This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters

Go down 
+7
Stigma
Noelol
DemonWolf
ghost23
Boba_Fett
Arbiteris
Inuboy1000
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters Empty
PostSubject: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:45 pm

I have noticed something. When it comes down to it, the 360 excels at having the best and most diverse lineup of shooting games, and mostly the PS3 versions of those shooters have been inferior. I own Bioshock 2 for PS3 (for personal reasons), and its great but definitely I can tell is not the best version. The PS3 unlike the 360, has the most diverse lineup of "Unique" Japanese games. Such as RPGs, which I love JRPGs personally. I have found a lot more JRPGs on the PS3 than the Xbox, probably due to companies such as NIS America, Atlus, etc. I do like shooters now a lot more than when I was a kid, but I gotta admit both have stuff I want. But whenever I see an FPS on PS3, I usually think to myself "Go fuck yourself" XD. Any comment?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 12:57 pm

Dude, 360 owns ps3 when it comes to RPG's.JRPG's are dead or dying this generation...

This is certainly a kedno thread
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:32 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Dude, 360 owns ps3 when it comes to RPG's.JRPG's are dead or dying this generation...

The 360's best RPG I can think of was Mass Effect.

But was is the keyword
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 2:50 pm

Arbiteris wrote:

...... JRPGs = WRPGs, but I did give the 360 a lot of credit. Because shooters are definitely better on the Xbox.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:22 pm

JRPG's are irrelevant to gaming these days.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 4:46 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
Arbiteris wrote:

The 360's best RPG I can think of was Mass Effect.

But was is the keyword

Mass Effect is exclusive. Only the next Mass Effect games are coming to ps3. But ME1 was a better rpg than ME2 anyway (not necessarily better game as a whole) so the same goes.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 5:36 pm

And not to mention that the shmups are coming to 360. Alot of them.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:25 pm

NoelX2 wrote:
And not to mention that the shmups are coming to 360. Alot of them.
but oblivion!!!!
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 6:42 pm

How the hell are JRPGs unique? Unique is like Heavy Rain or Deadly Premonition.

In terms of general Japanese exclusive JRPG or "animeish" games there are, available in the US, at the top of my head, that are somewhat decent, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Magna Carta 2, Infinite Undiscovery, Tales of Vesperia, Deathsmiles, and Last Remnant for the 360. The PS3 has Folklore, Disgaea 3, Valkyria Chronicles, Alteir Ro--whatever it was called, and Demon's Souls (which barely fits the criteria). Am I missing some? And really, I'm being generous, half of these games suck to begin with.

And Atlus has published more games for 360 than PS3 -.-

If you wanna play "unique Japanese Games", then buy a Wii or DS. You'll get shit with the 360 or PS3.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:16 pm

The 360 beats the PS3 in JRPGs, but like Stigma said, the Wii and DS are better for that (as is the PS2).

As for shooters, when you think about it, doesn't the PS3 have more shooter franchises? There's Halo and Gears of War on the 360, and Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, SOCOM, and Warhawk (which most likely will get a sequel called Starhawk) on the PS3. That being said, I'd still rather play Halo and Gears of War over any of the PS3 shooters.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyMon Nov 08, 2010 11:39 pm

TRF wrote:
The 360 beats the PS3 in JRPGs, but like Stigma said, the Wii and DS are better for that (as is the PS2).

As for shooters, when you think about it, doesn't the PS3 have more shooter franchises? There's Halo and Gears of War on the 360, and Killzone, Resistance, Uncharted, SOCOM, and Warhawk (which most likely will get a sequel called Starhawk) on the PS3. That being said, I'd still rather play Halo and Gears of War over any of the PS3 shooters.

Uncharted isn't really counted as a shooter, not in my mind at least. Halo and Gears absolutely destroy all the shooters on the PS3 put together.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:03 am

ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Uncharted isn't really counted as a shooter, not in my mind at least. Halo and Gears absolutely destroy all the shooters on the PS3 put together.
I count it as a third-person shooter with platforming elements. It's got over-the-shoulder aiming, multiplayer, a cover system, etc. It's just got a much looser control scheme compared to most third-person shooters. Yeah, I agree with Halo and Gears beating the PS3 shooters, although I prefer Uncharted's story over Halo and Gears (hate Halo's, think Gears's is decent).
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:38 am

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

I count it as a third-person shooter with platforming elements. It's got over-the-shoulder aiming, multiplayer, a cover system, etc. It's just got a much looser control scheme compared to most third-person shooters. Yeah, I agree with Halo and Gears beating the PS3 shooters, although I prefer Uncharted's story over Halo and Gears (hate Halo's, think Gears's is decent).

That is because you are a noob and dont know a good story when you see one Razz
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 11:46 am

TRF wrote:
ghost23 wrote:
TRF wrote:

okay then. But then mass effect is a shooter with rpg elements. Alan wake is a shooter but a horror one! And fable has shooting as well! So count fable on 360s list! And metro 2033, frontlines, splinter cell conviction, left 4 dead, gears, halo

ah 360 wins Razz
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Inuboy1000

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 12:16 pm

To be honest I believe all those Sony first party exclusive shooters suck. I have played Resistance, Killzone 2 (controls are awful), and Uncharted. All of them did not impress me at all. When I say unique games I am usually referring to games that not a lot of people play (stuff like Valkyria Chronicles, Atelier Rorona, and Disgaea).
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 1:36 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
To be honest I believe all those Sony first party exclusive shooters suck. I have played Resistance, Killzone 2 (controls are awful), and Uncharted. All of them did not impress me at all. When I say unique games I am usually referring to games that not a lot of people play (stuff like Valkyria Chronicles, Atelier Rorona, and Disgaea).

Uncharted didn't impress me either but you have to admit that those games are all really decent. I think Resistance is awesome. Just because it's on the other system it doesn't mean you have to bash it. And I'd take Killzone or Resistance over Disgaea, Atelier and Valkyria Chronicles any day!
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters   PS3 for Unique Japanese Games, 360 for Shooters EmptyTue Nov 09, 2010 4:14 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
FullMetalKendo wrote:

Uncharted didn't impress me either but you have to admit that those games are all really decent. I think Resistance is awesome. Just because it's on the other system it doesn't mean you have to bash it. And I'd take Killzone or Resistance over Disgaea, Atelier and Valkyria Chronicles any day!

I'm all for people giving other genres a chance, but Atelier is just plain horrible looking. It's a game for girls. Razz Oh and this fool UltimateGeneral had the audacity to flame anyone for playing Halo Reach, because it is "gay and my wife would leave me if she caught me playing it" , I bet he got divorced not to long after he made this video. Laughing