This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 6:58 pm

I noticed that a lot of people, not just on this forum but anyone, buy the newest games as soon as they're available and if they see a game that they probably would like, if it's just a few years old then they refuse to play it. I don't know why, but it's stupid.
It's reasons like this why online communities of your favourite games eventually die out and you never knew that one of your favourite games is in fact a sequel (how many of you players of Red Dead Redemption ever played Red Dead Revolver..? Show of hands? Oh, just me then?)
And I think this is bad! For gamers of a system that has it's great reputation due to it's insanely decent online service and huge games library, for it's gamers not to take advantage of that fact is ridiculous!!
Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Shame-on-you
And a lot of people let ratings tell them whether the game is good or not. This is stupid too!! I recently picked up Shadowrun for just £3 and it's my favourite online game so far! A while back I picked up Frontlines, and had a blast with it's online, kept running for the planes and flying around, landing in the enemies base and shooting the guys up!

SOme of these games (Shadowrun, The Darkness, Frontlines: Fuel Of War) still have an online community. A small but commited online community. And these games haven't aged much.

So that's why I'm announcing the Xbox Republic Buy A Cheap Game Day! Very Happy Cheezy I know, but I think we should show respect to these game developers, have fun with the campaign, with the online and have another game in your library.

If you're a true gamer, you'll do this.

So what day shall we have BACGD? I really think we should do this >:[
I want this to be viral!! (on the republic at least lol)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:13 pm

I'm not buying any old games now. Reason being is because I know I'll stop playing them to play Fallout New Vegas and Fable III and then I probably won't go back to them. But I think I will once I get and beat those 2 games.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 7:15 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
I'm not buying any old games now. Reason being is because I know I'll stop playing them to play Fallout New Vegas and Fable III and then I probably won't go back to them. But I think I will once I get and beat those 2 games.
I feel the same way. I picked up Warhawk like a month ago, played it twice, and haven't touched it since. Good game, but I've not been motivated to pick it up and play it again.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:06 pm

Just bought Fallout 3 Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 8:18 pm

I bought Armored Core 4 and I didnt touch it again.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyMon Oct 11, 2010 9:30 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
I'm not buying any old games now. Reason being is because I know I'll stop playing them to play Fallout New Vegas and Fable III and then I probably won't go back to them. But I think I will once I get and beat those 2 games.
I feel the same way. I picked up Warhawk like a month ago, played it twice, and haven't touched it since. Good game, but I've not been motivated to pick it up and play it again.

I play Marathon once every few months. Razz


Spoiler:
 

Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:34 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
I'm not buying any old games now. Reason being is because I know I'll stop playing them to play Fallout New Vegas and Fable III and then I probably won't go back to them. But I think I will once I get and beat those 2 games.

Aw come on...
I bought loads of games at once including Alan Wake & Mass Effect 2 yet I've still been playing old games like ShadowRun and The Darkness before completing them.

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Just bought Fallout 3 Very Happy

lol not bad. I meant older but nvm XD

NoelX2 wrote:
I bought Armored Core 4 and I didnt touch it again.

Very Happy um um um um

tbh I can't blame you XD

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
I'm not buying any old games now. Reason being is because I know I'll stop playing them to play Fallout New Vegas and Fable III and then I probably won't go back to them. But I think I will once I get and beat those 2 games.
I feel the same way. I picked up Warhawk like a month ago, played it twice, and haven't touched it since. Good game, but I've not been motivated to pick it up and play it again.

I play Marathon once every few months. Razz


Spoiler:
 


Fair enough Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 12:46 pm

I play all my games all the time.Usually ive been stuck to xbox games for the past while but im starting to get back into nintendo games(for my wii and gamecube).I recently beat Super Mario Sunshine.What a great game!

Ive been playing lots of sci fi's lately too but once I get tired of playing fps and sci fi's ill be probally playing luigi's mansion
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

Posts : 170
Join date : 2010-09-29
Age : 40

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 1:52 pm

my friend wants to buy a ps2 just to play nightfire lol he says its the best game ever
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Posts : 1984
Join date : 2010-01-12
Age : 25
Location : Amagakure

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 3:13 pm

i played my ps2 recently and i had a lot of fun..i really dont mind if the game is old or not,its about if im going to have fun or not,i can play pong now and still have fun LOL!!
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:21 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Just bought Fallout 3 Very Happy

lol not bad. I meant older but nvm XD

Lol thats old....er....lol. I was gonna pick up Timeshift soon cause it looked good and I got like 5 bucks to waste.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 4:43 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Just bought Fallout 3 Very Happy

lol not bad. I meant older but nvm XD

Lol thats old....er....lol. I was gonna pick up Timeshift soon cause it looked good and I got like 5 bucks to waste.

timeshift is good.The gameplay is very good.Story not the best but nontheless its a very underated game
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 7:46 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Just bought Fallout 3 Very Happy

lol not bad. I meant older but nvm XD

Lol thats old....er....lol. I was gonna pick up Timeshift soon cause it looked good and I got like 5 bucks to waste.

timeshift is good.The gameplay is very good.Story not the best but nontheless its a very underated game

Sweet, Ive only heard good things, and if its so cheap then why not buy it?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Just bought Fallout 3 Very Happy

lol not bad. I meant older but nvm XD

Lol thats old....er....lol. I was gonna pick up Timeshift soon cause it looked good and I got like 5 bucks to waste.

timeshift is good.The gameplay is very good.Story not the best but nontheless its a very underated game

Sweet, Ive only heard good things, and if its so cheap then why not buy it?

Do it. It's amazing. One of my favourite fps's this gen. If only I didn't buy it pre-owned... the disk is badly scratched so I can't finish the single player Sad

But the multiplayer's soo damn good!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 596
Join date : 2010-07-27

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 6:11 pm

Well, I re bought Jak 3. It was very fun Smile
Back to top Go down
matrixrory
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 921
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 29
Location : UK

Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:46 am

i just got oddworld abe's oddysee through the post today for £5
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/matrixrory
Sponsored content




Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!   Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!! Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Official: Buy A Cheap Game Day!!
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» This game sure can be adamant about wanting players to take certain weapons
» Luck O' the Bearish Instant Win Game
» The wish game
» Outcry. The shimmering game
» What Would You Like In A New Tex Murphy Game?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Announcements-
Jump to: