This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Buying a 360, becoming an idort

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Rasputin Varez
Seaman Recruit
Rasputin Varez

Buying a 360, becoming an idort Empty
PostSubject: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:24 pm

Hello, i am an Idort. that means that i own every current generation console

or rather i will be an idort, the only one i do not have yet is a 360, and who better to advise me on 360s than you guys?

So, as somebody who already owns a great gaming PC, a PS3 a Wii (Wiis suck) what games would you recommend? I prefer to play multi plats on the PC, (1080p, tighter control's), so what exclusives would you recommend?

inb4 Halo 3, thats obviously going to be the first game i play on it, then Reach

Also, i am still not sure if i should get a refurbished Elite or a Slim, i hear stories about the slim model grinding disks. and how good is your $60 a year multi-player for Australians?

Pic related, it's my console collection so far
Buying a 360, becoming an idort File0410

Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:39 pm

If your after only true exclusives and ignoring the Halo series I would recommend Gears 2, Fable II & III, Alan Wake, Forza 2 & 3, Crackdown 1 & 2 and Dead Rising 1.
Back to top Go down
Rasputin Varez
Seaman Recruit
Rasputin Varez

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:42 pm

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:
If your after only true exclusives and ignoring the Halo series I would recommend Gears 2, Fable II & III, Alan Wake, Forza 2 & 3, Crackdown 1 & 2 and Dead Rising 1.

Fable 3 is coming to PC

and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call of Pripyat is a fantastic game
Back to top Go down
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 12:46 pm

Rasputin Varez wrote:
S.T.A.L.K.E.R. wrote:

Fable 3 is coming to PC

and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.:Call of Pripyat is a fantastic game

I know but it's not out yet on PC and I don't know how soon your talking about getting a 360. Love the gaming rig by the way, i've still got my SNES stored away somewhere. I love the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series! It's the first game I bring up when people say PC gaming is dead.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:26 pm

I'd recommend the Fable games, even though Fable 3 is going to pc, Fable 2 isn't.
Also Alan Wake is a fantastic game.
If you like racing games, PGR4 and Forza 3 are the way to go.
Gears 2 and Gears 3 of course.
Halo, yeah you already know that.
And seeing as you're a pc gamer, I'm gonna guess you like RTS's, so see Halo Wars.
Crackdown games are goood.
And some underrated games like Perfect Dark Zero, Kameo, Viva Pinata (I personally didn't like it though), Banjo Kazooie, etc
I believe Bully Scholarship Edition is on pc... I'm not sure. If not, check that out. One of my favourite games ever!
And did Splinter Cell Conviction even come out on pc? scratch

[dont forget the best game ever.... DEADLY PREMONITION!! Razz ]

Then there are loads of Xbox Live games worth checking out! I've not even bought a single one yet as there are so many retail games I haven't played yet.
On top of that, you may never need to buy another multiplat on your ps3 ever again. Razz
(as in the ones you can't play on pc, like Red Dead Redemption)

And off topic slightly, check out Shadowrun. It's on both pc and 360 and you can play with both players Razz It's so damn fun.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:31 pm

Hopefully we haven't got another "PC gaming master race" or whatever those fools are calling themselves on our hands. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Rasputin Varez
Seaman Recruit
Rasputin Varez

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 1:42 pm

Stoney wrote:
Hopefully we haven't got another "PC gaming master race" or whatever those fools are calling themselves on our hands. Laughing

PC master race
X-Bros
Sonyfriends
Nintenbros

Personally, i do prefer PC gaming in the same way that i love Red Rooster, but that doesn't mean that i don't want hungry Jacks sometimes.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:07 pm

Nice avatar.......

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Buying a 360, becoming an idort   Buying a 360, becoming an idort EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 2:13 pm

The slim models don't "grind disks", if you move the console while the game is playing it will scratch the disk, regardless of the model. But really I see no reason why somebody would need to move it while playing. You should get the 360 slim, it's quieter, and more reliable than the PS3 slim from some of the videos and articles I have seen. It also has 130GB more memory and has wifi.

Spoiler: