This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD

Go down 
+5
TRF
DemonWolf
Pickles
Alan1994
Invincible
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD Empty
PostSubject: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:07 pm

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/112/1127374p1.html

NPD Group, the organization responsible for tracking and reporting console and game sales numbers, announced today that it will no longer be giving this information out publicly as of October 14th. People who pay for a subscription (which is costly) will still receive these numbers, but the information will no longer be available or publishable to non-subscribers.

Console sales will simply be reported in terms of how much cash they generated in total, and will not be divided by platform any longer. The top-selling games will still be ranked from one to ten, but the actual sales numbers will no longer be given out.

What this means for gamers is that the only way we're going to know how sales of a particular game or console are going is from the publishers themselves. What do you guys think, will you trust numbers if they're not coming from a third party?

Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:13 pm

Damn, I'm sure some subscriber would leak us those numbers.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyTue Oct 12, 2010 10:23 pm

Does this mean gamers can go back to acting like gamers instead of stock brokers? Back in the day you would talk to your friends about which games had the best graphics...not about what's selling the most. Sleep
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 12:28 am

Invincible wrote:
Does this mean gamers can go back to acting like gamers instead of stock brokers? Back in the day you would talk to your friends about which games had the best gameplay/story...not about what's selling the most. Sleep

fix'd
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:32 am

Pickles wrote:
Invincible wrote:
Does this mean gamers can go back to acting like gamers instead of stock brokers? Back in the day you would talk to your friends about which games had the best gameplay/story...not about what's selling the most. Sleep

fix'd

Obviously you would talk about the gameplay, but most games didn't have much of a story when I was growing up. It was all about the graphics and the violence back in those days. I remember when Mortal Kombat was the talk of the school yard for months. Everyone was swapping fatality codes. Nobody was talking about sales.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 8:53 am

lol every single ps3 fanboy in the world just cheered. "yay! We're not going to get owned anymore! the 360 fanboys cant find out the sales lolololol"
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 11:38 am

DemonWolf wrote:
lol every single ps3 fanboy in the world just cheered. "yay! We're not going to get owned anymore! the 360 fanboys cant find out the sales lolololol"
I'm cheering, "Yay! Now I won't have to hear pointless arguments that prove absolutely nothing in terms of quality!" The sales argument always annoyed me to death.
Back to top Go down
tahmdick
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tahmdick

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 1:32 pm

finally people will quit rambling about sales which have nothing to do with game quality!
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:03 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
I'm cheering, "Yay! Now I won't have to hear pointless arguments that prove absolutely nothing in terms of quality!" The sales argument always annoyed me to death.
Same. The very people who THINK sales numbers owns someone, actually own themselves. I told MLD last June, each month you don't make a "360 beats PS3 in NPD" you're basically just relaying that the PS3 beat it; after that you'll realize that bragging about NPD numbers is useless. How many NPD videos has he done since last June? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyWed Oct 13, 2010 5:23 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
Damn, I'm sure some subscriber would leak us those numbers.
Exactly. Some companies are just beyond stupid. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Doominator99
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyThu Oct 14, 2010 8:55 am

YES NO MORE SALES NERDS!!!! unless they are sad enough to pay the fee
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 1:01 am

Jamin wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Same. The very people who THINK sales numbers owns someone, actually own themselves. I told MLD last June, each month you don't make a "360 beats PS3 in NPD" you're basically just relaying that the PS3 beat it; after that you'll realize that bragging about NPD numbers is useless. How many NPD videos has he done since last June? Laughing

Someone should take off the emoticon feature.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD   No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD Empty

Back to top Go down

No More Monthly Sales Numbers from NPD
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: