This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach Art Direction

Go down 
+6
raspymanic1
Arbiteris
TRF
ghost23
GAYMidnightFenrir
GRUNT317
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:45 pm

No you went from saying something about the art work to attacking the entire game, that's when I had an issue. The topic didn't ask what's the quality of the entire game!
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:46 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:

"it's not special on the game itself. It's the exact stuff from the first Halo, except we go BEFORE it all happened. They should have ended it at Halo 3 and not have continued."

Has nothing to do with art work bro!

I can bring up because the artwork is WITHIN the game. Because what I said was that other FPS's have similar artistic styles. I do have a valid point. I just added my personal thoughts on the franchise itself. You trying to debate me on if I'm a halo hater has nothing to do with the topic at hand either there good sir.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:46 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
No you went from saying something about the art work to attacking the entire game, that's when I had an issue. The topic didn't ask what's the quality of the entire game!
His third comment was completely harmless, calm down. You're getting so worked up over nothing.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:47 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

"it's not special on the game itself. It's the exact stuff from the first Halo, except we go BEFORE it all happened. They should have ended it at Halo 3 and not have continued."

I can bring up because the artwork is WITHIN the game. Because what I said was that other FPS's have similar artistic styles. I do have a valid point. I just added my personal thoughts on the franchise itself. You trying to debate me on if I'm a halo hater has nothing to do with the topic at hand either there good sir.

It is when all I ask for it opinions on the art work and you go off of the into the entire Halo series.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:49 pm

TRF wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
His third comment was completely harmless, calm down. You're getting so worked up over nothing.

Dude how are you in this? I'm not worked up, just sitting here typing lol
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:49 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

It is when all I ask for it opinions on the art work and you go off of the into the entire Halo series.

Don't forget the artwork bro. Why so serious?
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:50 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

What because I respond makes me very serious about it? Why are you so serious?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:52 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

He didn't "go off". All he basically said was that the quality was slipping with every iteration. I happen to disagree with him (I think Reach is a huge step up from Halo 3), but I'm not going to label him a hater or a troll for thinking what he does.

GRUNT317 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Well exclamation points generally represent extra expres​sion(i.e. rage). I had just assumed you sat on your 360 and it red-ringed in your ass and you got all heated up, but I guess not. Razz
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:53 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Me serious? Because this is serious business. You seem pretty mad bro? Why so mad?
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:54 pm

TRF wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

He didn't "go off". All he basically said was that the quality was slipping with every iteration. I happen to disagree with him (I think Reach is a huge step up from Halo 3), but I'm not going to label him a hater or a troll for thinking what he does.

GRUNT317 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Well exclamation points generally represent extra expres​sion(i.e. rage). I had just assumed you sat on your 360 and it red-ringed in your ass and you got all heated up, but I guess not. Razz

Never had a red ring so I wouldn't know what it's like. I never take things on the internet that serious, I just reply to them?
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:55 pm

GRUNT317 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

GRUNT317 wrote:
TRF wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Never had a red ring so I wouldn't know what it's like. I never take things on the internet that serious, I just reply to them?

Yeah, you seem pretty mad right now with all those rage posts. It's okay bro.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:

Me serious? Because this is serious business. You seem pretty mad bro? Why so mad?

Mad no, not able to understand maybe. this has gotten so off topic i really am tired of responding actually
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:56 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
Give him a pat on the back and tell him you forgive him for bring this thread off-topic.
Back to top Go down
GAYMidnightFenrir
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GAYMidnightFenrir

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:58 pm

TRF wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:
Give him a pat on the back and tell him you forgive him for bring this thread off-topic.

I do forgive him for bringing this topic off-topic. It happens when people get SO mad.
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 4:59 pm

TRF wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:

On that note how bout that Halo artwork Laughing
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 22, 2010 5:01 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
TRF wrote:
MidnightFenrir wrote:

I do forgive him for bringing this topic off-topic. It happens when people get SO mad.

I'm very angry, I'm going to go trade in my Xbox because you have made me SO mad lol
Back to top Go down
GRUNT317
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
GRUNT317

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 6:14 pm

Hey, anyone I was fighting with on here I'm sorry. My little brother got on here and started talking crap it appears. The original post was mine but everything after wasn't! So sorry to who ever was in conflict with my account.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptyThu Sep 23, 2010 7:15 pm

MidnightFenrir wrote:
GRUNT317 wrote:
The first thing I noticed when playing Halo Reach was the very artistic menu. The entire time your buying upgrades for your armor and waiting for the map to load your greeted with awesome lush backgrounds. I really like the direction Bungie went in terms of this menu style compared to Halo 3. What are your thoughts on Halo Reach's "concept" art like menus?

Most games have good looking art. Halo Reach isn't special within its art as much as it's not special on the game itself. It's the exact stuff from the first Halo, except we go BEFORE it all happened. They should have ended it at Halo 3 and not have continued. Bungie is becoming like SEGA with there Sonic games. Sonic was good and then they ruined it by making more and more games. Other than that Halo Reach's art is alright. Nothing special.

Halo Reach took 3 years to develop. It's no shovelware or yearly update like the COD/Sonic games are. The art in the menu's is pretty decent actually...In Halo 1-3 they try to make the art look all heroic with Master Chief being a badass. In Reach, the art makes it look as if the fall of Reach is inevitable and all the fighting is just slowing it down.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:22 pm

gawwwd the ghosting is annoying in cutscenes
but the rest is awsome
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach Art Direction    Halo Reach Art Direction  - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach Art Direction
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2