This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum Empty
PostSubject: Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum   Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 6:11 am

"Mate, are you fair dinkum?" - Kind Sir, are you telling me the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

"Mate, I'm fair dinkum, bloody oath I am" - Why of course!!

"He's a fair dinkum drongo" - He is honestly quite a fool who isn't too bright and gets nothing right. The fair dinkum adds the honestly part to the translation, the rest comes from drongo.

"You have to let him know you're fair dinkum" - You have to let him know you are bona fide.

"Fair dinkum?" - No shit?

Aussie slang heres a post to help you understand what Fair dinkum is http://www.australianbeers.com/culture/fairdinkum.htm Smile enjoy you can also use it Razz

Last edited by day walker on Sun Oct 24, 2010 4:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum   Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:05 am

I love it when Americans try to say aussie slang, their accent makes them sound so stupid (no offence to any americans)
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum   Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 8:41 pm

ghost23 wrote:
I love it when Americans try to say aussie slang, their accent makes them sound so stupid (no offence to any americans)
we need to get a whole lot of americans to talk like aussies and use aussie slang would be a great day for them and spread aussie culture
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum   Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum EmptyFri Oct 22, 2010 9:11 pm

day walker wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
we need to get a whole lot of americans to talk like aussies and use aussie slang would be a great day for them and spread aussie culture

Start them off nice and easy with G'Day mate!
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum   Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum EmptySat Oct 23, 2010 7:45 am

ghost23 wrote:
day walker wrote:
ghost23 wrote:

Start them off nice and easy with G'Day mate!
then end it with Suck it hard while i drink me beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum   Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum Empty

Back to top Go down

Time for you yanks and other countrymen to learn Aussie slang such as Fair Dinkum
Page 1 of 1