This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Xbox Live Features!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

New Xbox Live Features!!! Empty
PostSubject: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 4:32 pm

These are just the ones you didn't know about (so not ESPN and all those, the less obvious ones!!!)
Quote :

You can expect a new Xbox Live experience, right before Kinect's November 4th launch. Microsoft has already gone public with the ESPN and Zune features, and now it wants to fill you in on eight additional changes that should make the experience even more enjoyable. Here's what you can expect.

1. Improved voice quality: the audio codec is being updated to improve Xbox LIVE Party chat audio quality. So grab your friends and jump into a multiplayer game, catch a big sports event, watch a movie or do all three.

2. Improved experience for changing your Gamertag: choosing a new Gamertag? If the Gamertag you’re looking for is already taken, your Avatar will spin a wheel and we will provide five other Gamertag suggestions at a time for you to choose from.

3. Streamlined in-dashboard virtual keyboard: we’ve taken the existing QWERTY keyboard in-dash and made it easier to use for scenarios that involve repeated text entry, for example when signing up for LIVE within the dashboard.

4. Improved Xbox LIVE Marketplace UI and browse experience: the Games Marketplace has been re-organized to provide streamlined access to the games and content you want, reducing the number of steps it takes to get to a download.

5. Avatar changes: we’ve made your Avatars slightly more proportional so you can better play Kinect games

6. Easier to get on a wireless network: trying to connect to a wireless network? With the next update, you’ll see a list of all the wireless networks within range when you go into network settings. From there, you’ll be able to select a new network or further configure the network you’re connected to.

7. Ability to sign-out other controllers in the sign-in UI: we’re adding the ability to sign-out profiles on other controllers in the sign-in UI within the Guide. This is especially useful when playing games like Rock Band.

8. New browse experience for 100% completed games: you spent a lot of time and effort earning those Achievements, so instead of only being able to view your first dozen completed games, we’re giving you a new and better way to browse all of them.

It seems microsoft's doing a pretty good job. They've addressed some issues that needed sorting out and added even more useful stuff, even more reasons why it's superior to psn too XD

http://www.rundlc.com/news/microsofts-new-xbox-live-update-eight-things-you-may-not-know-xbox-live/
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:02 pm

Nice changes to make the XBOX Live experience more enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptyFri Oct 08, 2010 10:05 pm

They don't seem like much but these small changes do add up.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 11:42 am

THIS is Microsoft's justification for a $10 price boost? How lame.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 12:21 pm

TRF wrote:

Exactly. These small updates are good, but no where near enough for a $10 price raise.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 1:45 pm

TRF wrote:

What justifications? They just want more money. It's not like you have to pay 60 for a year though. I bought a year for 30 bucks.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 2:20 pm

wait its goin up in price? laaaaame. i mean comon, "your avatar spins and gives 5 more suggestions"
great i would rather play the damn wii
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptySat Oct 09, 2010 6:30 pm

TRF wrote:
Reread the article. It says "ADDITIONAL" changes. These aren't all the changes, these are the changes that you may overlook.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptySun Oct 10, 2010 9:48 pm

TRF wrote:

No. It's been justified.

Live's been the same price since the Xbox 1 days when it had no features. Now it has enough to go up to 60 bucks.

Besides that, alot of people have taken advantage of the fact that there have been 30/40 dollar Gold subs off the dashboard.

That makes it justified for me. Hell I'm packed for the next 2 and a half years. (My current sub ends next march, I bought a Live sub for 30 bucks, and will buy another one after that one ends for 60....90 bucks for 2 years is not half bad).
Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 1:10 am

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

No. It's been justified.

Live's been the same price since the Xbox 1 days when it had no features. Now it has enough to go up to 60 bucks.

Besides that, alot of people have taken advantage of the fact that there have been 30/40 dollar Gold subs off the dashboard.

That makes it justified for me. Hell I'm packed for the next 2 and a half years. (My current sub ends next march, I bought a Live sub for 30 bucks, and will buy another one after that one ends for 60....90 bucks for 2 years is not half bad).

Yea screw the people that do not have a 360 with live and are looking into purchasing one.
all m$ did was improve some features that NEEDED to be improved.(some didn't have to be)
Even with these new features the increased price is not justified.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 5:21 pm

zinc wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

No. It's been justified.

Yea screw the people that do not have a 360 with live and are looking into purchasing one.
all m$ did was improve some features that NEEDED to be improved.(some didn't have to be)
Even with these new features the increased price is not justified.

Reading your reply made me come to the conclusion that you didn't bother to read my comment and or that you have the worst reading skills ever.

Over the years, the features that been added were definantely not necessary fixes. I don't consider XBL party chat or the NXE "necessary fixes".

Besides that, there are plenty of reasons why the Gold sub might have gone up. Maybe the new services they have added to XBL require MS to pay the companies that provide it. Or maybe it's because Microsoft is finally adding dedicated servers to their published games. Considering Gears 3 is now using dedicated servers (which honestly was really suprising), whose to say a future Halo game or another 1st party multiplayer title won't be using those servers?

But seriously, the price use to be $4.17 month, now it's $5 a month. It's definantely not a huge price raise, and you can still take advantage of the $30/$40 gold sub deals off the dash.

Back to top Go down
zinc
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
zinc

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 11:41 pm

All of these are maybes......
wow dedicated servers to their own published games!!!! FINALLY$$$
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Xbox Live Features!!!   New Xbox Live Features!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

New Xbox Live Features!!!
Page 1 of 1