This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Halo Reach review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptyFri Oct 15, 2010 11:47 pm

Even though I know you don't give a shit all my reviews no longer have review scores since I don't like to rate games with a score, that is just me though. I also added where to get the game online.

Story
"Spartans never die, they're just missing in action."
-In-game level description

The story of Reach is a prequel to the Halo Trilogy and casts you as Spartan B312 (Noble 6). You are part of noble team, replacing a lost member (Thom) as you fight the covenant and assist the UNSC to try and defeat the covenant. Now, if you know about the Halo lore to some degree you know that Reach is a place where a lot of stuff went wrong and that is was a huge battle, and that the UNSC lost. From the beginning cutscene you are shown what happens to you, and then time rewinds to the battle's beginning. It is at this time that you meet noble team. From there you must help UNSC forces try and defend Reach, and with each level it is pretty evident that things are falling apart for you and the UNSC defense forces there. But as you probably all know, Reach inevitably falls and you obviously die (before you go about thinking I just spoiled the game, I didn't, that is shown to you right at the beginning).

Guess how well your efforts did Very Happy
Halo Reach review Reach_glassed

Gameplay
"You might need this, it will take the hat off an elite at over 2000 yards."
-Jun

The gameplay has a lot of variety. First off, your appearance is extremely customizable from your helmet to your knee guards to everything in-between, and even has armor effects (like having the grunt birthday effect when you die for example). Your appearance is the same in every mode (unless your preferred species is an elite in which case your appearance changes depending on the mode). The modes are:

1-Campaign-The story
2-Firefight-Play against swarms of covenant until you run out of lives, and with/against your friends
3-Matchmaking-Xbox Live for online multiplayer for every mode (campaign coming soon)
4-Forge-Map editor
5-Theater-Re-watch old matches/games you played

The HUD
Halo Reach review 1INSURGENTWINTERCONTIGENCY

Graphics

The graphics have improved...I don't really care enough to comment...

Music

Same halo theme, what else should I say?

Great Game.

Where to get it. (if you want to have a different location, tell me the site's url)
United States-http://www.amazon.com/Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSA20M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287200261&sr=8-1
United Kingdom-http://www.amazon.co.uk/Microsoft-Halo-Reach-Xbox-360/dp/B002BSH9JY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1287200455&sr=8-1
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:30 am

fastest and shortest review, ive ever read in my life.
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:15 am

ZeInFormer wrote:
fastest and shortest review, ive ever read in my life.

I have seen shorter, at least I remember seeing shorter.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:59 pm

Wow.... that was short.... lol

Maybe make it longer? Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 3:56 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

Would you be so kind as to delete this thread then?
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:23 pm

Nah this is a good enough review.

If I was to do a review of reach, id probally put in one sentence "reach is GOTY and the best game ever!!!" the end....
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:25 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Why don't you just edit it and make it longer?
Back to top Go down
ghost23

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 5:44 pm

How is the music the same Halo theme? It's a completely new original soundtrack and the original theme is only referenced a few times during the game and you have to pay attention to hear it.
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 6:06 pm

ghost23 wrote:
How is the music the same Halo theme? It's a completely new original soundtrack and the original theme is only referenced a few times during the game and you have to pay attention to hear it.

I was not trying to imply it was the same music, I was trying to say that if you heard it, you would recognize it as a halo song.

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Mon Oct 18, 2010 4:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 8:10 am

Short, sweet, and to the point. I like it. Nice review.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:21 am

ghost23 wrote:

He probably means the same standards as previous Halo games.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 5:22 am

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

No, I like it. It's a great review, a good summary of the game. I was just saying, it's a bit short. lol
Back to top Go down

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 3:13 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

No, I like it. It's a great review, a good summary of the game. I was just saying, it's a bit short. lol

Good thing you didn't, I forgot to tell you not to Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Halo Reach review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Halo Reach review   Halo Reach review Empty

Back to top Go down

Halo Reach review
Page 1 of 1