This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
CroBroly
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice


Posts : 28
Join date : 2010-08-20

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 11:20 am

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6282463.html

The PS2 is alive and still going?
And it's being repackaged with the new Toy Story 3 bundle.
Good or bad?
What do you think?
A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Wat11
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 12:53 pm

I think this song is appropriate here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63NiS3uZaTA

"why'd ya have to go and let it die...?"

Actually, that kind of juxtaposes this.
Ps2 die already!! Sony please give up on it.... pleaasee... no one cares anymore!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:30 pm

People still care about the PS2?
Instead of selling their old consoles, why dont Sony put backwards compatibility on their PS3's and stop fucking over their PS3 owners.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 4:46 pm

ghost23 wrote:
People still care about the PS2?
Instead of selling their old consoles, why dont Sony put backwards compatibility on their PS3's and stop fucking over their PS3 owners.

Exactly. Why the hell did they take it away in the first place?!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 5:23 pm

PS2 is still an excellent entry level console for $99. I read somewhere there's still almost as many people playing PS2 as there are people playing 360.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 6:17 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
People still care about the PS2?
Instead of selling their old consoles, why dont Sony put backwards compatibility on their PS3's and stop fucking over their PS3 owners.

Exactly. Why the hell did they take it away in the first place?!
They took it away so they could keep PS2 alive a little longer. Now that it's had its run, there are rumors that they are making a special drive for PS2 games (much like the HD-DVD drive for the 360).

Sony doesn't piss me off much, but the way they handled the backwards compatibility annoys me.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 7:29 pm

They took off PS2 BC from the PS3 so they could sell rehashed PS2 games as a collection on the PS3 to the people who don't wanna spend $100 on a PS2.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyThu Oct 21, 2010 8:18 pm

The PS2 was amazing...second best console only to the N64. Ofcourse its still going
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:53 am

It's amazing how many people consider N64 to be the greatest console even though it didn't sell the most or have the most A,AA,AAA games.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 2:11 pm

Invincible wrote:
It's amazing how many people consider N64 to be the greatest console even though it didn't sell the most or have the most A,AA,AAA games.

Your point? I dont care about reviews or sales, the fun factor is what matters.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Invincible wrote:
It's amazing how many people consider N64 to be the greatest console even though it didn't sell the most or have the most A,AA,AAA games.

I think its just the memories of playing Zelda, Mario, GoldenEye etc. Both (PS1 and N64) were amazing, no doubt about it.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Stoney wrote:
Invincible wrote:
It's amazing how many people consider N64 to be the greatest console even though it didn't sell the most or have the most A,AA,AAA games.

I think its just the memories of playing Zelda, Mario, GoldenEye etc. Both (PS1 and N64) were amazing, no doubt about it.

QFT
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:17 pm

That's why I bought a BC 80gig. PS2 is too awesome to do without.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 5:21 pm

Jamin wrote:
That's why I bought a BC 80gig. PS2 is too awesome to do without.

YEAH. THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE BC IN THERE FOR THE OTHER PS3S.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 3:02 am

BlackStigma wrote:
They took off PS2 BC from the PS3 so they could sell rehashed PS2 games as a collection on the PS3 to the people who don't wanna spend $100 on a PS2.
I doubt that that's the reason. I'm pretty sure Santa Monica Studios came up with the idea of God of War Collection, and pretty much popularized it from there. Besides, Sony knows that they can't make EVERY series into an HD collection.
Back to top Go down
Jamin
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Jamin

Posts : 582
Join date : 2010-02-10

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 4:34 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
That's why I bought a BC 80gig. PS2 is too awesome to do without.

YEAH. THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE BC IN THERE FOR THE OTHER PS3S.
Yeah, they should have kept it in. They took out the original backwards compatibility to save cash since it was too expensive, then they removed the software emulation one due to all the PS2 developers not being available to send them coding for the games. That's why if you want to know if your PS2 game will run smoothly, you can check the Sony website. I checked all my PS2 games, and it said they all run normally except for Grandia 2, which has a shadow glitch. I guess if Sony couldn't get all the games to work, they would just take it out.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 1:47 pm

Jamin wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
That's why I bought a BC 80gig. PS2 is too awesome to do without.

YEAH. THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE BC IN THERE FOR THE OTHER PS3S.
Yeah, they should have kept it in. They took out the original backwards compatibility to save cash since it was too expensive, then they removed the software emulation one due to all the PS2 developers not being available to send them coding for the games. That's why if you want to know if your PS2 game will run smoothly, you can check the Sony website. I checked all my PS2 games, and it said they all run normally except for Grandia 2, which has a shadow glitch. I guess if Sony couldn't get all the games to work, they would just take it out.

Well that makes sense, but I would still rather have some games run on emulation then none.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 5:26 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Invincible wrote:
It's amazing how many people consider N64 to be the greatest console even though it didn't sell the most or have the most A,AA,AAA games.

Your point? I dont care about reviews or sales, the fun factor is what matters.

Just saying it's a testament to the quality of GoldenEye, Ocarina of Time, and Mario 64. Even though Nintendo got spanked by Sony that gen, a lot people still hold the N64 in higher regard.

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Jamin wrote:
That's why I bought a BC 80gig. PS2 is too awesome to do without.

YEAH. THEY SHOULD HAVE KEPT THE BC IN THERE FOR THE OTHER PS3S.
Yeah, they should have kept it in. They took out the original backwards compatibility to save cash since it was too expensive, then they removed the software emulation one due to all the PS2 developers not being available to send them coding for the games. That's why if you want to know if your PS2 game will run smoothly, you can check the Sony website. I checked all my PS2 games, and it said they all run normally except for Grandia 2, which has a shadow glitch. I guess if Sony couldn't get all the games to work, they would just take it out.

Well that makes sense, but I would still rather have some games run on emulation then none.

There's a rumor Sony is going to release a USB drive that allows PS2 compatibility on a PS3. Sony removed it for a number of reasons. It made PS3's cheaper to produce, they could make money off HD remakes, and it increased the life span of the PS2 a little longer. I still have my PS2 hooked up and ready to go so it's not a problem, but I still might get that USB drive if it ever comes out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty
PostSubject: Re: A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?   A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3? Empty

Back to top Go down
 
A new PS2 bundle featuring Toy Story 3?
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Toy Story LEGO + MATTEL WWE
» Thinkaway's "Collectors" Toy Story Figures
» Deceit Logic {Story by Madoka}
» WTB: Toy Story Collection Bullseye (Thinkway)
» Gizzy's Story

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Other Platforms :: Sony-
Jump to: