This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Playstation Move Impressions

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Playstation Move Impressions Empty
PostSubject: Playstation Move Impressions   Playstation Move Impressions EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:01 am

I bought the starter bundle and an extra move controller 3 days ago. I planned on waiting until sometime next year, but Target had a fully stocked display and they recently gave me a credit card so I figured what the hell, might as well get now while they have them.

Set up was a piece of cake. Simply plug in the PSeye to the PS3 via USB and sync the motion controller through the USB charger cord. Despite the controllers awkward look, it feels quite comfortable in your hand. I spent the rest of the night playing the sports champions game that's packed in. Out of the 6 games (Bocce, Archery, Disc Golf, Gladiator Duel, Volley Ball, and Table Tennis) archery was the one I had the most fun with. Using two controllers allows for a pretty impressive amount of accuracy. All the other mini games work well enough, but Bocce? Are you serious? I've never even heard of this before and ya know why? Because it's boring as hell. Where's bowling and golf? Those are IMO the two best things about Wii Sports. If you're going to rip off Nintendo, then at least get the Wii Sports clone right. Sadly, the other demo disc that's packed in didn't offer anything much better.

So I was disappointed with the packed in games (charging $40 for it separately is an outrage btw) so disappointed, I took the extra motion controller back and purchased a navi controller + Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition. Screw the casual shit. I loved Resident Evil 4 on the Wii...so I couldn't think of a better hardcore game to test it out on given my limited selection of compatible games. Thankfully, I'm having a good time with this one. Aiming is precise as ever and very fluid. Once MAG get's it's 2.0 patch here in a couple weeks, I'll be able to try out motion controls on a true next gen FPS. I'm interested to know if it gives me an advantage or disadvantage over players using a dualshock 3.

So in the end, I don't regret buying it. The tech works, now give me the games! In theory, just about any PS3 game could be updated to support Move. Why not update inFamous, Uncharted 2, and Killzone 2

Last edited by Invincible on Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move Impressions   Playstation Move Impressions EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 12:05 am

Yeah the software just isn't there at the moment. Half the launch games have been rated under 50 in metacritic which isn't great at all. I'll consider buying it when its cheaper and there's better games.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move Impressions   Playstation Move Impressions EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 1:40 am

I love my Playstation move. Drunk people plus move= AWESOME!
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move Impressions   Playstation Move Impressions EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 4:50 am

I already own 2 Dual Shock 3 controllers. I don't see any reason to buy more peripherals.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move Impressions   Playstation Move Impressions EmptyMon Sep 27, 2010 6:58 am

ghost23 wrote:
Yeah the software just isn't there at the moment. Half the launch games have been rated under 50 in metacritic which isn't great at all. I'll consider buying it when its cheaper and there's better games.
I feel that way about any platform. I don't buy any new platform until it gets some support. Time Crisis: Razing Storm is looking good. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation Move Impressions   Playstation Move Impressions Empty

Back to top Go down

Playstation Move Impressions
Page 1 of 1