This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Oblivion or Fallout 3?

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Oblivion or Fallout 3?
Oblivion
Oblivion or Fallout 3? Vote_lcap36%Oblivion or Fallout 3? Vote_rcap
 36% [ 9 ]
Fallout 3
Oblivion or Fallout 3? Vote_lcap64%Oblivion or Fallout 3? Vote_rcap
 64% [ 16 ]
Total Votes : 25

AuthorMessage

Oblivion or Fallout 3? Empty
PostSubject: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 5:33 pm

For people who have played both, what do you pick? Fallout 3 is built off of an updated Oblivion engine, with an added Karma system, ect. I still think that Oblivion is better. It just seemed like there was more to do. And I liked swords and stuff better for this kind of game. State why, as well.

Last edited by TheJubJub5721 on Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:28 pm

fallout 3 by far
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:52 pm

NobleSix wrote:
fallout 3 by far

Why?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:54 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
fallout 3 by far

Why?

Because he doesn't like real rpgs. And because he hasn't completed Oblivion yet.

Razz

Obviously Oblivion is better. I didn't really like FO3 that much at all when I played it. I can see it's a great game though, just not my kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:55 pm

Oblivion by far

TES>>>>>>Fallout
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 6:57 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
fallout 3 by far

Why?

Because he doesn't like real rpgs. And because he hasn't completed Oblivion yet.

Razz

Obviously Oblivion is better. I didn't really like FO3 that much at all when I played it. I can see it's a great game though, just not my kind of thing.

Fallout and Oblivion are pretty much one in the same Razz only different setting and karma system. But I do agree, Oblivion was a lot more fun.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
fallout 3 by far

Why?

Razz

Fallout and Oblivion are pretty much one in the same Razz only different setting and karma system. But I do agree, Oblivion was a lot more fun.

I know Razz

But Oblivion's the BEST rpg!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:16 pm

Fallout 3 was way better. Fallout 3 had bad loading times, but Oblivion's were absolutely horrid. The weapons in Fallout 3 were a lot better, as the combat, and the wastes of Washington D.C. were a lot better than just a bunch of trees everywhere. And when the sky went red because of an Oblivion gate, holy crap that was unbelievable annoying. Sleeping to level up sucked, and the quests were more fun in Fallout 3. And who could forget Three Dog? That guy was awesome.

NobleSix wrote:
fallout 3 by far
Then vote for it, the only Fallout 3 vote so far is my own.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:37 pm

I prefer Oblivion, although I would like The Elder Scrolls V to adopt a few things from Fallout 3, such as the leveling system.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 10:02 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Fallout 3 was way better. Fallout 3 had bad loading times, but Oblivion's were absolutely horrid. The weapons in Fallout 3 were a lot better, as the combat, and the wastes of Washington D.C. were a lot better than just a bunch of trees everywhere. And when the sky went red because of an Oblivion gate, holy crap that was unbelievable annoying. Sleeping to level up sucked, and the quests were more fun in Fallout 3. And who could forget Three Dog? That guy was awesome.

Well the loading times are better, but the weapons are subjective. I personally liked swords, bows, stuff like that better than the guns. And the combat in Fallout 3 was horrible from an FPS stand point. And in the environment in Cyrodiil there was a lot more to do than the wastes of DC.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 11:24 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Well the loading times are better, but the weapons are subjective. I personally liked swords, bows, stuff like that better than the guns. And the combat in Fallout 3 was horrible from an FPS stand point. And in the environment in Cyrodiil there was a lot more to do than the wastes of DC.

Cause it's not an FPS, it's a real time RPG. Razz

Guns and first person don't automatically mean an FPS. Fallout 3 could also be played in third person.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 2:37 am

The shooting is a lot better in New Vegas and just the general atmosphere of Fallout seems a lot more better than Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 3:34 am

I think the story in TES4 is alot better then Fallout 3.

And I like swords Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 6:16 am

ghost23 wrote:
The shooting is a lot better in New Vegas and just the general atmosphere of Fallout seems a lot more better than Oblivion.
No way! Oblivion has the best soundtrack in any video game and has a mahousive world full of beauty; rivers, lakes, waterfalls, thick foresty areas, mountains, big strongholds, etc I think it has an unbeatable atmosphere. In fact I think Fallout 3, not sure about NV but Fo3 was completely devoid of any emotion or any interesting atmosphere.

Blixtstorm wrote:
I think the story in TES4 is alot better then Fallout 3.

And I like swords Razz

You like swords? zomg you admit it! You're gay!!!

lol jk I like swords too... the sharp kind Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyMon Nov 01, 2010 7:56 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Guns and first person don't automatically mean an FPS. Fallout 3 could also be played in third person.

I'm just saying, they added guns and you had to do a majority of the shooting, they could have made the shooting mechanics a little better. And don't kid around, Fallout 3 (same with Oblivion) in 3rd person was horrible! Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Nov 03, 2010 7:20 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

I'm just saying, they added guns and you had to do a majority of the shooting, they could have made the shooting mechanics a little better. And don't kid around, Fallout 3 (same with Oblivion) in 3rd person was horrible! Razz
I didn't mind either game's third person view that much. I mean, primarily I played Oblivion as a first person game of course, but that's mainly only when I am interacting with stuff, generally playing, like exploring, I play in third person.
Back to top Go down
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 2:35 pm

FALLOUT 3
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 5:16 pm

tr3ykilla wrote:
FALLOUT 3

Reason?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:25 pm

tr3ykilla wrote:
FALLOUT 3 SUCKS ASS

Fixed.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:26 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
tr3ykilla wrote:
FALLOUT 3 SUCKS ASS

Fixed.

HEY! Its a good game! Just Oblivion is way better Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Dec 08, 2010 8:29 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
tr3ykilla wrote:
FALLOUT 3 SUCKS ASS

Fixed.

HEY! I agree that Fallout's a lame piece of crap and should have never been made! Oblivion is orgasmic Razz

Fixed.
Back to top Go down
Juan Mario
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 11:51 pm

Fallout 3 (maybe my favorite RPG of all times, I can´t decide which one I like more, if this one or Gothic I), I like more the post apocalyptical retro-futuristic wasteland than the originally nice, but now demon invaded land setting.

Oblivion is a very good and immersive game, but is not even the best game in the Elder Scrolls series, I prefered more the dark atmosphera, the melancholic feeling, and scarred lands continent of Morrowind.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptySun Jan 16, 2011 11:47 pm

Fallout 3 was just a slightly more refined Oblivion in a different setting to me. Same problems Oblivion has.

Though, if I HAD to pick, I'd say Oblivion. I couldn't get into FO3 at all.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:00 pm

Wow. It seems like a tight competition, with Oblivion slightly in the lead, but FO3 is landsliding in the polls.

Which one is more sandbox-like? I like RPGs and all, seeing how my first game was Chrono Trigger (God, that game was addicting), but I enjoy sandbox more.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:06 pm

They're roughly the same, really. Both games you can just go about and do whatever.

I guess an edge would go to FO3 in that regard, but even so I'd take Oblivion because it's slightly less worse.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oblivion or Fallout 3?   Oblivion or Fallout 3? Empty

Back to top Go down

Oblivion or Fallout 3?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: General Xbox360 Discussion :: The Games-
Jump to: