This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished Empty
PostSubject: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:22 am

K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished, why? Because they ruin the game. People (me included) get so concerned with those fucking ratios that they play differently or not at all. Games should be fun, and if you suck at a game you shouldn't have a damn record showing it. I get so concerned with having a good ratio that I don't play FFA or Team Slayer in Reach because frankly, they slaughter my K/D ratio. This is also why so many people camp and use cheap tactics in games like Cod. If there was no fucking record of it, everybody would play for fun and wouldn't camp or use the noob tube so often. When I play Cod and start dieing a lot, I camp so my K/D ratio doesn't go down, it's so fucking stupid. I see why some people like it, but that's exclusively to games you are good at.

"Oh well it shouldn't bother you." Fuck that, I care what people think about me, most people do, I hate having some record available for anyone to see and tell if I'm a bad player at a certain game or not.

I stopped playing Blazblue online. Why? Cause I wasn't that good and had a bad W/L ratio. I just can't stand having a bad ratio. The game was fun, but I can't stand the fact that anybody can see that I suck at the game. When I lose or get killed in a game, I get pissed, why? Because it brings my ratio down. This is why Gears 1 player and Halo 3 are so good. In Gears, I'm pretty good, but get so damn competitive in ranked that it's no fun. Player is fun, because it doesn't keep track of your kills and whatnot. In Halo 3 it sorta does, but not in the game itself, you have to go to Bungie.net to look it up.

If there were no leaderboards or records then I would enjoy all online multiplayer games a lot more. And I know many others would too. At the very least they should make is so you can hide your personal leaderboards from everyone but yourself, yeah that would be really good.

What do you guys think of leaderboards and ratios?

Last edited by BlackStigma on Fri Nov 05, 2010 1:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:03 am

Eh. I don't mind KRDs and WLRs and whatnot because I'm not a shallow person. Razz
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 11:44 am

For BlazBlue, is there a W/L ratio in player matches? (The one with the groups)
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:50 pm

NoelX2 wrote:

Not sure, but I don't like the group idea, I hate waiting for my turn, so I didn't play it much.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

Not sure, but I don't like the group idea, I hate waiting for my turn, so I didn't play it much.

No, your W/L ratio is not posted, at least not in Continuum Shift.

On topic: I don't care too much about the ratio and simply ignore it, I play for fun.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 5:30 pm

Omg Blackstigma, these are my exact thoughts!!
I mean, honestly I have no problem with K/D ratios but I do agree that people have become so obsessed with getting a decent score that they do stupid stuff like camp and noobtube!!
I don't get this problem in Halo Reach or Shadowrun but ALL THE TIME in MW2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 6:39 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

On topic: I don't care too much about the ratio and simply ignore it, I play for fun.

But like DemonWolf said, it disturbs other people, like me, which leads to camping and noobtubbing. In my case, for Modern Warfare 2, it was usually knifing classes. Even if you don't care, other people will and then they will bother you in games. Get what I'm saying? It ruins the fun for everyone. If there were none of ratios or leaderboards, I'd bet you'd have more fun in online games, especially FPS's
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:06 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

But like DemonWolf said, it disturbs other people, like me, which leads to camping and noobtubbing. In my case, for Modern Warfare 2, it was usually knifing classes. Even if you don't care, other people will and then they will bother you in games. Get what I'm saying? It ruins the fun for everyone. If there were none of ratios or leaderboards, I'd bet you'd have more fun in online games, especially FPS's

I get what you say, but I have not been bothered in the past by it, nor has anyone made the attempt to do so, it also would not work since my actions in a video game do not bother me in the slightest. Though I do agree that FPS games would be more large scale in terms of in-game action. I can live with it, but I can see where you are coming from.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:38 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

I get what you say, but I have not been bothered in the past by it, nor has anyone made the attempt to do so, it also would not work since my actions in a video game do not bother me in the slightest. Though I do agree that FPS games would be more large scale in terms of in-game action. I can live with it, but I can see where you are coming from.
so you've never witnessed campers on mw2? Never noticed obsessive shotgunners on gears? Never noticed knifers on battlefield?
Every single irritating gamer is influenced by their desperation to keep a decent KDR or just a decent score at the end of the game. You may not be bothered by it but it happens and everyone else seems to be affected by it! It doesn't seem to be about fun anymore!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 7:42 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
so you've never witnessed campers on mw2? Never noticed obsessive shotgunners on gears? Never noticed knifers on battlefield?
Every single irritating gamer is influenced by their desperation to keep a decent KDR or just a decent score at the end of the game. You may not be bothered by it but it happens and everyone else seems to be affected by it! It doesn't seem to be about fun anymore!

Ironic, cause that's the "pro" way to play lol. I can't stand people who start using the lancer or hammerburst in Gears. I like it straight up sniper or shotgun.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:11 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Ironic, cause that's the "pro" way to play lol. I can't stand people who start using the lancer or hammerburst in Gears. I like it straight up sniper or shotgun.

Haha if you say so. I like lancer users. I get pissed at people who can kill you in like one shot with their friggin shotguns.
Using the chainsaw on the lancer is fair enough because you can only really use that when the enemy has their guard down.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 9:19 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Haha if you say so. I like lancer users. I get pissed at people who can kill you in like one shot with their friggin shotguns.
Using the chainsaw on the lancer is fair enough because you can only really use that when the enemy has their guard down.

I haven't played Gears 2 in a long time so they might have patched it but around release the chainsaw was a freaking vacuum, it sucked in anything within a 10 feet radius. Once I started a warzone and started up my chainsaw as soon as the match started and walked around without letting go...killed 2 people that round. And once in a subway submission (or whatever the capture the meatfag gametype was called) and there was a mass chainsaw orgy downstairs where I chainsawed to death 7 people within 2 minutes before dieing. No joke, they just kept running down there. That thing was so overpowered!
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 8:10 am

BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

I haven't played Gears 2 in a long time so they might have patched it but around release the chainsaw was a freaking vacuum, it sucked in anything within a 10 feet radius. Once I started a warzone and started up my chainsaw as soon as the match started and walked around without letting go...killed 2 people that round. And once in a subway submission (or whatever the capture the meatfag gametype was called) and there was a mass chainsaw orgy downstairs where I chainsawed to death 7 people within 2 minutes before dieing. No joke, they just kept running down there. That thing was so overpowered!

Well in Gears 1 it seemed like a vacuum, yes but Gears 2, no way! The moment a bullet flies your way, no matter how many times you mash the B button, your character never seems to use the chainsaw!!!! It's hard.
Though wow...I've never seen people use the lancer like that XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 11:24 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
NoelX2 wrote:

I only know of the campers in COD, since I have not tired GOW and Battlefield online. Yet again, I see where you are coming from but it is not just me, my friends ignore K/D ratios too. Also it does not matter what anyone here thinks, no matter what you say to me, and no matter how much apathy I have for K/D ratios, isn't suddenly make them disappear.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I see it this way: if you play competitively, then you should care. If your KDR sucks, then stop sucking. If you don't play competitively, then you shouldn't care.

Hell, I checked my MW2 KDR last night. It was .53 (1600-something kills versus 3000-something deaths), but it didn't bother me in the least since I don't care about that stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:13 pm

TRF wrote:
I see it this way: if you play competitively, then you should care. If your KDR sucks, then stop sucking. If you don't play competitively, then you shouldn't care.

Hell, I checked my MW2 KDR last night. It was .53 (1600-something kills versus 3000-something deaths), but it didn't bother me in the least since I don't care about that stuff.

Exactly.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:04 pm

TRF wrote:

Or just stop playing
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:13 am

BlackStigma wrote:
K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished, why? Because they ruin the game. People (me included) get so concerned with those fucking ratios that they play differently or not at all. Games should be fun, and if you suck at a game you shouldn't have a damn record showing it. I get so concerned with having a good ratio that I don't play FFA or Team Slayer in Reach because frankly, they slaughter my K/D ratio. This is also why so many people camp and use cheap tactics in games like Cod. If there was no fucking record of it, everybody would play for fun and wouldn't camp or use the noob tube so often. When I play Cod and start dieing a lot, I camp so my K/D ratio doesn't go down, it's so fucking stupid. I see why some people like it, but that's exclusively to games you are good at.

"Oh well it shouldn't bother you." Fuck that, I care what people think about me, most people do, I hate having some record available for anyone to see and tell if I'm a bad player at a certain game or not.

I stopped playing Blazblue online. Why? Cause I wasn't that good and had a bad W/L ratio. I just can't stand having a bad ratio. The game was fun, but I can't stand the fact that anybody can see that I suck at the game. When I lose or get killed in a game, I get pissed, why? Because it brings my ratio down. This is why Gears 1 player and Halo 3 are so good. In Gears, I'm pretty good, but get so damn competitive in ranked that it's no fun. Player is fun, because it doesn't keep track of your kills and whatnot. In Halo 3 it sorta does, but not in the game itself, you have to go to Bungie.net to look it up.

If there were no leaderboards or records then I would enjoy all online multiplayer games a lot more. And I know many others would too. At the very least they should make is so you can hide your personal leaderboards from everyone but yourself, yeah that would be really good.

What do you guys think of leaderboards and ratios?

I agree 100% I have 1.46 K/D ratio and when it reaches 1.45 I noob tube. I hate it but I get obsessed!
Back to top Go down
Lethal Predator
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:10 am

Im with this, i sometimes worry about my K/D in a game just in case i do bad. This and leaderboards should be removed.
Back to top Go down
Joycey
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Joycey

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished EmptySun Dec 12, 2010 7:24 am

i hate K/D ratio it makes me get way to mad if i go minus in a game or even if i cant see it i can enjoy a game alot more and relax and have fun. black ops has K/D ratio on its in game leaderboards then you press the back button in a match and if i see a ratio of 1.00 or less. i enjoy it less and go straight for my chopper gunner by a very light semi camping
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished   K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished Empty

Back to top Go down

K/D and W/L ratios should be abolished
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Rants, Articles, Columns, Videos-
Jump to: