This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

CliffyB on Heavy Rain

Go down 
+3
DemonWolf
ghost23
ZeInFormer
7 posters
AuthorMessage
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

CliffyB on Heavy Rain Empty
PostSubject: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 2:03 am

Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)

PostSubject: Re: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 3:10 am

LOL. I love developers who speak their mind freely, it bring a great aspect to this industry
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 6:51 am

Wth, it's not for girls. Only the beginning where you shower Ethan Razz
But no way, it's just a not very commonly appreciated genre. There's no reason girls would prefer it to males...
I think the game's better than a lot of the typical male-aimed games out there (eg: Gears).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

PostSubject: Re: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 7:58 am

He doesn't mean its a game for girls, he's saying girls love murder/mystery stories....
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain EmptyWed Nov 10, 2010 8:08 am

I thought the article was Cliffy B. talking smack, but he's actually right. That being said, Heavy Rain did pretty well regardless, especially considering that it's a niche title.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

PostSubject: Re: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 3:05 am

Stoney wrote:
He doesn't mean its a game for girls, he's saying girls love murder/mystery stories....

I thought girls love stories about vampires sucking cock and not blood.

Of course, I could be wrong...

Or...it could be because when you watch someone play a game like Call Of Duty it gets boring as fuck. Heavy Rain is a lot like a movie with QTEs(from what I've seen on YouTube) so it's not just watching a guy gun down lots of foreigners in COD for an hour.

It's why it's not boring when you're watching a movie with a friend but it's so when you're watching your friend killing lots of aleins.

So yeah...
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:48 am

My girlfriend really got into the story after watching me play it. But she had no desire to pick up the controller herself. Same thing with Uncharted 2.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CliffyB on Heavy Rain   CliffyB on Heavy Rain Empty

Back to top Go down

CliffyB on Heavy Rain
Page 1 of 1