This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Onlive pretty bad ass!!!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

Onlive pretty bad ass!!! Empty
PostSubject: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyTue Oct 19, 2010 10:06 pm

http://www.onlive.com/service

tried it and it blew me away. freaken awesome!

Have this and steam but i'll buy my games on steam because my laptop is really high end.

My desktop is a year old so might get games with this. try the trail and tell me what you think!!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:35 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
http://www.onlive.com/service

tried it and it blew me away. freaken awesome!

Have this and steam but i'll buy my games on steam because my laptop is really high end.

My desktop is a year old so might get games with this. try the trail and tell me what you think!!!

Can you list the pros and cons please? You are the only one I know who has used it.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 pm

Exactly what does OnLive do? And what is Cloud Gaming?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:39 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
OnLive, if I recall correctly, lets you wirelessly access an OnLive gaming PC and play games. Video of the game will be streamed to your computer. It's basically subscription-based remote access to a gaming PC.

Cloud gaming I think is where your saves are saved to a database, not a physical hard drive.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:45 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
OnLive, if I recall correctly, lets you wirelessly access an OnLive gaming PC and play games. Video of the game will be streamed to your computer. It's basically subscription-based remote access to a gaming PC.

Cloud gaming I think is where your saves are saved to a database, not a physical hard drive.

So does that mean I could play games using OnLive that I normally couldn't run on my PC?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:48 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

So does that mean I could play games using OnLive that I normally couldn't run on a PC?
Yeah, that's basically the entire selling point of the service. You have to buy this little receiver box. You also have to buy the games individually. On top of that, you have to pay a monthly fee to use the service. I don't think you can use mods. It can be quite expensive and doesn't give you all of the freedoms that buying a gaming PC would give you, but it's an alright alternative.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyWed Oct 20, 2010 7:54 pm

TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TRF wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

So does that mean I could play games using OnLive that I normally couldn't run on a PC?
Yeah, that's basically the entire selling point of the service. You have to buy this little receiver box. You also have to buy the games individually. On top of that, you have to pay a monthly fee to use the service. I don't think you can use mods. It can be quite expensive and doesn't give you all of the freedoms that buying a gaming PC would give you, but it's an alright alternative.

How much does the console thing cost?

Never mind, that's just to play on your TV, you don't have to have it.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:15 pm

OnLive is fantastic. I got a year's subscription for FREE, but later they made it to where THERE IS NO SUBSCRIPTION FEE! So all you have to do is purchase the games. They have Mass Effect 2, Splinter Cell Conviction, and a variety of games. I was skeptical at first, but it really does work well. If you have a PC, all you need to do is download the application. You can play demos instantly, you can just purchase a game for a couple days for a cheap price, or just buy the game entirely. Prices are low, and its awesome.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:22 pm

Hoooly crap! That's a fantastic idea. When there's no fee for it I'm definately going to use this service. Damnnn that's shockingly good.

Though the only real selling point of gaming on my pc is mods :/ but I'm sure there are some awesome games I'd like to play on my pc, eg: Crysis!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:26 pm

Monthly internet cap is a big no no for onlive. Would really like to try it though, maybe a few years later.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:14 pm

So if you have a shitty PC you can still play Crysis on it? scratch
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:23 pm

Stoney wrote:
So if you have a shitty PC you can still play Crysis on it? scratch

You could probably play Crysis 2 on a netbook.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 7:02 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Hoooly crap! That's a fantastic idea. When there's no fee for it I'm definately going to use this service. Damnnn that's shockingly good.

Though the only real selling point of gaming on my pc is mods :/ but I'm sure there are some awesome games I'd like to play on my pc, eg: Crysis!
scratch Hmmm, I'm not sure if mods are compatible with games played on OnLive. The actual game runs on their servers, so I think mods are out of the question, at least for now.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:35 pm

Not only can you play crysis on a netbook. you can play it on an IPHONE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoRRiMDq5r0

:O

Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
Jamin
Jamin

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 4:28 am

@ABOVE^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

O_O
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Onlive pretty bad ass!!!   Onlive pretty bad ass!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Onlive pretty bad ass!!!
Page 1 of 1