This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Fable III Review

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:13 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Erm, sorry but you've confused yourself. You were the one saying that it looks muddy up-close. I said ignore that and look at the game the way it is.
I'm not changing sides. It looks muddy and blurry up-close. It's not like Uncharted, where the camera is zoomed out. In Fable, the camera goes in close A LOT. You will notice it without even looking for it (although I know you look for muddy textures anyway, but this game is safe from your sleuthing eye because it's not a PS3 exclusive. Razz).
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 9:42 am

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Erm, sorry but you've confused yourself. You were the one saying that it looks muddy up-close. I said ignore that and look at the game the way it is.
I'm not changing sides. It looks muddy and blurry up-close. It's not like Uncharted, where the camera is zoomed out. In Fable, the camera goes in close A LOT. You will notice it without even looking for it (although I know you look for muddy textures anyway, but this game is safe from your sleuthing eye because it's not a PS3 exclusive. Razz).

lol I'm still sticking with IGN on this one.

Indeed... were it a ps3 exclusive I would say it looks fugly. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 4:27 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

lol I'm still sticking with IGN on this one.
Alright, fine, it's all a matter of opinion anyway. I'm just saying, lousy textures don't bother me if I don't really have to look at them, but the fact that Fable zooms in quite a bit does hurt it visually.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:01 pm

DemonWolf, Fable 3 is NOT a good-looking game. The sooner you accept this the sooner you can grow out the "graphics whore phase".
There is nothing about this game that looks good to me at all. And I've actually played it on an HDTV. I don't need IGN to tell me how the game looks. I can SEE that for myself. And before you scream "THAT'S YOUR OPINION DUDE", why do you take IGN's opinions as fact?

Two of your fellow forum members who played the hell out of the game and love the Fable series to death wouldn't lie to you when we say that Fable 3 is "meh" when it comes to graphics.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:20 pm

@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
▲

Posts : 368
Join date : 2010-07-14

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:44 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Erm, sorry but you've confused yourself. You were the one saying that it looks muddy up-close. I said ignore that and look at the game the way it is.
I'm not changing sides. It looks muddy and blurry up-close. It's not like Uncharted, where the camera is zoomed out. In Fable, the camera goes in close A LOT. You will notice it without even looking for it (although I know you look for muddy textures anyway, but this game is safe from your sleuthing eye because it's not a PS3 exclusive. Razz).

lol I'm still sticking with IGN on this one.

Indeed... were it a ps3 exclusive I would say it looks fugly. Rolling Eyes

Fable III Review - Page 2 Godhand%20IGN

I don't trust them, myself.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:48 pm

▲ wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Erm, sorry but you've confused yourself. You were the one saying that it looks muddy up-close. I said ignore that and look at the game the way it is.
I'm not changing sides. It looks muddy and blurry up-close. It's not like Uncharted, where the camera is zoomed out. In Fable, the camera goes in close A LOT. You will notice it without even looking for it (although I know you look for muddy textures anyway, but this game is safe from your sleuthing eye because it's not a PS3 exclusive. Razz).

lol I'm still sticking with IGN on this one.

Indeed... were it a ps3 exclusive I would say it looks fugly. Rolling Eyes

Fable III Review - Page 2 Godhand%20IGN

I don't trust them, myself.
Funny story, IGN actually put God Hand as #100 on their Top 100 PS2 Games of All Time. They only did it because every other reviewer loved God Hand. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:34 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.

With an arguement like that, there is just no way I can win.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:35 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.

With an arguement like that, there is just no way I can win.
You weren't supposed to respond. He said "end of story". That means he won and there's nothing you can do about it.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:45 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.

With an arguement like that, there is just no way I can win.
You weren't supposed to respond. He said "end of story". That means he won and there's nothing you can do about it.

I see, I guess I better shut up now.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:46 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.

With an arguement like that, there is just no way I can win.
You weren't supposed to respond. He said "end of story". That means he won and there's nothing you can do about it.

I see, I guess I better shut up now.
Good. Know your place, PlaySlave.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:18 am

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.

With an arguement like that, there is just no way I can win.

lol funny you should say that, I was thinking of saying the same to you. I make a claim like "fable looks good" and then you respond with "no because the polygons and aa and bloom lighting and this and that is not good" or whatever

Seriously... XD
just no...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:33 am

@ godhand/baby game post thing..
Okay, let's not just use IGN because they're clearly not reliable enough.

Here are what other sites said the visuals deserved:

Gametrailers: 8.3/10

Acegamez? 5*

Planet xbox 360: 8.5/10

XGN: 9/10

3DJuegos: 9/10

RPGgamer: 4*

And although gamespot don't give graphics ratings anymore, they gave the game an award for outstanding visual design.


