This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... Empty
PostSubject: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....   Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 7:46 am

You may have heard of the band Black Tide. Young musicians. The singer/lead guitarist is my age. I remember seeing them live, they were the first band I'd ever seen! (they opened for Avenged Sevenfold).

They were a kind of metal revival kind of band. And their covers included: Hit The Lights by Metallica and Prowler by Iron Maiden.
This is them: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... Black.Tide

It had been a while since I'd heard them. I listened to them for the first time in like a year, today.
This is what they look like now:
Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... Bg10

This is how they sounded:

This is how they sound now:

If that isn't selling out... what is? XD

But imo the new style is still good. It's just different. But damn look at the vocalist!!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....   Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 9:26 am

Wow, they did change a lot. Still good, though.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....   Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... EmptySat Sep 25, 2010 10:20 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Yeah gone from being a nu-metallica type band to a bullet for my valentine kind of band.

Not necessarily a bad thing. Razz

But those fleshholes Gabriel (the singer) has are horrible!
Back to top Go down
hALoN4t3R52
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....   Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:14 am

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Yeah gone from being a nu-metallica type band to a bullet for my valentine kind of band.

nu-metallica? what the hell is that. There is only metallica, and their always awesome. Never compare them to a nu band. or with that kind of music,
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....   Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 2:07 am

Its like what In Flames did. They sound WAY differant then what the use to sound like.

EXAMPLE

Before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1-vpnfUQ0

Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjSzwFa4QI
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....   Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:20 am

hALoN4t3R52 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

nu-metallica? what the hell is that. There is only metallica, and their always awesome. Never compare them to a nu band. or with that kind of music,

lol I didn't mean nu in that way. I mean nu as in new. (I just wrote nu for short). Because they had a slight metallica style to their playing. They were obviously really inspired by Metallica.

Shin_Akuma wrote:
Its like what In Flames did. They sound WAY differant then what the use to sound like.

EXAMPLE

Before https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gi1-vpnfUQ0

Now https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLjSzwFa4QI

Yeah I know what you mean. But partly the change was due to them wanting to be able to play their music live, the way they sound on the album. (because previously they recorded it with overdubbing (is that what it's called..? I dunno the real word), like with 3 guitar parts. As for the clean vocals...I dunno wtf that's about. :/
And tbh I do still like them. But yes, A Sense Of Purpose is certainly inferior to most of their previous albums. Though in Reroute to Remain you could already see they had that kind of style coming.
This is how I rate their albums:

1 Clayman (one of the greatest albums I've ever listened to in my life)
2. Come Clarity (I know...weird but I really love it)
3.The Jester Race
4.Colony
5.Whoracle
6. A Sense Of Purpose
7.Subterranean (lots of people don't really like it that much but I prefer it to some of their albums)
8.Lunar Strain
9.Soundtrack To Your Escape
10.Reroute To Remain (honestly hated this album... it just doesn't seem like In Flames)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....   Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this.... Empty

Back to top Go down

Selling Out? You don't know about it until you see this....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Non-Gaming :: Movies/TV/Anime/Music/Books-
Jump to: