This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]

Go down 
+4
Freemon34'
lightlamp
tahmdick
Stigma
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] Empty
PostSubject: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 1:43 am

Holy crap this game launched under the radar. Saw a lot of hype for this game several months ago. Demo download is 43% done. I'll edit this post and give my thoughts on it when it's done downloading. It's 1.11gigs in size. 48% complete now.

Edit: Fixed the title

Anyways I played the trial of it and it was fucking awesome. I don't have the full game, but here is what I got from the trail version. You are this chick named Kate and you are in an overpopulated world. You live on a city sized water vessel named the Queen of the World, and on the Queen's 10th anniversary the Queen is attacked in an effort to fix the world's over population issue by committing mass genocide until only half a billion humans remain. The terrorists slogan-Save the World, Kill Youself.

The game is a mix of survival-adventure and a platformer. In the trail there weren't any enemies but trying to get to safety while the queen is getting bombed and is flooding. Also, it's one of those platformers where if you walk off an edge you actually fall off and die. Not like Uncharted where Drake will catch onto the ledge and survive. There was a hacking minigame too where you had to match two wavelengths together. There are supposed to be guns and some combat in the full game, but there wasn't in the trial.

The graphics look like an early launch title for the 360-meaning it's graphics are badass for an arcade game. It has really good water effects too. Although there were some times when the framerate dropped a bit, understandable when so much shit is blowing up around you.

It's developed by Dark Energy Digital and published by Microsoft Games Studios. Wiki says that there is a PC and PS3 version planned for a later release. But seeing as it's published by MGS I don't know how a PS3 version would work out. So right now it's an XBLA exclusive.

Last edited by BlackStigma on Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 5:41 am

in the trailer it had great water graphics
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 7:36 am

Sweet! I will go give it a download.
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyThu Sep 30, 2010 11:46 am

I shit my pants in the intro
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 10:59 pm

haha...it's reviews are a quite underwhelming DX

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/hydrophobia
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:15 pm

lol I like seeing the bias in the Xbox magazines. Mags like Edge, 1up, and Eurogamer gave it horrible scores, but Xbox Mags are giving it 8s and 9s lol. I love the bias in solo-console magazines, they're very funny, especially Nintendo Power.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:32 pm

Eiffel65 wrote:
lol I like seeing the bias in the Xbox magazines. Mags like Edge, 1up, and Eurogamer gave it horrible scores, but Xbox Mags are giving it 8s and 9s lol. I love the bias in solo-console magazines, they're very funny, especially Nintendo Power.

I would like to see the metacritic scores of exclusive games without Xbox/Playstation/Nintendo magazines or sites included. I'd bet a lot of the games that get 70's would drop to 50's and 60's lol.
Back to top Go down
Freemon34'
Freemon34'

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptySat Oct 02, 2010 11:54 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Eiffel65 wrote:

I would like to see the metacritic scores of exclusive games without Xbox/Playstation/Nintendo magazines or sites included. I'd bet a lot of the games that get 70's would drop to 50's and 60's lol.
Well most of those mags are run by ppl like generalG. lol

"Africa is one of the best games ever. This EASILY gets a 9.5!!!!!"
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 8:10 pm

Game Flopped.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyMon Oct 04, 2010 10:02 pm

ign said it looks like a xbox 1 game, does it fuck.
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 2:47 am

wow the devs of this game are whiney bitches
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 1:08 am

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:

What did they do?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:22 pm

Eiffel65 wrote:

Yeah!! lol so true. But it's not always the case. 360Gamer(magazine) said Alan Wake was very disappointing. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:02 am

BlackStigma wrote:
haha...it's reviews are a quite underwhelming DX

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/hydrophobia

Yeah...I'm not very trusting of most video game reviewers. Maybe I'd trust them if I was 8 years old again but right now they're ranked below the homeless in my eyes.

I enjoyed the game and I'm planning on buying it along with Limbo and Dishwasher: the dead samurai.

Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 2:27 am

BlackStigma wrote:
☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:

What did they do?
EDIT - woops wrong dev these dev kept phoning destructoid and crying for a better review score and begging for jim sterlings phone number and even left 6 missed calls on his phone saying that you dont understand the game and some other shit
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:20 am

☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
☺☻♥♦♣○◙♂♀◄↕ wrote:

What did they do?
EDIT - woops wrong dev these dev kept phoning destructoid and crying for a better review score and begging for jim sterlings phone number and even left 6 missed calls on his phone saying that you dont understand the game and some other shit

WAT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]   Hydrophobia is out [XBLA] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hydrophobia is out [XBLA]
Page 1 of 1