This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)

Go down 
+9
C_Panda
343_Guilty_Spark
DuDZZ
TheOne
cannibalshinobi
lightlamp
kyrtos123
Master_Chief
J77
13 posters
AuthorMessage
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) Empty
PostSubject: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 6:56 pm

Activision is banking on Modern Warfare 2 to sell a lot of copies. Well, if the recent pre-order stats are correct, Activision could be looking at selling more than 2 million copies on the first day. The game has been pre-ordered on the Xbox 360 1.6 million times, and a little less than 600,000 times for the PS3.

source

http://www.n4g.com/ps3/News-410399.aspx

but its ok ps3 got bbbllllluueeeeeerrrrraaaaaaayyyyyyy. so its ok ps3 fanboys keep buyin blueray movies as we keep buying games. then yall wonder why yall exclusives go mutiplat. developers make money with 360,and compared to 360 developers make pocket change with ps3. lmao
Back to top Go down
Master_Chief
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Master_Chief

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:30 pm

They might as well just make COD a 360 exclusive.
Back to top Go down
kyrtos123

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 7:34 pm

Master_Chief wrote:

They had "might as well" voluntarily miss out on hundreds of millions of dollars?
Back to top Go down
lightlamp
Master Chief Petty Officer
lightlamp

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:30 pm

kyrtos123 wrote:
Master_Chief wrote:

They had "might as well" voluntarily miss out on hundreds of millions of dollars?
still the amount of money there gonna get from the 360 version alone is gonna be tons of $$$$$$$$&££££££££ lol
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
Senior Chief Petty Officer
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 10:58 pm

TheTruthIsHardToSee. wrote:
dirtyj177 wrote:
Activision is banking on Modern Warfare 2 to sell a lot of copies. Well, if the recent pre-order stats are correct, Activision could be looking at selling more than 2 million copies on the first day. The game has been pre-ordered on the Xbox 360 1.6 million times, and a little less than 600,000 times for the PS3.

source

but its ok ps3 got bbbllllluueeeeeerrrrraaaaaaayyyyyyy. so its ok ps3 fanboys keep buyin blueray movies as we keep buying games. then yall wonder why yall exclusives go mutiplat. developers make money with 360,and compared to 360 developers make pocket change with ps3. lmao

How about we'll keep buying blu rays, games for ps3 and games for 360! Eh, Kinda easy don't cha think?

maybe if you guys weren't preoccupied with blu ray movies you might actually buy some games that deserve the money, really, killzone 2 with less that 2 million copies sold is just sad.
Back to top Go down
J77
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:23 pm

CannibalShinobi wrote:
dirtyj177 wrote:

source

How about we'll keep buying blu rays, games for ps3 and games for 360! Eh, Kinda easy don't cha think?

maybe if you guys weren't preoccupied with blu ray movies you might actually buy some games that deserve the money, really, killzone 2 with less that 2 million copies sold is just sad.

This
Back to top Go down
TheOne
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:32 pm

GT5: Prologue - 4 million copies sold
MotorStorm - 3 million copies sold
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 3 million copies sold
Uncharted: Drake's Fortune - 2.5 million copies sold

Please don't tell me PS3 games don't sell. They do. Have any of them outsold Halo 3? No. But that doesn't matter. You're argument that PS3 owners only bought their PS3 for blu-ray movies is false and your vision is clearly clouded by blatant fanboyism. Come back at me with facts and we'll talk.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:39 pm

Quote :

How about I continue to buy the games and movies that I want to play and watch? I buy games that I have interest in, Not just cause it's got all kinds of fuckin' hype.

So yes, I do play alot of games and watch plenty of blu rays with the ps3, That's what it's for of course!

the fact remains that PS3 software unfairly has much lower than deserved sales because sony has a horrible business plan for the PS3.
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 11:53 pm

TheOne wrote:

Please don't tell me PS3 games don't sell. They do. Have any of them outsold Halo 3? No. But that doesn't matter. You're argument that PS3 owners only bought their PS3 for blu-ray movies is false and your vision is clearly clouded by blatant fanboyism. Come back at me with facts and we'll talk.

the fact that halo 3 ODST... a SPIN OFF halo game... out sold killzone 2 your "halo killer" in one day kinda just owned what you're talking about
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:03 am

TheOne wrote:

Halo 3: 10.26 million
Gears of War: 5.91 million
Gears of War 2: 5.26 million
forza 2: 4 million
fable 2: 3.19 million
ODST: 2.82 million
L4D: 2.43 million

it's not that they are not selling, that statement that many of us make is an over exaggeration of the horrible sales that PS3 games have. out of all the games on the xbox360 6 of them have sold over 5 million copies while only 1 single title on the PS3 has been able to do that.
Back to top Go down
TheOne
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:04 am

DuDZZ wrote:
TheOne wrote:

the fact that halo 3 ODST... a SPIN OFF halo game... out sold killzone 2 your "halo killer" in one day kinda just owned what you're talking about
Who touted Killzone 2 as a "halo-killer?" Did I? Did Guerrilla Games? Did Sony? Nope. The media did.

Besides, my point was that some PS3 games do sell well, contrary to what people want to believe.
Back to top Go down
TheOne
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:05 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

it's not that they are not selling, that statement that many of us make is an over exaggeration of the horrible sales that PS3 games have. out of all the games on the xbox360 6 of them have sold over 5 million copies while only 1 single title on the PS3 has been able to do that.
360 has a bigger install base than the PS3. It doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together. My argument wasn't that PS3 games sell better than 360 games (I know that's false). It was just that PS3 games DO sell.
Back to top Go down
DuDZZ
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
DuDZZ

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:06 am

TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

360 has a bigger install base than the PS3. It doesn't take a genius to put 2 and 2 together. My argument wasn't that PS3 games sell better than 360 games (I know that's false). It was just that PS3 games DO sell.

they dont sell like they should... if trey members where all gamers and actually bought / played games it would be a hell of alot higher
Back to top Go down
http://www.kindclan.com
TheOne
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:08 am

DuDZZ wrote:
TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

they dont sell like they should... if trey members where all gamers and actually bought / played games it would be a hell of alot higher
Alright, I'm still not sure why you say trey members instead of PS3 owners, but whatever. You have no statistics to back up your argument that PS3 owners only have PS3s for blu-ray, so there's really no point in bringing it up.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:09 am

TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

the xbox 360 install base world wide is less than 22% before than the PS3's, and even then that is no excuse for not buying a million copies of U2 in the first 24 hours.
Back to top Go down
TheOne
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 12:13 am

CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

the xbox 360 install base world wide is less than 22% before than the PS3's, and even then that is no excuse for not buying a million copies of U2 in the first 24 hours.
Early numbers indicate Uncharted 2 has already sold 1 million copies.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 1:45 am

TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Early numbers indicate Uncharted 2 has already sold 1 million copies.

"Following our previous report of around 300,000 units sold on day one, the latest VGChartz preliminary data is now in and shows that the final tally for the week was around 440,000 units - the third largest PS3 week one ever in the Americas."
-vgchartz.com

Notice the day one versus the final tally for the week?

The US is the best market for Uncharted 2 and it couldn't sell half a mil on opening day. ODST had over a million preorders and sold over 2 mil in one day.

Everyone knows that if Uncharted 2 was an Xbox exclusive it would have sold like rubbers in fleet week. Uncharted 2's sales are only impressive as PS3 games are concerned. It's no newer an IP than Gears of War yet Gears out performs it by miles. Xbox 360 fans support their exclusives. I guess PS3 fanboys are the only ones buying, the rest of the PS3 owners traded their controllers in for remotes a long time ago.

You obviously have no legitimate business here. Go back to some Sony website and talk up your console of choice there. We made this forum because we are tired of arguing with people like you who seem to be incapable of letting anyone enjoy themselves unless it's with a Sony product.

Consider your 1 day ban a warning. Take the time to reevaluate why you registered here. Keep posting the same Sony talking points and you'll get a much more permanent vacation from this place.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
C_Panda
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyMon Oct 19, 2009 2:37 pm

3rd parties shouldn't even bother with ps3 at all.
Back to top Go down
fanboyslulz

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 4:59 pm

lol! @ the "PS3 lost" posts. I don't see how the PS3 "lost" since it's still getting the game on the console, right. As for the pre-order stats, well hmmm if Sony threw a bunch of money to IW to get certain maps as "exclusive maps for X amount of time" and to make a console bundle with the game then I'm sure the stats would be a bit different. In the end both systems are getting the same game, no one loses.

343_Guilty_Spark wrote:
"Following our previous report of around 300,000 units sold on day one, the latest VGChartz preliminary data is now in and shows that the final tally for the week was around 440,000 units - the third largest PS3 week one ever in the Americas."
-vgchartz.com
Great job using vgchartz as your source. Rolling Eyes But anyway, the fact that U2 has sold this much within it's first week is still very impressive considering the first game only sold about 150k it's first week. Even then it doesn't matter if the game sells 1mil in it's first day/week/month/year. Reaching millions of sales is impressive.
Back to top Go down
cannibalshinobi
cannibalshinobi

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 11:42 pm

fanboyslulz wrote:

Great job using vgchartz as your source. Rolling Eyes But anyway, the fact that U2 has sold this much within it's first week is still very impressive considering the first game only sold about 150k it's first week. Even then it doesn't matter if the game sells 1mil in it's first day/week/month/year. Reaching millions of sales is impressive.

if GTA4 can sell over 5 million copies on the PS3 then there is absolutely no reason for U2 not to sell at least 1 million in the first week.

on the xbox 360 selling one million copies isn't that hard.

the PS3 only has 37 games ever reach the mark of 1 million copies sold while the xbox 360 has 71 games that have toppled over that mark.
Back to top Go down
NoXiousBLD
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
NoXiousBLD

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 9:09 am

TheOne wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:
TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Alright, I'm still not sure why you say trey members instead of PS3 owners, but whatever. You have no statistics to back up your argument that PS3 owners only have PS3s for blu-ray, so there's really no point in bringing it up.

Oh REALLY?

http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=3561

Owned much?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/NoXiousBLD
C_Panda

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 12:13 pm

NoXiousBLD wrote:
TheOne wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:
TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Oh REALLY?

Owned much?

Oh wow. Well played.
Back to top Go down
raspymanic1
raspymanic1

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 2:11 pm

C_Panda wrote:
NoXiousBLD wrote:
TheOne wrote:
DuDZZ wrote:
TheOne wrote:
CannibalShinobi wrote:
TheOne wrote:

Oh REALLY?

Owned much?

Oh wow. Well played.

lol!
Back to top Go down
Zombl337
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) EmptyThu Oct 22, 2009 8:20 pm

Wow COD:MW2 is going to have a MASSIVE Day One sale!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)   Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again) Empty

Back to top Go down

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Pre-Sale Surpasses 1.6 Million (ps3 lost again)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: