This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach Art Direction

Go down 
+6
raspymanic1
Arbiteris
TRF
ghost23
GAYMidnightFenrir
GRUNT317
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

Halo Reach Art Direction  Empty
PostSubject: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 3:21 am

The first thing I noticed when playing Halo Reach was the very artistic menu. The entire time your buying upgrades for your armor and waiting for the map to load your greeted with awesome lush backgrounds. I really like the direction Bungie went in terms of this menu style compared to Halo 3. What are your thoughts on Halo Reach's "concept" art like menus?
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 6:39 am

GRUNT317 wrote:
The first thing I noticed when playing Halo Reach was the very artistic menu. The entire time your buying upgrades for your armor and waiting for the map to load your greeted with awesome lush backgrounds. I really like the direction Bungie went in terms of this menu style compared to Halo 3. What are your thoughts on Halo Reach's "concept" art like menus?

Most games have good looking art. Halo Reach isn't special within its art as much as it's not special on the game itself. It's the exact stuff from the first Halo, except we go BEFORE it all happened. They should have ended it at Halo 3 and not have continued. Bungie is becoming like SEGA with there Sonic games. Sonic was good and then they ruined it by making more and more games. Other than that Halo Reach's art is alright. Nothing special.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 am

Reach does indeed have some amazing artwork. One that immediately comes to mind is the background that was used in the beta where the Elite is about to stick an energy sword into the face of a Spartan, so damn epic.

All the epic vistas of destroyed cities and spacecraft torn seen in the menus are great.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 9:32 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Most games have good looking art. Halo Reach isn't special within its art as much as it's not special on the game itself. It's the exact stuff from the first Halo, except we go BEFORE it all happened. They should have ended it at Halo 3 and not have continued. Bungie is becoming like SEGA with there Sonic games. Sonic was good and then they ruined it by making more and more games. Other than that Halo Reach's art is alright. Nothing special.
Halo NEVER dropped to the quality of Sonic (even ODST was better than Sonic '06).
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:04 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

I honestly couldnt facepalm even more.I can tell your just a big Halo hater that doesnt know shit about Halo in the first place(this post proves it)

Halo has amazing art btw.All Halo's art has been greatly priased.It not your typical gritty FPS with lots of greys and browns
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 10:46 am

I like how Halo 3 was very colorful, but it was a little too colorful. Halo: Reach did a good job of balancing the dark and gritty atmosphere with a wide color palette. I also love the designs of the enemies.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:49 am

the whole game is a work of art
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 11:51 am

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

ya.....lets end a multimillion selling franchise at Halo 3 and call it quits......theres no more story and money to be made.....

Except that the Halo universe spans decades worth of story material (the forunner saga series will tell of events that happened 100 000 years ago).

Not to mention Halo Reach is AAA.......you imply the series is loosing quality.......well you couldnt be more wrong.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:12 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Since you've come here you've only written posts containing comments that are anti-360 or anti-360 games.
For a person who claims to be "neutral" you seem to be very biased against 360.
I think you should think about why you signed up to an Xbox fan forum.

Also, why should it matter to you if a company brings out a lot of games? Even if you don't like them, no one's forcing you to buy them!
Plus I found Sonic Adventure's remake on gamecube absolutely amazing.

Last edited by DemonWolf on Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:13 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Since you've come here you've only written posts containing comments that are anti-360 or anti-360 games.
So if he thinks more than one negative thing about the 360, he's a troll?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:15 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Read all her/his(?) posts. They're all negative towards 360 in one way or another. I'm not banning or assuming they're a troll, I'm just saying, why would you sign up to a site dedicated to Xbox 360 if you are only bashing everything to do with it?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 12:27 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Read all her/his(?) posts. They're all negative towards 360 in one way or another. I'm not banning or assuming they're a troll, I'm just saying, why would you sign up to a site dedicated to Xbox 360 if you are only bashing everything to do with it?
Maybe he just hasn't found a discussion about something he likes about the 360.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 1:43 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Maybe he just hasn't found a discussion about something he likes about the 360.

This is an xbox forum.This new guy sure as hell does not sound anything like an xbox fan,not even close.Im keeping a eye on him

Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 2:03 pm

GeneralMLD wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

ya.....lets end a multimillion selling franchise at Halo 3 and call it quits......theres no more story and money to be made.....

Except that the Halo universe spans decades worth of story material (the forunner saga series will tell of events that happened 100 000 years ago).

Not to mention Halo Reach is AAA.......you imply the series is loosing quality.......well you couldnt be more wrong.

I'm with MLD on this one. I'm sorry but not all games have a very good art direction. The sad thing about Sonic is it died because SEGA didn't know how to make a fun 2D game into 3D. If Halo was losing it's quality it wouldn't have a 92 on Metacritic and there wouldn't be a post like mine talking about it. Hell I'm pretty new here and I can tell you are either a Halo hater or PS3 troll. Either way why comment if you don't like Halo when the question was pointed towards people who enjoy it?
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:06 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

I honestly couldnt facepalm even more.I can tell your just a big Halo hater that doesnt know shit about Halo in the first place(this post proves it)

Halo has amazing art btw.All Halo's art has been greatly priased.It not your typical gritty FPS with lots of greys and browns

Oh yes, you can tell that I'm a halo hater just because I don't agree with you. Whoops my bad there. Also halo IS a TYPICAL FPS.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:24 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Oh yes, you can tell that I'm a halo hater just because I don't agree with you. Whoops my bad there. Also halo IS a TYPICAL FPS.

See why even come on here? You know you don't like it and have nothing but stupid shit to say that adds nothing to the topic at hand. Go to another post and talk about a game you like instead of coming on here and talking shit about Halo just to have people notice you. What did you do? "O look a Halo topic, let me go on here and tell everyone about how much it's lost it's quality and why it's so typical" Are you someone who just likes to start shit? What a joke!
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:28 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

See why even come on here? You know you don't like it and have nothing but stupid shit to say that adds nothing to the topic at hand. Go to another post and talk about a game you like instead of coming on here and talking shit about Halo just to have people notice you. What did you do? "O look a Halo topic, let me go on here and tell everyone about how much it's lost it's quality and why it's so typical" Are you someone who just likes to start shit? What a joke!

Woah bro...Look at yourself right there, you are attacking me for having an opinion, yet your the guy telling me not to go into a topic and start picking fights. If anything you should not even be here right now, I posted my opinion while you are just using such vulgar language to get a point across! You are the one who likes to start "shit bro". Why don't you have a seat over there and calm down before you start raging like a butt hurt child. I also did add to the topic at hand, because the question was on what you thought of the artwork and I responded. Learn to argue there bro. Common courtesy made you look like a dick.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:29 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
How is he talking shit about Halo? He never once said it was a bad game. He just said that it's typical. Just because you place it above other shooters doesn't mean he has to. The gaming media went crazy over Killzone 2, but you know what? I think it's an average shooter at best (from what I've played). I think Call of Duty is average at best. I also think the Halo is not the best shooter out there.

He is adding to the topic at hand. Most people would be able to appreciate an opposing opinion for the sake of debate, but for some reason you don't care for that.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:30 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
What are your thoughts on Halo Reach's "concept" art like menus?
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:36 pm

No, all I was saying is why come on here and say bad things about something. I don't care that he has an opinion. I hate Halo's online but I wouldn't go into a Halo Multiplayer topic that is praising how good it's multiplayer is and say well it's typical multiplayer and is losing it quality. If I wanted to hear bad things about it I would just go to a PS3 forum and write the same thing. He didn't have to say it's bad, he said it's losing it's quality yet it holds a 92 on metacritic and is packed with many features. Learn to argue? Right after you learn what quality is! lol!
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:37 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Yeah but I'm pretty sure you went outside the artwork and started saying things about the entire game right? Right!
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:40 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
No, all I was saying is why come on here and say bad things about something. I don't care that he has an opinion.

GRUNT317 wrote:

Gonna put this quote up again because you obviously don't get what you are trying to say right now. Especially with your sudden change of attitude after two people pointed out two crucial points of what you said. Now you really have nothing to defend yourself with because you blindly just posted something for the sake of attacking me for pointing out something. You say why say bad things? You asked the question, I have my answer on what I thought. Good job there.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:41 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
No, all I was saying is why come on here and say bad things about something. I don't care that he has an opinion. I hate Halo's online but I wouldn't go into a Halo Multiplayer topic that is praising how good it's multiplayer is and say well it's typical multiplayer and is losing it quality. If I wanted to hear bad things about it I would just go to a PS3 forum and write the same thing. He didn't have to say it's bad, he said it's losing it's quality yet it holds a 92 on metacritic and is packed with many features. Learn to argue? Right after you learn what quality is! lol!
If the topic was asking what you thought of the Halo online, then you would have every right to come into the thread and say you hated the online. Maybe once you learn that quality is subjective, then maybe you can learn to accept people's opinions.

FYI, if you're using Metacritic, then Modern Warfare 2 is superior to Reach. I think most people would disagree, but since Metacritic is clearly law, that's what goes.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:42 pm

"it's not special on the game itself. It's the exact stuff from the first Halo, except we go BEFORE it all happened. They should have ended it at Halo 3 and not have continued."

Has nothing to do with art work bro!
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:44 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:

"it's not special on the game itself. It's the exact stuff from the first Halo, except we go BEFORE it all happened. They should have ended it at Halo 3 and not have continued."

Has nothing to do with art work bro!
The last comment was irrelevant, but the rest was on-topic, and besides, that last comment, although irrelevant, was harmless.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Art Direction
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next