But nevermind all of these critics, I'm sure your opinions are of much greater value, Alan!


Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:57 am

Well I would disagree with them, DW. End of story.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 12:04 pm

TRF wrote:
Well I would disagree with them, DW. End of story.

I know. That's why I started this in the first place. Because you disagree with the majority Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:18 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Well I would disagree with them, DW. End of story.

I know. That's why I started this in the first place. Because you disagree with the majority Razz
How do you know it's a majority? Yes, I disagree with a majority of the journalists, but for all you know, a majority of gamers in general think Fable III isn't amazing-looking. That's why you can't consider Metacritic to be "a majority", because there are more gamers than there are gaming journalists.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:36 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Well I would disagree with them, DW. End of story.

I know. That's why I started this in the first place. Because you disagree with the majority Razz
How do you know it's a majority? Yes, I disagree with a majority of the journalists, but for all you know, a majority of gamers in general think Fable III isn't amazing-looking. That's why you can't consider Metacritic to be "a majority", because there are more gamers than there are gaming journalists.

I personally dont think Falbe III looks amazing, but I think it looks great.Some of the textures are eh but overalla Fable III's graphics are really good
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:40 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Well I would disagree with them, DW. End of story.

I know. That's why I started this in the first place. Because you disagree with the majority Razz
How do you know it's a majority? Yes, I disagree with a majority of the journalists, but for all you know, a majority of gamers in general think Fable III isn't amazing-looking. That's why you can't consider Metacritic to be "a majority", because there are more gamers than there are gaming journalists.

I personally dont think Falbe III looks amazing, but I think it looks great.Some of the textures are eh but overalla Fable III's graphics are really good
And I gave it a good score. 7.5 isn't bad at all.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 2:04 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TRF wrote:
Well I would disagree with them, DW. End of story.

I know. That's why I started this in the first place. Because you disagree with the majority Razz
How do you know it's a majority? Yes, I disagree with a majority of the journalists, but for all you know, a majority of gamers in general think Fable III isn't amazing-looking. That's why you can't consider Metacritic to be "a majority", because there are more gamers than there are gaming journalists.

I personally dont think Falbe III looks amazing, but I think it looks great.Some of the textures are eh but overalla Fable III's graphics are really good

Yeah. Would you agree it deserves 8/10? Because 9/10 is uncharted standard. 7/10 is like halo 3 standard. I'd say it's inbetween the two.
Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

Posts : 1146
Join date : 2010-03-08

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 8:08 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.

With an arguement like that, there is just no way I can win.

lol funny you should say that, I was thinking of saying the same to you. I make a claim like "fable looks good" and then you respond with "no because the polygons and aa and bloom lighting and this and that is not good" or whatever

Seriously... XD
just no...

LOL what?

How is saying you just won a debate to win a debate better than using facts?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

Posts : 1480
Join date : 2009-10-03

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:19 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
@ trf fair enough. I already said your review was excellent I just think you were being too harsh about the graphics.

@ alan, whatever. I don't care if you don't recognise good visuals. And tbh Theres no reason why I should agree
with the opinion of some guy online rather than numerous esteemed critics.
And just because you've "played the fable series to death", that doesn't mean anything! They could be the only games you've ever played in your life for all I care. Fable games look good. End of story.

With an arguement like that, there is just no way I can win.

lol funny you should say that, I was thinking of saying the same to you. I make a claim like "fable looks good" and then you respond with "no because the polygons and aa and bloom lighting and this and that is not good" or whatever

Seriously... XD
just no...

LOL what?

How is saying you just won a debate to win a debate better than using facts?
He already said he won. You can't win this, Alan!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 3:35 pm

Just started Fable III and I love it so far. But the thing I want to know is, alot of reviewers say the ending comes out of nowhere when you are king, what I want to know is do you get to choose when you want to become king?

Can someone explain without spoiling it?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Stoney wrote:
Just started Fable III and I love it so far. But the thing I want to know is, alot of reviewers say the ending comes out of nowhere when you are king, what I want to know is do you get to choose when you want to become king?

Can someone explain without spoiling it?

As you keep doing the main quest you will become the King eventually, the game will still continue after that, and I don't know how the ending comes out of nowhere because once you are the king it's pretty obvious when it will end. However there's still lots to do after beating the game.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 27, 2010 9:39 pm

I got the Fable III collectors this christmas and have yet to start it(been busy playing other games)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fable III Review   Fable III Review - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Fable III Review
Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» HK 417D Review
» SDCC 2011 Reveals
» Review of The Phantom Menace!!!
» Leech and Hurricane Hordak revealed
» Marvel Universe 2 packs (Cyclops/Marvel Girl - Wolverine Sabretooth)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: