This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction

Go down 

3 month sales prediction
<2 million
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap0%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
2 million +
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap24%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 24% [ 4 ]
3 million +
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap18%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
4 million +
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap6%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 6% [ 1 ]
5 million +
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap29%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 29% [ 5 ]
6 million +
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap18%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 18% [ 3 ]
7 million +
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap5%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 5% [ 1 ]
8 million +
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_lcap0%Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 17
 

AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 12:41 am

Simple poll, how well do you guys think GT5 will sell in 3 months?

My vote is...3 million +. Reason: Gran Turismo 4 sold significantly less than Gran Turismo 3, and after 5+ years with still no GT5 many fans will have forgotten and moved on. The PS3 userbase is WAY lower than the PS2 user base. The Tie Ratio is more than 3 lower on the PS3 than the PS2. And the final reason, the preorder numbers on VGchartz have been incredible underwhelming with 7 weeks till launch [from sept. 18] and only 181.4 thousand preorders. However it is still a major exclusive from a major franchise and very likely a AAA game so it will still get great sales.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:42 am

I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

Posts : 992
Join date : 2010-02-02
Age : 34
Location : California

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:42 am

It will probably outsell GT5: Prologue.

Did GT5: Prologue do well in sales?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 5:50 am

BlackStigma wrote:
Simple poll, how well do you guys think GT5 will sell in 3 months?

My vote is...3 million +. Reason: Gran Turismo 4 sold significantly less than Gran Turismo 3, and after 5+ years with still no GT5 many fans will have forgotten and moved on. The PS3 userbase is WAY lower than the PS2 user base. The Tie Ratio is more than 3 lower on the PS3 than the PS2. And the final reason, the preorder numbers on VGchartz have been incredible underwhelming with 7 weeks till launch [from sept. 18] and only 181.4 thousand preorders. However it is still a major exclusive from a major franchise and very likely a AAA game so it will still get great sales.

I agree. It's possible it may get high 3 million, almost 4 million but I don't think it will hit the 4million mark, for reasons you gave.
Also ps3 gamers don't buy exclusives Razz lolololol
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:05 am

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
It will probably outsell GT5: Prologue.

Did GT5: Prologue do well in sales?

Almost 4 million.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:18 am

Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 9:19 am

I think 3 to 4 million
Back to top Go down
PureSexySound
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class


Posts : 95
Join date : 2010-09-08

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
The PS3 userbase is WAY lower than the PS2 user base.

That didn't stop GOWIII selling 25% more than its prequels =P
I voted 5 million+, solely because of the sales Prologue.. xD
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:42 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-07-14

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 3:42 pm

my brother and I along with a couple of more friends are buying Ps3s and the racing sets just for this game. we have been hyped up! It's going to be so fun! Cost estimated for each person is about 800-1200 we are all spending each on our rigs. We are die hard fans for GT and we have been waiting for 5 for along time. The game will do great! I just hope they improved alittle on the tunning and customization then before.
Back to top Go down
Lord_Orpheo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Lord_Orpheo

Posts : 72
Join date : 2010-07-30
Age : 37
Location : Tampa, FL, USA

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 4:56 pm

In the first 3 months I'd say at least 2 million. Speaking as a PS3 owner I won't be one of those, though. Always been more into arcade racers than racing sims. I miss Jet Moto. Sad
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 7:56 pm

Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?

Halo? I dunno, I don't live in North America.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:08 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?

Halo? I dunno, I don't live in North America.

Well here in the US, Halo outs Move's ads 5:1
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:15 pm

Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?

Halo? I dunno, I don't live in North America.

Well here in the US, Halo outs Move's ads 5:1

Ok. Well I'm sure Kinect will outmarket GT5 during that time.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 8:24 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?

Halo? I dunno, I don't live in North America.

Well here in the US, Halo outs Move's ads 5:1

Ok. Well I'm sure Kinect will outmarket GT5 during that time.
I doubt it, Sony has done pretty good with games of theirs that have a huge cult following(like GOW3), and also like halo reach will get sales do to people being loyal to the GT brand. I also expect Kinect to fail the first few weeks compared to move because MS is trying to sell the entire 360 instead of a just the camera, and the camera itself is $150, which will turn gamers off more than the $100 starting price of move.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:06 pm

Once it becomes a greatest hits, I can see it selling 6-7 million units. GT has historically been Playstation's best selling franchise, so expect the it outsell Call of Duty and Uncharted 2 eventually. It will be a slow burn seller for the rest of the PS3's life cycle.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:09 pm

Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?

Halo? I dunno, I don't live in North America.

Well here in the US, Halo outs Move's ads 5:1

Ok. Well I'm sure Kinect will outmarket GT5 during that time.
I doubt it, Sony has done pretty good with games of theirs that have a huge cult following(like GOW3), and also like halo reach will get sales do to people being loyal to the GT brand. I also expect Kinect to fail the first few weeks compared to move because MS is trying to sell the entire 360 instead of a just the camera, and the camera itself is $150, which will turn gamers off more than the $100 starting price of move.

