This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Kinect Hardware Reviews

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DarK
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
DarK

Kinect Hardware Reviews Empty
PostSubject: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:35 pm

Off to a good start

GameInformer - Kinect Review 8/10
Msxbox - Kinect hardware review 8/10
Pocket-Lint: Kinect Review - 9/10
CVG: Kinect Review - 8.8/10
USA Today Kinect Review - 3.5/4
BlastMagazine: Kinect Review B/A +
Strategy Informer Kinect Review - 9.5/10
ElectricPig: Microsoft Kinect - 10/10
New York Times - 9/10
CNET UK: Kinect Review 4/5
PC Mag Kinect Review - 4/5
Geek Sugar Kinect Review 4/5
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 1:46 pm

Wow, nice.I didnt see those

What was your last username?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:54 pm

IGN gave it a 7.5
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 3:57 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
IGN gave it a 7.5

eh some of IGN's reviewers are crap.I usually just listen to Erik Budvig(or whatever his name is)
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptyThu Nov 04, 2010 4:42 pm

Those are actually amazing scores especially with the amount of skepticism surrounding Kinect.
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 5:30 am

I actually tried one, there was a event here.
It is kind of good, yeah, but nowhere near as a 9/10 I hate to admit it but IGN give it an appropriate score. Sometimes it works, and it's awesome, but navigating the menus is really,really slow, and the whole jump around to hit balls back and others wear off after 10 minutes, and just become annoying. Still if someone manages to make a game that actually uses the kinect for good, it's gonna be awesome.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:19 am

SammX wrote:
It is kind of good, yeah, but nowhere near as a 9/10 I hate to admit it but IGN give it an appropriate score. Sometimes it works, and it's awesome, but navigating the menus is really,really slow, and the whole jump around to hit balls back and others wear off after 10 minutes, and just become annoying. Still if someone manages to make a game that actually uses the kinect for good, it's gonna be awesome.

Kinect adventures is just basically supposed to be a demo showing you the tech of Kinect and it achieved its goal. It will be forgotten very soon
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 8:24 am

Nice. Looks like my first impressions were well placed. It is indeed awesome.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:16 am

It really is doing a lot better than I thought. Nice.
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 10:40 am

ghost23 wrote:
SammX wrote:

Kinect adventures is just basically supposed to be a demo showing you the tech of Kinect and it achieved its goal. It will be forgotten very soon
I tried adventures, sonic free riders, Dance central, and even kinectimals.
And that was the most responsive, dance central was meh, but I don't like those games at all. And not to be a dick, but wii sports was supposed to be a tech demo too, and it is still pretty popular.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:07 pm

SammX wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
SammX wrote:

I tried adventures, sonic free riders, Dance central, and even kinectimals.
And that was the most responsive, dance central was meh, but I don't like those games at all. And not to be a dick, but wii sports was supposed to be a tech demo too, and it is still pretty popular.

It was extremely popular because it was the first of its kind. I agree that I dont think Kinect Sports or sports champions will catch on the same way that Wii Sports did. The only game that I see for Kinect that could break that mass appeal barrier is Dance Central because it truly is a first of its kind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Kinect Hardware Reviews   Kinect Hardware Reviews Empty

Back to top Go down

Kinect Hardware Reviews
Page 1 of 1