This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rants About Developers : Rare

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Rants About Developers : Rare Empty
PostSubject: Rants About Developers : Rare   Rants About Developers : Rare EmptyTue Oct 05, 2010 10:20 pm

Rare.....such a great company back in the day. Battletoads was a hard bitch, the DK games were awesome, Goldeneye 007 was the best shooter available only on consoles, Banjo Kazooie was amazing for its time, Killer Instinct was an ULTRA sucess in the arcades and at home, and Conker was the shit! Man, great games.

Now lets go to 2002. Rare was purchased by Microsoft. Their first game I think was Grabbed by the Ghoulies. A good game but not great. They remade Conker. It was ok but there was alot of changes from the N64 version. Now came the 360 era. They made Kameo. It was ok. Then they made Perfect Dark Zero. It was average. What happened? Then they made Viva Pinata. Awesome game but its not a classic. It had a sequel and a party game.
Now this is the bad part. The next game in the Banjo Kazooie franchise is......a car/flight simulator or something like that? ????????? Why? Why no platforming? We need a game like that.
Now, was there a new Killer Instinct game after Gold (1996)? NO! That game kicked ass with all of the combos and that. But Microsoft doesnt want that game to be published. Rare WANTS to make the sequel and port KI to XBLA.
Conker.....best game on the N64 IMO. Such an awesome game. All the swearing, pissing, the shit monster.....that was awesome! Why no sequel? It got a 9.9 by IGN!!! Damn. And why censoring the Xbox version? Seriously Microsoft?
Battletoads......why no new game? Its been like 13 or more years since the last game was released. A port of the NES Battletoads will be awesome.....with online. IDK if Rare still owns the franchise.

I need Rare to come back to its roots. They were sooo boss. Best dev of the 1990s IMO.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Rants About Developers : Rare   Rants About Developers : Rare EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 5:01 am

Rants About Developers : Rare 17768_killer_instinct_3
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Rants About Developers : Rare   Rants About Developers : Rare EmptyWed Oct 06, 2010 6:59 am

From what I understand, most of the old Rare developers left when MS bought them.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Rants About Developers : Rare   Rants About Developers : Rare EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Quote :
The next game in the Banjo Kazooie franchise is......a car/flight simulator or something like that? ????????? Why? Why no platforming? We need a game like that.
Dude, it's part racing type of game, part platforming. It's both. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Rants About Developers : Rare   Rants About Developers : Rare EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:49 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Quote :
The next game in the Banjo Kazooie franchise is......a car/flight simulator or something like that? ????????? Why? Why no platforming? We need a game like that.
Dude, it's part racing type of game, part platforming. It's both. Wink
But not the platforming that we all love....
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Rants About Developers : Rare   Rants About Developers : Rare EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:47 pm

I agree man. I hope Rare come back. I'm probably one of the very few PD fans that enjoyed PDZ. I will be very happy if they made a conker sequel. That game needs a sequel.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rants About Developers : Rare   Rants About Developers : Rare Empty

Back to top Go down

Rants About Developers : Rare
Page 1 of 1