If Microsoft can market Kinect in a good way to the target casual audience I can see it succeeding. The problem with the Move was the confusing pricing scheme. I saw advertising campaigns here in Aus where they had to have checkboxes indicating what you needed to buy because it was that confusing. Kinect is a simple to get across to the audience as it requires only one peripheral.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:13 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?

Halo? I dunno, I don't live in North America.

Well here in the US, Halo outs Move's ads 5:1

Ok. Well I'm sure Kinect will outmarket GT5 during that time.
I doubt it, Sony has done pretty good with games of theirs that have a huge cult following(like GOW3), and also like halo reach will get sales do to people being loyal to the GT brand. I also expect Kinect to fail the first few weeks compared to move because MS is trying to sell the entire 360 instead of a just the camera, and the camera itself is $150, which will turn gamers off more than the $100 starting price of move.

If Microsoft can market Kinect in a good way to the target casual audience I can see it succeeding. The problem with the Move was the confusing pricing scheme. I saw advertising campaigns here in Aus where they had to have checkboxes indicating what you needed to buy because it was that confusing. Kinect is a simple to get across to the audience as it requires only one peripheral.
I know Kinect could sucede at some point but I don't think it'll sell that fast at first because most casuals aren't gonna shell out $300+ for it or move when the wii is only $200. At least Move has some hard core games backed up behind it to give it some early sales. But we never know how things will turn out in this economy. Both the 360 and PS3 outsold the wii in every territory last week, I'd never thought I'd say that but I just did.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:22 pm

Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
Eiffel 65 wrote:
I said 6 million due to brand loyalty and the fact that its released near Black Friday meaning Sony(if there smart) could do a boat load of KB ads for it and people would buy it with a PS3 on black friday. Also I've been looking at VG Chartz and quite a few articles say that it'll give the PS3 a big boost this Holiday, and may overshadow kinect (because they're launching on the same week).

I don't think Kinect will matter at all. They are two totally different audiences. The majority of the people who are going to buy GT5 are people who only own a PS3 and the majority of the people who are going to buy Kinect are the casuals.
Yes but the advertising can only be controlled by one of them. Look at Halo and PS Move, which was advertised more?

Halo? I dunno, I don't live in North America.

Well here in the US, Halo outs Move's ads 5:1

Ok. Well I'm sure Kinect will outmarket GT5 during that time.
I doubt it, Sony has done pretty good with games of theirs that have a huge cult following(like GOW3), and also like halo reach will get sales do to people being loyal to the GT brand. I also expect Kinect to fail the first few weeks compared to move because MS is trying to sell the entire 360 instead of a just the camera, and the camera itself is $150, which will turn gamers off more than the $100 starting price of move.

If Microsoft can market Kinect in a good way to the target casual audience I can see it succeeding. The problem with the Move was the confusing pricing scheme. I saw advertising campaigns here in Aus where they had to have checkboxes indicating what you needed to buy because it was that confusing. Kinect is a simple to get across to the audience as it requires only one peripheral.
I know Kinect could sucede at some point but I don't think it'll sell that fast at first because most casuals aren't gonna shell out $300+ for it or move when the wii is only $200. At least Move has some hard core games backed up behind it to give it some early sales. But we never know how things will turn out in this economy. Both the 360 and PS3 outsold the wii in every territory last week, I'd never thought I'd say that but I just did.

I agree with you about Kinect not doing well initially. But like you said, Wii sales are declining and this means that all the casuals already own Wii's. So when they see both the Kinect and Move, the first thing they'll think is that Move is exactly like the Wii so there is no incentive to buy it but at least Kinect is something different. It may take some time for and word of mouth for them to adpot it but I still see Kinect to have a much higher success rate than the Move.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Freemon34'

Posts : 835
Join date : 2010-07-06
Age : 24

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptySun Sep 26, 2010 11:33 pm

ghost23 wrote:

I agree with you about Kinect not doing well initially. But like you said, Wii sales are declining and this means that all the casuals already own Wii's. So when they see both the Kinect and Move, the first thing they'll think is that Move is exactly like the Wii so there is no incentive to buy it but at least Kinect is something different. It may take some time for and word of mouth for them to adpot it but I still see Kinect to have a much higher success rate than the Move.

I think Kinect will sell more consoles, but the Move will sell more individual units.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Posts : 681
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Business!

Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 8:37 pm

Four million.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Sponsored content




Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty
PostSubject: Re: Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction   Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Gran Turismo 5 sales prediction
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Kmart and Big W toy sales
» stockfish 5 prediction
» How long to wait before becoming BL
» Kmart sale - stock on shelves no laybuy until July 1
» Anyone from Perth buying from the Matty Black Friday sale?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: