This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review Empty
PostSubject: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review   Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 1:07 pm

THE STORY
the story is about starkiller again...WTF!!!
yeah he is alive..(sorta) if you played the first one and you chosed the light side ending..this is TFU2..starkiller is actually a clone and darth vader goes to the clone and puts him on a test..he cant do the test because one of the robots he programmed took juno's look and he cant kill her..
he starts seeing visions of the real starkiller and vader tries to kill him because he is no use of him anymore but starkiller's clone escapes and tries to save general kota from the first game..
i have to say that the story is actually pretty good for continuing the trilogy..it has great set pieces..still good voice acting eventhough starkiller sometimes is annoying when he screams..vader is awesome again..james earl jones is epic and i have to say the voice acting is good most of the time..theres again like the first one 2 sides to choose in the end of the game and the dark side ending made me go apeshit..its that surprising..
but my biggest problem is that vader isnt a lot in the game which he is my favorite star wars character of all time and he only appears like 4 times in the game..in the beginning 2 times..in the middle of the game like once and in the final battle once..the story is great but i think they could've made it more epic in my opinion

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
the graphics are awesome i have to say..this is the best segment for this game..the character models.the details.the lightning effects.the design,everything looks good..but i have to say during the in-game cutscenes it looks a bit kinda average but the CGI cutscenes are mindblowing in my opinion..still the graphics are awesome and everything about this game looks great.(Most of the time)

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
now this is where the game goes down a bit in my opinion..the main core of the gameplay is mostly the same from the first game..now you have 2 lightsabers but they actually arent that big of a difference from the first game with 1 lightsaber..you can still upgrade your powers and sabers from the first game.you still have costumes and stuff to unlock.the gameplay is still fun in my opinion but people who didnt liked the gameplay in the first one wont find anything actually new..you still use the same force push.lightining etc.this game has one epic boss fight with a giant monster named The Gorog..the boss fight is really damn awesome..i think that boss fight was the highlight in this game..in fact i think its the best star wars fight i have seen in my life..there arent a lot of other boss fights..you fight a big spider thingy and vader in the end..my biggest problem with the gameplay is that its boring sometimes..your doing the same thing over and over again and not to mention that if you fight a specific enemy like a wardroid and those walker thingies from episode 6 in the forest..it's the same animation and you have to use the same quick time events..and the first half of the final vader fight is probably the most BORING ASS BOSS FIGHT EVER..he just jumps around like a idiot and keeps throwing you imperfected clones of starkiller..its really bad but the second half of it was epic..i have to say the gameplay is a mixed bag in my opinion

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
the fun factor well i had fun..but its not worth the 60 dollars or euros except if you are a big hardcore star wars fun..if you want to get this game but its too expensive for you now..get it when its 20-30 dollars or euros..if you didnt liked the first one..this game will do very little to change your mind..not to mention that this game has only 3 locations in the whole game..and its unbeliveably short..im talking 3 and half hours..its not even 4 hours long..it maybe is longer on the higher difficulties but its way too short..this game has only 3 locations which is lazy in my opinion.
first KAMINO..then i think it looks like bespin from episode 5,then a big rebel spaceship and then guess what? KAMINO again!!!
WTF!!! i have to say that this game didnt really made a big difference if i compare it to the first one..its still a great game and i even think the first one in my opinion was a bit better..still its a great game but not amazing..

so for the fun factor

FINAL SCORE:STAR WARS TFU 2 GETS A...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review   Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 3:52 pm

Meh, I thought the first was BORING. Ill pass on this one.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review   Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review EmptyTue Oct 26, 2010 11:28 pm

I just got and beat the collectors edition tonight.I totally disagree.i though this game was great.Story and voice acting were top notch.And me personally I loved when he says things in battle(like when he yells "leave me alone!" ect).It makes it feel more real

This one wasnt even close as repetitive as the first.They add alot more things to mix the gameplay up, not just hack and slash each level.for example, one part you are literally flying into a kamino facility while you watch a giant rebel cruiser go past you and smash the facility.Or when you are falling at super fast speed trying to catch up with the cato neimodia boss.Things like these mix up the gameplay, making it alot less reptitive.The boss at Cato Neimodia was pure epic.It was literally liek a god of war boss.Huge scale and action packed

Peopel critisize TFU for being repetitive yet isnt that what the genre does?hack and slash is always repetitive.I dont understand why peopel critisize TFU for this yet they praise GoW.I would have given TFU 2 a 9/10

I beat this game in approx 5 hours on easy.Which is short yes, but id rather have a great short game then a boring long one.I also did find that there is a bit of graphical glitches, but not enough to annoy you much.

The story wasnt as good as the first but is still good.It also sets up the story for force unleashed 3 very well.People critisize the ending for having a cliffhanger and not finding out if he is a clone or not but that is something that is best saved for the end of the trilogy.

Overall, this game is alot betetr than the first.The first made you revisit the samep lanets over and over and making you fight the same enemies over and over each mission with no really "fun" moments.TFU 2 isnt perfect but is a step in the right direction
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review   Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review EmptyWed Oct 27, 2010 3:41 am

Arbiteris wrote:
I just got and beat the collectors edition tonight.I totally disagree.i though this game was great.Story and voice acting were top notch.And me personally I loved when he says things in battle(like when he yells "leave me alone!" ect).It makes it feel more real

This one wasnt even close as repetitive as the first.They add alot more things to mix the gameplay up, not just hack and slash each level.for example, one part you are literally flying into a kamino facility while you watch a giant rebel cruiser go past you and smash the facility.Or when you are falling at super fast speed trying to catch up with the cato neimodia boss.Things like these mix up the gameplay, making it alot less reptitive.The boss at Cato Neimodia was pure epic.It was literally liek a god of war boss.Huge scale and action packed

Peopel critisize TFU for being repetitive yet isnt that what the genre does?hack and slash is always repetitive.I dont understand why peopel critisize TFU for this yet they praise GoW.I would have given TFU 2 a 9/10

I beat this game in approx 5 hours on easy.Which is short yes, but id rather have a great short game then a boring long one.I also did find that there is a bit of graphical glitches, but not enough to annoy you much.

The story wasnt as good as the first but is still good.It also sets up the story for force unleashed 3 very well.People critisize the ending for having a cliffhanger and not finding out if he is a clone or not but that is something that is best saved for the end of the trilogy.

Overall, this game is alot betetr than the first.The first made you revisit the samep lanets over and over and making you fight the same enemies over and over each mission with no really "fun" moments.TFU 2 isnt perfect but is a step in the right direction

dude starkillers voice is annoying..you really want to hear him screaming like a idiot most of the time?
he was screaming a lot and it was annoying..read my review again..i said the battle with The Gorog was epic but that was the only thing..yes the giant rebel cruiser was cool and the beginning when starkiller was falling was pretty awesome too.but there were only 3 of those falling sections in the whole game..gow is different..gow has a lot of boss battles that are awesome and they introduce new enemies most of the time..while in TFU 2
you are fighting just the empire..yes theres a lot of enemies..like those cloaked guys that are fast and the guys in the red that can block your force power but they appear soo much thats its boring..thats same with the wardroids..and they have just one animation to beat them..read my review again,i said the ending was awesome..the dark side one..the light side was okay..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review   Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Star Wars The Force Unleashed 2 Review
Page 1 of 1