This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Vanquish Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 10:36 am

THE STORY
the story is about in the future where USA made a big space station which sucks the energy out of the sun and uses it..the russian president is killed and russia has a new leader by a organisation named "Order Of The Russian Star" and the leader's name is Zaitsev and he takes over the station and fires a giant beam at san francisco and destroys it..the president of USA orders the army to go into the station and defeat Zaitsev..you are playing as
Sam Gideon,he is a darpa assistant for a guy named doctor candide..
but doctor candide has been kidnapped by zaitsev and asks sam for help with his new ARS suit (which looks freaking badass) to save him..
the story is awesome..
i might be the only guy who will say the story is awesome because the characters are good,the setting is great and my favorite character of the game has to be the general for the us army named burns..he is hilarious and he makes great lines like
Sam:Damn they even made a weapon that looks like a merry go round
Burns:You're welcome to ride on it
and another situation
Soldier:Sir! there are a lot of enemies at the other side,if we go we will get killed
Sam:Ah Damn!!Now what are we going to do?
Soldier:Pray?
Burns:Thank God im a Atheist
HE IS HILARIOUS!!
and thats not all the lines..theres tons of more!!
sam is badass as a main protagonist,elena (the girl that sends you the information) is a great character and gives you information about where are you going and she can hack almost everything on the space station..
the story is amazing in my opinion..the main antagonist is badass but he looks a bit gay..
theres a big twist at the end OMFG!!! you will not expect anything from it and also judging by the ending of the game,there will possibly make a sequel (which i cant wait)

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are spectular..
the lighting effects,the character models,the art design..everything looks good..the animations are awesome and sometimes they might be weird but they are still good..the graphics are great and the enemy design is kick-ass eventhough it might look like a lot of other big japanese robots from anime and movies but they still are great...sam's suit looks great and theres a lot of awesome scenery that you can see in the game which looks spectacular

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
the gameplay is awesome too..this game isnt like every other tps that you just walk slow and go to cover and pop and shoot..
this game is fast!! what i mean by fast is that you're suit has thrusters so you can boost to cover or to a enemy so that you can kick them in the face..the shooting is solid and fun..the gameplay is by far the best and you can also slow down time..this method has been used a lot but not like this game.if you get hit critically the suit will automaticly turn on and everything around you will slow down,you can also do it manually..theres also melee but sometimes it's inacuratte.you will miss a target and they will kill you..you will die in this game a lot and its a bit difficult i must say.the boss fights are awesome eventhough there arent many.theres a lot of weapons and you can upgrade them which is awesome..theres a lot of weapons and all of them are awesome..its like bayonetta but third person shooting.its that stylish...

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
now this is where this game might be a bit overpriced..now the game isnt long at all its around 4-6 hours of gameplay..i played it on normal..
and theres also a mode called god mode which by just reading the words suggest that its almost impossible to beat which i wont try.still the game is a lot of fun and theres soo many moments in this game that are soo memorable..every location is different and you wont feel like going through the same location twice..the pacing is excellent and still the game is a very enjoyable ride but after beating it..there isnt a lot of stuff to do except getting every achievement and getting every upgrade for every weapon..theres also challenge mode but i rather play the story than play that..but still this might be a a bit overexagerating but i think this is probably the last action game you should get this year..im telling you this for real..
screw black ops (eventhough is going to be great from what i saw) screw star wars the force unleashed 2 (its still good but not amazing) screw fable 3 (its going to be more of the same like fable 2) screw tron,james bond or other every game you should get but get this one!!!
assassins creed brotherhood will be the only thing thats close to this but i suggest get this game first because its that fun and amazing in my opinion

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:VANQUISH GETS A...
9.6=BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:37 pm

From what ive heard the story sucks.It looks like it sucks.Still, the gameplay does look like alot of fun
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:24 pm

I'll get this, probably, when it's like 20 bucks. I'm sick of spending 60 for a game that lasts like 6 hours.
Back to top Go down

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:15 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
I'll get this, probably, when it's like 20 bucks. I'm sick of spending 60 for a game that lasts like 6 hours.

This.

Although this game did look sweet, and the demo was fucking awesome. I will pick it up when its cheap
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:58 am

Arbiteris wrote:
From what ive heard the story sucks.It looks like it sucks.Still, the gameplay does look like alot of fun
for me the story was awesome
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 6:58 pm

I agree with Arbiter, you make it seem as if the story is funny so cool but that's not strictly referring to the plot, that's just the humour of the voice acting and stuff.
And Fable 3 the same as fable 2?! Screw it?!

I'm sure this games awesome but WHAT???!!!

But yeah good review apart from that Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review EmptySat Jan 22, 2011 4:09 am

Make everything 10, except fun factor should be 9.5 (this game would've been my GOTY with co-op, but it's a real disappointment that it doesn't have it), and story to an 8.0.

I'd recommend stealing a Used copy from GameStop Very Happy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Vanquish Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Vanquish Review   Vanquish Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Vanquish Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: