a bit weak, but the Elites.......fucking annoying bastards! And it takes a shit load to bring down a Grunt also. Little fuckers.. Mad
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyMon Sep 20, 2010 10:53 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Have you finished Reach on legendary? It gets damn hard at some points.
Yeah, I've finished it. I think the only trouble I really had was Nightfall and a couple of battles on the last level + that part after you finish the sabre section (oh my god was that a bit** to beat), but everything else it was okay.

In Ce and 2, there was quite a lot of parts that could be problematic (Cairo Station already starts you off in a pretty tough situation and the tank part in AOTCR can be a bit** at times). I could go on, but I felt like CE and 2 offered a bit more challenge than 3, ODST, and Reach. What makes 2 cheap is the snipers and OMG the first boss fight you encouter with the Arbiter is just BS at times.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptyTue Sep 21, 2010 6:25 pm

Elites in Reach are soooo damn hard to beat. Their even harder to kill then a real life online human opponent.
Back to top Go down
DeathByPinja

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 6:44 pm

You've got to be joking. Reach is on of the easiest games I've ever beaten on full difficulty.
While, yeah, Elites were a pain, you still had invincible NPCs to just get pushed out there and kill everybody. I haven't gotten around to doing the last two missions solo Legendary but all the other missions I have. Some parts were hard but they were doable. Halo 1 and 2 were incredibly hard on Legendary. Still haven't bothered to try Halo 3 solo Legendary but I hear it's hard.
Anyway, my point is, Reach Legendary is a cakewalk compared to the others.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:15 pm

DeathByPinja wrote:
You've got to be joking. Reach is on of the easiest games I've ever beaten on full difficulty.
While, yeah, Elites were a pain, you still had invincible NPCs to just get pushed out there and kill everybody. I haven't gotten around to doing the last two missions solo Legendary but all the other missions I have. Some parts were hard but they were doable. Halo 1 and 2 were incredibly hard on Legendary. Still haven't bothered to try Halo 3 solo Legendary but I hear it's hard.
Anyway, my point is, Reach Legendary is a cakewalk compared to the others.

Well then try to do the final mission on legendary because all those brutes at the end are quite hard.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 7:57 pm

Im doing Reach on Legendary....Im only on Mission 2.....and I started the campaign back in September.
Back to top Go down
cigar
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
cigar

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? EmptySat Jan 29, 2011 10:02 pm

Reach was a pain in the ass near the end because of the hunters... but then again those checkpoints were there, so it was just a matter of patience. Had them going around in circles like a Benny Hill skit. Anyone with enough patience can beat the games in Legendary, IMO.

Halo 2 was the hardest for me, though. The flood were a pain in the ass, the covenant were a pain in the ass (near the end of the game, at least), and the original behemoth control didn't make it any easier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?   IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game? Empty

Back to top Go down

IGN Article - The Hardest Halo Game?
Page 1 of 1