This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out

Go down 
+6
DemonWolf
Alan1994
TRF
Teckno
Stigma
GeneralMLD
10 posters
AuthorMessage
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out Empty
PostSubject: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:27 am

Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out Alan10

Same price: $299
Released in: Canada and Europe. Good.......but this had better get a American release to maximize impact. If this doesnt come to America then there will be a similar bundle.

Now as a educated man in advertising, let me break down the sheer genius of this bundle.

1. Its the 299 360, the same price as the main ps3 console at 299. For those who compare the 299 to the 299, the two bundled games will in many cases be the decider. One has 2 games, one has zero.

2. Alan Wake is downloadable, it isnt the game box. This basically means that if you want the full game you have to get LIVE silver or gold. This will at the very least get a better LIVE/console sales ratio. Those that upgrade to gold off the bat is only a nice addition.

3. Forza 3 sales boost. Free or not, a sale is when a product is transfered between the store to a customer. This will do well to boost sales up from what it is now, making the eventual release of GT5 more difficult to outsell Forza 3 (at least initially). Its all politics here.......MS has seen two AAA forza games release before one full GT game has released, the idea is to ensure that even when the game does come out, that its sales won't topple the latest Forza sales. Gran Turismo as a series still has brand recognition, making it harder for a late comer like Forza to compete for the minds of simulator fans. This bundling will do well to slowly but surely tell people that there is another sim competitor out there, and has been around much since the last GT release in 2005. This bundle has more relevance due to the GT5 delay into december. Whether GT5 launches in december or if its even pushed back into january, pissed off gamers might just see this bundle and go "what the hell, lets see what Forza is all about".

In the end, its all about the perception of value. MS is giving customers two high quality games at no cost to the consumer. Its win win.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 1:43 am

My god that is beast, kinda a shame that Alan Wake is downloadable and not a physical copy.

Do you have a link for that btw?
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 2:50 am

BlackStigma wrote:
My god that is beast, kinda a shame that Alan Wake is downloadable and not a physical copy.

Do you have a link for that btw?

google it, it is on at least half a dozen sites.

i found this on kotaku.com
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 10:54 am

This is definitely a dream bundle for the non shooter Xbox buyers.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:42 am

Wow, that's fantastic.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 11:52 am

If I didn't already own an Xbox 360, a copy of Forza 3, and a copy of Alan Wake I would be all over this. Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:07 pm

This is brilliant!
I agree with all the stuff you said mld but also,
Alan Wake is awesome. It needed more sales and now more people will actually get to play it.
Also, those games are two of the best looking games on 360. The graphics whores are going to love this XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:10 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Initially I thought that too, but actually, as Mld said, it's a good idea! It will get more people connected to Xbox Live and therefore more online gamers.

On top of that, I read today that Microsoft are launching Xbox Live in 9 more countries!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySat Oct 16, 2010 12:43 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Initially I thought that too, but actually, as Mld said, it's a good idea! It will get more people connected to Xbox Live and therefore more online gamers.

On top of that, I read today that Microsoft are launching Xbox Live in 9 more countries!
yeah but they are going to launch them at november 10th this year..
damn right after black ops comes out..
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptySun Oct 17, 2010 12:38 pm

They're still selling the Forza 3/ODST Elite bundle here in the states for $250. I saw one at Target the other day.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
GeneralMLD

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:22 am

Invincible wrote:
They're still selling the Forza 3/ODST Elite bundle here in the states for $250. I saw one at Target the other day.

guess theres still some of those e3 360 discounted models still lying around.

holidays will do well to clean those out
Back to top Go down
Blackou7
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Blackou7

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:37 am

What a steal. I beat Alan Wake once and sold it. Man do I ever want to play through that game a few more times. Not really into racing sims, but Ive had the itch to buy Forza 3, but I just couldnt find the right price.
Back to top Go down
DarkSwarm85
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
DarkSwarm85

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 4:55 am

How will Nintendo counter this?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out EmptyMon Oct 18, 2010 12:55 pm

DarkSwarm85 wrote:
How will Nintendo counter this?

"Oh um uh...we have a wii bundle with like....erm.... you get ... super mario!!! " Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out   Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out Empty

Back to top Go down

Forza 3/Alan Wake Bundle Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: 360 vs PS3-
Jump to: