This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Call Of Duty Black Ops Review

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Pein
Four Star General (Moderator)
Pein

Call Of Duty Black Ops Review Empty
PostSubject: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 4:03 pm

THE STORY
i don't want to spoil anything but its going to be hard.so the story is set during the cold war and its about some russian named dragovich and he tries to destory usa by launching a biochemical weapon called nova 6,its basically a gas that makes your skin dark and it basically looks like they melt your body..pretty fucked up stuff..now you play as alex mason and another character which his name is hudson and they need to stop dragovich and his right hand man kravchenko and the scientist that made nova 6 named steiner ( nazi scientist that was taken by the red army during ww2)
the story surprisingly has twists a lot..if you played WaW,someone will appear and also someone will die.you wont guess who it is but its someone in the russian campaign,actually both of them are from the russian campaign..i might spoiled this but whatever..the story is amazing with over the top moments and theres a HUGE twist at the end.some people might figure it out before the story reaches that point but its a big TWIST.its almost as the twist in MW2 and probably everyone knows it by now.the story has awesome set-pieces probably the best moments in any cod game i have ever played and i think the story is way superior than the MW2 one.now the negative thing is that the twist might be seen from a mile away by some people and the story is short.its longer than mw2 but its still short,not to mention sometimes its boring when they talk a lot before the mission starts

so for the story

THE GRAPHICS
now the graphics are mother fucking amazing in my opinion..this is where call of duty always works the best.the enviroments,the details,the animations,the explosions everything looks amazing..i didnt found anything wrong about this game at all.everything looks amazing.
the character models look stunning,the lighting effects are breathtaking and everything about it looks spectacular and i havent found a fault

so for the graphics

THE GAMEPLAY
now this is mixed opinion..if you don't like cod gameplay,this will do very little to change your opinion,but if you like or love the gameplay you will love or like this one too,the main core is shooting russians and other enemies,theres also zombies in this one which there are 3 maps.the first map is in a nazi theater,the second one is in the pentagon and the third one isn't revealed yet but from what i saw its outside and it looks like a park or somesort..
NOW! the multiplayer..is it good? well from what i played i think it is better than mw2 online SO FAR!! the weapons are balanced most of the time and THANK GOD it doesnt have nuke nor AC130!! and ALSO in mw2 you can get new killstreaks by getting kills from previous killstreaks but in this one you have to shoot with your guns to get the killstreaks.i think so far the online is solid and gun game is epic,there are still campers but so far the game's online is good,the only negative thing about the online is the MOTHERFUCKING RC-XD..that piece of shit pisses me off a lot..you are just running and theres always someone activating that shit and gangraping you from behind..
but other than that.i think the online is good so far

so for the gameplay

FUN FACTOR
well i think i had a lot of fun with black ops..its a pretty good game..WAY better than mw2 in my opinion..the story makes sense this time,awesome set-pieces,awesome zombie maps and weapons and the online is addicting and pretty good,GUN GAME IS EPCI!!!!!
in the end..i think if you dont like cod.this probably wont change your mind but if you love cod..this game is amazing for you

so for the fun factor
10.0 simply because the story is amazing and you will keep replaying it,the zombies are kick-ass and the online is fun which you will be playing this a lot

FINAL SCORE:COD BLACK OPS GETS A..
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:06 pm

I watched like 2 or 3 missions on youtube.One of them took place in what seems to be a prison.So far after watching the campaign it looks really fun and action packed.The story also seems interesting.

Though I wouldnt give the graphics a 10/10.They dont look that much different from MW2 and even then cooD's graphics arent awesome.they are good, but not like KZ or GoW or crysis's graphics.Nothing breathtaking

Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 6:29 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
I watched like 2 or 3 missions on youtube.One of them took place in what seems to be a prison.So far after watching the campaign it looks really fun and action packed.The story also seems interesting.

Though I wouldnt give the graphics a 10/10.They dont look that much different from MW2 and even then cooD's graphics arent awesome.they are good, but not like KZ or GoW or crysis's graphics.Nothing breathtaking

play the game you will see..its different than mw2..trust me i have played mw2 countless times and black ops its different.and yes the mission in the prison is the second mission in the game and its very awesome
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 07, 2010 7:15 pm

Don't think you should have given a 10 for graphics. A 10 implies that it is top of the industry for graphics and I highly doubt it could compete with games like God of War 3 or Crysis 2.

Last edited by ghost23 on Sat Nov 13, 2010 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 9:37 am

ghost23 wrote:
Don't think you should have given a 10 for graphics. A 10 implies that it is top of the industry for graphics and I highly doubt it could compete with games like God of War 3 of Crysis 2.
well in my opinion it looks amazing and thats why i gave it a ten..i never meant that it can top gow3 or crysis 1 or 2..but i don't see any flaw with the graphics so im gonna give it a 10..
Back to top Go down
optimusprime
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
optimusprime

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:47 am

ghost23 wrote:
Don't think you should have given a 10 for graphics. A 10 implies that it is top of the industry for graphics and I highly doubt it could compete with games like God of War 3 of Crysis 2.

its his opinion tho
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 12:38 am

We just rented the game off Gamefly a couple days ago, and it just arrived in the mail today (I think one of my mom's friends are borrowing it), I have not had a chance to play it because I don't even know if my 360 will read that disc (because it hasn't lately).
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 1:59 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:
We just rented the game off Gamefly a couple days ago, and it just arrived in the mail today (I think one of my mom's friends are borrowing it), I have not had a chance to play it because I don't even know if my 360 will read that disc (because it hasn't lately).

Does your mom play video games and does she order from gamefly? If not why the hell would you let one of her friends borrow it?
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 2:38 am

FullMetalKendo wrote:

off topic dude
Back to top Go down
GrandMasterZillah
Seaman
Seaman
GrandMasterZillah

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 11:25 am

I wouldn't give it a 10 for graphics, BlkOps graphics aren't touching God Of War 3's or Gears 2's.

However, this game is fun as hell.

And wait, WHO PLAYS THE CAMPAIGN?! LULZ. NOOB.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:00 pm

NobleSix wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

off topic dude
LMAO never mind. It turns out she put it in her room, so no none of her friends rented it. Anyway back on topic good review. The game itself is INSANELY fun. I agree with Elpresador, Treyarch has beastified this game. Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
ghana6
Seaman
Seaman
ghana6

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 1:13 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

off topic dude
LMAO never mind. It turns out she put it in her room, so no none of her friends rented it. Anyway back on topic good review. The game itself is INSANELY fun. I agree with Elpresador, Treyarch has beastified this game. Shocked
why dont u just buy instead of rent?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 6:22 pm

I had a lot of fun with this campaign, and the zombies is awesome. And the multiplayer isnt broken, great game.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:48 pm

great review but gameplay should should be a 8.5 and overall should be a 9.0
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyMon Nov 15, 2010 8:52 pm

Scolar Visari wrote:

Well gameplay is debatable. I really like CoD gameplay, its addicting. Although it has been the same for the past 3 CoD's.
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 12:16 pm

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:

Well gameplay is debatable. I really like CoD gameplay, its addicting. Although it has been the same for the past 3 CoD's.

exactly it has been the same for 3 games so it should be brought down. If they added more to it then it would be a nine. Also have you noticed that the graphics look somewhat worse than MW2's graphics online.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyTue Nov 16, 2010 5:28 pm

GrandMasterZillah wrote:
I wouldn't give it a 10 for graphics, BlkOps graphics aren't touching God Of War 3's or Gears 2's.

However, this game is fun as hell.

And wait, WHO PLAYS THE CAMPAIGN?! LULZ. NOOB.

True. Though generally you need to be a bit more lenient when it comes to the graphics of first person shooters because you know, you're closer to the environment.
But in this case, yes I believe you're correct.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:11 pm

I'd lower the fun factor because every single Call of Duty has fun factor. MW2 sucked ass, but we all still loved it because it had this undescribable fun factor. Heck, even Wii Sports has a fun factor. An extreme fun factor requires innovation. What does BlOps bring to the table other than Wager match, which is fun but still not enough? Probably a 8.8.

Also, gameplay deserves a 9.5. Call of Duty is the most arcade-y game ever. Not broken, don't fix it.
Back to top Go down
Ihsahn
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 9:23 pm

Haha I love that you guys are trying to debate with the OP about his opinion. You can't really tell him to lower scores =P
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 pm

LOL just suggestions. fueling conversation Very Happy
Back to top Go down
sxyness2themax
Seaman Recruit

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:09 pm

BlackCowsOnIce wrote:
I'd lower the fun factor because every single Call of Duty has fun factor. MW2 sucked ass, but we all still loved it because it had this undescribable fun factor. Heck, even Wii Sports has a fun factor. An extreme fun factor requires innovation. What does BlOps bring to the table other than Wager match, which is fun but still not enough? Probably a 8.8.

Also, gameplay deserves a 9.5. Call of Duty is the most arcade-y game ever. Not broken, don't fix it.
not broken, dont fix it, MILK IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! yep
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyWed Jan 19, 2011 10:13 pm

You have to remember CoD is an FPS. There's not much you can do to gameplay for FPSs once you establish a series. What do you think they CAN do? Hardmode: no jetpacks.
Back to top Go down
Hieldjiv

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyMon Jan 31, 2011 11:22 pm

I can't buy any more Call of Duty.

It's turning to trash.

I just wish Call of Duty would go to hell with the rest of Activisions excrement.
Back to top Go down
BlackCowsOnIce
Petty Officer 2nd Class
Petty Officer 2nd Class
BlackCowsOnIce

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 6:25 pm

Innovation isn't even the problem anymore. BlOps brought a more deep zombie mode, Wager Match, CoDPoints, and a new setting. It's the reused engine, the rehashed gameplay, the fact that, at the core it's still the same game. At the core, it's still a casual, no-skill child magnet, at the core, no matter how many tactical modes you have, the main objective will be 'shewt duh enemees'. BlOps still feels too much like MW2, which feels too much like MW1, and WaW was just crap.

Hopefully Raven Software can bring us a multiplayer that will allow the 2 percent of gamers that haven't declared never to purchase another CoD no matter when or how they will fix the shit the series' is in now to actually like.

I don't care; I still won't buy it. Probably will be too caught up with Crysis 2 and Red Orchestra 2.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review EmptyTue Feb 01, 2011 11:47 pm

The game is cool. Bad thing is I CANT FUCKING GET THE STUPID MAP PACK CAUSE DLC IS ONLY ON ONE ACCOUNT!!!!!!
Actually, thats not a problem. Thats just a fault of shitbox 360.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Call Of Duty Black Ops Review   Call Of Duty Black Ops Review Empty

Back to top Go down

Call Of Duty Black Ops Review
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next