This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Cod next Year

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:39 pm

Yep the newest Cod Perhaps MW3 is out next year http://au.gamespot.com/news/6283588.html
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:43 pm

Perhaps MW3.But I think its the sledgehammer deveoper one.it'd be cool to see a sci fi CoD.Then id really be interested
Back to top Go down
day walker
day walker

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 8:48 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Perhaps MW3.But I think its the sledgehammer deveoper one.it'd be cool to see a sci fi CoD.Then id really be interested
i would love a scifi cod to see how it would stack to Halo ( prob not well) i say the next cod should be a scifi better than MW type cods
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:28 pm

COD is the new dynasty warrior Very Happy.
Back to top Go down

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyFri Nov 05, 2010 10:46 pm

I would love it if this CoD wouldn't happen.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Why? MW2 sucks, but all the others were good. And they have 2 year development cycles, not just 1.
Back to top Go down
SammX
Seaman Recruit

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 4:09 am

can't be worse than MW2 online vise.
I liked the campagin of MW2 even though it was short.
Also, fuck the favela level.
Back to top Go down
Madtoker
Master Chief Petty Officer
Master Chief Petty Officer
Madtoker

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 5:06 am

WHAT SUPRISE 3 cods in 3 years woopdy doo
Back to top Go down

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 9:21 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Why? MW2 sucks, but all the others were good. And they have 2 year development cycles, not just 1.

Unless they actually change the gameplay or somehow make the game better, its really just the same game getting repackaged with a new generic story.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 12:41 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Unless they actually change the gameplay or somehow make the game better, its really just the same game getting repackaged with a new generic story.

if it aint broke, dont fix it

Critisizing games for being very similer is pure BS
Back to top Go down

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:04 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

What if the original was bad then? I am sure you remember the Runners, Campers, and Quick-scopers that plagued MW2's multiplayer, and you know what? The games mechanics helped them do that. The multiplayer had quite a few flaws (ex; the servers) and the story was too short and had a bad cliffhanger ending. It clearly was broken in terms of multiplayer servers though, no denying that.

Also having games be too similar can be a criticism, if it is too similar then why would I have any incentive to purchase the game at all?

Last edited by Deus Ex Machina on Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:05 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

generic story?
black ops is different..very different in way they potrey the story from the other cod games,play it,you will see what i mean
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:17 pm

Deus Ex Machina wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

What if the original was bad then? I am sure you remember the Runners, Campers, and Quick-scopers that plagued MW2's multiplayer, and you know what? The games mechanics helped them do that. The multiplayer had quite a few flaws (ex; the servers) and the story was too short and had a bad cliffhanger ending. It clearly was broken in terms of multiplayer servers though, no denying that.

Also having games be too similar can be a criticism, if it is too similar then why would I have any incentive to purchase the game at all?

Funny how you use MW2.The only "bad" game is the series.WaW and CoD 4 were awesome.Why dont you use that instead?More CoD games have been good then bad so I dont see why you use MW2.....

Because if you enjoy the kind of game and seirs then im sure you will want to buy the next installment.For new story, campaign, maps and guns/modes.THAT is why people do and always will buy these games.
Back to top Go down

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 1:30 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Deus Ex Machina wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Funny how you use MW2.The only "bad" game is the series.WaW and CoD 4 were awesome.Why dont you use that instead?More CoD games have been good then bad so I dont see why you use MW2.....

Because if you enjoy the kind of game and seirs then im sure you will want to buy the next installment.For new story, campaign, maps and guns/modes.THAT is why people do and always will buy these games.

Whether or not those games were good is opinionated. Though they were sure as hell better (At least MW1, I do not own WAW).

You might, but if the only difference is story then I still have no incentive to buy it (this mostly only applies to FPS), since COD is a game made for multiplayer and is a $60 rip-off without online.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySat Nov 06, 2010 6:37 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Modern Warfare 1 and 2 had pretty good stories.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 11:55 am

BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I agree.Though MW2's story telling sucked(the mission breifings could be so confusing when you first play it), the plot itself was good.Some good plot twists too.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:01 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Modern Warfare 2 WAS broken. So therefore they have to fix it. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 1:34 pm

IGn has posted that a internet scource has confirmed that the sledgehammer developer is working on a Cod sci fi.Another thing that backs this up is a few months ago Activision bought the right to have "Future Warfare" "Space Warfare" and sometthing else for their games titles.

If they make a sci fi cod, it will get owned by the other great sci fi shooters out there.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:28 pm

COD is the new madden
Back to top Go down
ghost23

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 6:08 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
IGn has posted that a internet scource has confirmed that the sledgehammer developer is working on a Cod sci fi.Another thing that backs this up is a few months ago Activision bought the right to have "Future Warfare" "Space Warfare" and sometthing else for their games titles.

If they make a sci fi cod, it will get owned by the other great sci fi shooters out there.

Seems like they are going after Halo now, whos side are you gonna take Arbiteris?
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:05 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I agree.Though MW2's story telling sucked(the mission breifings could be so confusing when you first play it), the plot itself was good.Some good plot twists too.

You guys who think COD has a good story, really need to pick up a book.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:42 pm

Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I've probably read more books in the past 3 months than you have in the last 3 years. On a video game medium, it has a pretty good story. You can't compare books to video games.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:37 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Pickles wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:

I've probably read more books in the past 3 months than you have in the last 3 years. On a video game medium, it has a pretty good story. You can't compare books to video games.

I think you can start comparing them these days. Games like Heavy Rain and Mass Effect have stories which are on the same level as novels.
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:22 am

these games get very boring, very quickly for me especially the multiplayer. not just call of duty but most first person shooters. i try to get into them but i just cant see what makes them so appealing for people to play for a year until the next one comes out. the multiplayer especally is really boring, shoot, camp, shoot, run, camp, snipe is all i see in these overhyped franchises. i think the only game that changed my opinion slightly was bad company 2 and that got boring after a while.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:12 am

ghost23 wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

Seems like they are going after Halo now, whos side are you gonna take Arbiteris?

Halo of course.CoD is the best modern shooter out there but when it comes to sci fi?Ptffff its gonna get owned
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New Cod next Year Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Cod next Year   New Cod next Year Empty

Back to top Go down

New Cod next Year
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next