This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed

Go down 
+5
tr3ykilla
M3A7L04F
343_Guilty_Spark
Arbiteris
Blixtstorm
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Blixtstorm
Four Star General (Moderator)
Blixtstorm

Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed Empty
PostSubject: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 5:47 pm

As its time for a new game for this installment, I thought to check this one out.

Assassin's Creed

-Plot (Spoiler Warning)

You as a player take on the role as Altaïr (Arabic: The flying one), well you don't take the roll as him but a "normal" guy called Desmond Miles.
Starting of in a simulation that goes horribly wrong since you don't have the confidence to sustain the memory you are in.
You get pulled out from it and theirs a short brief about this machine your in, the Animus. A machine created to visit DNA-memories from your ancestors. You will get a short Tutorial to get used to the controls of the game.
To get to the memory the corporation that built the Animus you'll need to complete a series of DNA-memories before being able to play it. You will travel across a very small copy of "The Holy Land" and you'll have access to three mayor cities with various difference (Check Gameplay).
Following a red line through the story, choosing any of the missions available for you at the time.
While retrieving the treasure, Altaïr breaks all three tenets of the Assassin's Creed ("Do not harm the innocent," "Be discreet in your work" and "Do not compromise the Brotherhood") within the opening minutes of gameplay to attempt to kill de Sablé, but fails. Upon returning to the Assassins' stronghold at Masyaf and after narrowly defeating a retaliatory attack by the Knights Templar, Al Mualim, leader of the Assassins, demotes Altaïr to an initiate but gives him another chance to rise through the ranks of the Brotherhood. Al Mualim assigns Altaïr the task of assassinating nine key figures across the Holy Land in Jerusalem, Acre and Damascus, to attempt to bring peace between the Crusader and Saracen forces.

Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed Assassins-creed

The Hashassin' ("Order of Assassins") main rivals are the Templar Knights, your master makes sure for you to know that they are bad and you are good, even if you take some lives. But as the story progresses, you will see a big change in thoughts from Altaïr, as most of the Templars he's set out to kill does not regret their wicked deeds. As you solve more clues to this puzzle, you will start realize that all victims of your blades are a part of something your master doesn't want you to know.
Spoiler:
Altaïr will solve this as you get to the last mission, and your about to slay your nemesis Robert de Sablé, Grand Master of the Teutonic Order. As you kill him in battle he will tell you an secret, that you won't forget.
But the game isn't over yet, but as you get back to Mas'yaf (Your home fortress) to see the true reason for your masters missions.
Spoiler:
As the game comes to and end and returns from the Animus, you will see writing on the walls, Spoilers for the next games perhaps, or just common gibberish.

- Gameplay

Assassin's Creed is an "Parkour" styled game as the agile assassin climbs and leaps walls and roofs, somewhat exciting and very well crafted, as every move he makes looks natural. Getting in to frenetic chasing over the roofs as your cover is blown and half the cities guards on your tail, will surely get your pulse raise.
The game has three modes if you like, as your "detection" level increases between them.
The "stealth" mode, you walk as a monk, and hardly get noticed at all (as no one gets suspicious about a white cloaked person with knifes and swords all over his body). The second one is normal, you walk and interact to people as they do to you. Lastly there's the high mode, this is where all the actions begins, everything from free-running to sword-fighting.
Lastly there's always the thing that sets you apart from other people, the "Eagle's vision", a very good thing as you are going in for your kills, as it makes friends from foe and civilians.
Viewpoints, the cities are full of them. Slightly higher buildings that are suitable for climbing, as you get to the top, there will mostly be a board or a plank for you to "synchronize" with the eagles, this adds content to your "GPS".

Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed 224_assassins-creed-screenshots-20070711074349864_normal

Jerusalem: A city filled with various people with different religion, this makes a weird mix as you walk down the street.
Damascus: Full of Islamic people and followers of Sal'adin (spelling varies). Alot of mosques and very good guards.
Acre: Christians fanatics mostly, very nice port to the "Holy Land". A huuuuuuge cathedral in the centre of the city, something all people wants to climb to the top

The game is divided in to parts: First get to the city and locate the assassins bureau. There you will get briefed and suggestions where to start your search for your victims. Secondly is the search for clues, as your not allowed to kill him unless the bureau leader approve your research. You will help fellow Assassins, Pickpocket, Intimidate and Eavesdrop to gather information, this is very repetitive. Thirdly is the kill, you will get a feather from you bureau leader to collect the blood of your victim. But as most of your victims are quite hard to kill with the sword, the easiest way is to use the hidden-blade, when a opportunity is there.

- Graphics

Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed Assassins-creed-21

The game looks stunning, and sometimes unfreaking believable! The colours are rich and very good to capture the "spirit" of being in the medieval ages. The plot and gameplay goes very good to some of the best war movies ever made, Kingdom of Heaven for example, and gives the game an "cinematic" feeling to it. The draw-distance is quite good, but as your are moving around in high speeds most of the times, this doesn't really matter. Architectural designs are directly from blueprints and are base on real buildings, this adds to the "spirit" aswell.

- Sound

Sounds are a big part of the games as you can hear most of the dialogues and sound effects, a very good backroom "chatter" from the various markets adds a big effect to the game. Music big part of the game to create the atmosphere of Assassin's Creed.

- Replayability

This game is a very good game, its also quite short and most people will spend up to 15 hours of gameplay in to it, so I recommend renting it instead of buying it, even if its a very good an cheap game nowadays. It will be amazingly fun to play it the first time, as the experience is like no other game; the plot, the gameplay and random stuff that makes you go: OHH!!! YEAH!! Razz

- Achivements

The achivements are not to hard in this game, but certainly nothing you will do in just one swoop, as most of them are "grinding", for example collecting flags, killing templars and jumping of a cliff for like 100 times. If you are going to try to get flags or templars, get a website up and check the flags you have taken, then you'll don't end up like me, 99/100 flags in Damascus...
There are some achievements that require you to see before starting the game, for example to talk to Lucy or seeing every "glitch".

That should summarize it all... I think...

Last edited by Blixtstorm on Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Blixtstorm
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:10 pm

Great Reveiw.Did you know those symbols on the walls at the end actually promote the 1012 doomsday theory.Well,thats what the vids on youtube say.I dont beleive in the 2012 Crap.
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:16 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Great Reveiw.Did you know those symbols on the walls at the end actually promote the 1012 doomsday theory.Well,thats what the vids on youtube say.I dont beleive in the 2012 Crap.

I have watched some videos of it, but never some doomsday....
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 6:18 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

I have watched some videos of it, but never some doomsday....

Go on youtube and search"assasins creed ending meaning"or"Assasins creed anding theory".You will see many vids based on it.
Back to top Go down
343_Guilty_Spark
343_Guilty_Spark

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyTue Oct 20, 2009 9:15 pm

Well done review.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bungie.net
M3A7L04F
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
M3A7L04F

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyWed Oct 21, 2009 3:04 am

Good Review, I liked Assassins Creed
Back to top Go down
http://NextGenWalkthroughs.com
tr3ykilla
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
tr3ykilla

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyFri Oct 23, 2009 9:23 pm

great graphics, but the gameplay tends to get allitle boring at times
Back to top Go down
spartan225
Force Master Chief Petty Officer
Force Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptyMon Dec 21, 2009 8:13 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Neither do I.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 pm

Can't beleive I never read this. Reviving topics isn't so serious in the review section is it? Razz
It's a great review! I agree with everything you said pretty much and the fact that you didn't include scores means that I can't criticise Smile
I loved AC1, I wanted it for years when I first heard of it's announcement. Years before I'd owned an Xbox 360. I only just got it like under a year ago but to my disappointment after completion I just never could be bothered to return to it. I still prefer it to AC2.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:27 am

DemonWolf wrote:
Can't beleive I never read this. Reviving topics isn't so serious in the review section is it? Razz
It's a great review! I agree with everything you said pretty much and the fact that you didn't include scores means that I can't criticise Smile
I loved AC1, I wanted it for years when I first heard of it's announcement. Years before I'd owned an Xbox 360. I only just got it like under a year ago but to my disappointment after completion I just never could be bothered to return to it. I still prefer it to AC2.

you dont own ac2..
what are you saying? lmao
but still great review..eventhough i havent seen this one
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:34 am

First time I played AC 1 I was blown away. The game mechanics were so fun I'd literally just F doing the missions and look for something tall to climb XD Can't wait for AC: Brotherhood.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 7:36 am

NobleSix wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

you dont own ac2..
I played loads of AC2 at a friend's house. I have no need to own it as I think it pales in comparison with the first despite slightly improved gameplay overall.

Stoney wrote:
First time I played AC 1 I was blown away. The game mechanics were so fun I'd literally just F doing the missions and look for something tall to climb XD Can't wait for AC: Brotherhood.

Yeah lol but I got straight on with the missions because they all involved climbing anyway Razz
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 8:31 am

DemonWolf wrote:
NobleSix wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

you dont own ac2..
I played loads of AC2 at a friend's house. I have no need to own it as I think it pales in comparison with the first despite slightly improved gameplay overall.

Stoney wrote:

Yeah lol but I got straight on with the missions because they all involved climbing anyway Razz

ok then..why do you prefer ac1 over ac2?
ac1 was a great game..but wayy to repetitive and its boring..the only good things that i think that ac1 has over ac2 is the main character.
i prefer altair over ezio and that you can replay missions..
but ac brotherhood will have the option to replay the missions and ezio seems way more badass in ac brotherhood.
so for me those things will be fixed..
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:23 pm

To answer Andrej, Assassin's Creed had the period set to "AWESOME!"

While AC2 has the period set to "MEH...."

TBH I think that AC1 was the better game just from this single thing, you see. The assassins was writen in history from this age, and you could find infromation about them. Making the story more plausible = more fun.

Yes, AC2 is the better game, however. Ezio is a nutsack as a assassin, while Altaïr is a total bas-ass in every respect.

Ezio, comes from the greek word Aetos meaning Eagle.

Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad means, Flying One - Son of None.

adn the Flying one FTW! Razz
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 1:43 pm

Blixtstorm wrote:
To answer Andrej, Assassin's Creed had the period set to "AWESOME!"

While AC2 has the period set to "MEH...."

TBH I think that AC1 was the better game just from this single thing, you see. The assassins was writen in history from this age, and you could find infromation about them. Making the story more plausible = more fun.

Yes, AC2 is the better game, however. Ezio is a nutsack as a assassin, while Altaïr is a total bas-ass in every respect.

Ezio, comes from the greek word Aetos meaning Eagle.

Altaïr ibn-La'Ahad means, Flying One - Son of None.

adn the Flying one FTW! Razz

i have to agree about the altair vs ezio thing..
but the assassins were writen in history from that age but they continue the story..and in brotherhood..ezio makes a secret brotherhood.
oh and please don't tell me that the renaissance is not as good as the 3rd crusade?
the setting in assassins creed was bland and it was boring..while the renaissance in italy had awesome architectures..the towns were more lively and everything looked better..not to mention that every location was different in ac2..while in assassins creed 1
damascus and jerusalem were almost the same.the only different location was acre and thats it..
Back to top Go down
Blixtstorm
Blixtstorm

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed EmptySun Oct 31, 2010 2:31 pm

Crusades pwn Renaissance!

Everyone was gay during the renaissance Razz

As for the city architectures of towns and buildings... Progress in buildings and architectures... Off-course it looks better!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed   Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed Empty

Back to top Go down

Blixtstorm reviews, Assassin's Creed
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: User Created :: Game Reviews-
Jump to: