This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.



 
HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

 

 Proposition to Open Registration.

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:28 pm

Lately, this forum has been coughing blood.

Why?

The registration is closed so there are barely any new members.

We need to reopen so that this Forum can LIVE.

Which brings us to a problem once we reopen. /v/ will come back and try to raid us....again.

So I guess this is another proposition: Get rid of the Console War section.

That's the reason /v/ raided us in the first place, they didn't raid us for the lulz, they raided us because they're moralfags and they think what we're doing is wrong.

And you know what? I agree with them. We post threads praising our console while belittling the competition. We post threads giving the impression that our opinions mean more than everybody else's, just like the other fanboys.We're obnoxious but like calling others such. We are religious extremists. We are part of the reason why the internet sucks.

Even if they do raid us, all we can do is ignore them and ban them. No fucking feeding them like they're the homeless( yeah, I know I fed them too). That's all you can do against a troll: starve him. Don't even attempt to own him, because that's what he wants. If you press the enter button after writing a comeback he automatically wins. He's looking for a response, any response.

So...yeah. We can either keep this ghost town or let other people join and let our community grow.

Any1 wit m3 gaiz?

Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 9:44 pm

It has to open sometime, otherwise the forum will die a slow death.
Back to top Go down
Inuboy1000
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Inuboy1000

Posts : 681
Join date : 2010-07-15
Age : 26
Location : None of Your Business!

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:23 pm

Maybe. Though like most trolls they could go onto other topics and other sections. But good proposition. We need to open registration again.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/Inuboy1000z
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class


Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-07-14

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 10:58 pm

Yup i'm agree
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

Posts : 2259
Join date : 2010-01-28
Location : Canada

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:08 pm

I agree. We need more peeps in this forum.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:40 pm

Aksys wrote:
I agree. We need more peeps in this forum.

What was your old username? Because I have no idea who you are.

As for the registration, it would be good if it could open but we would probably need more mods if it were to open again.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyThu Nov 11, 2010 11:53 pm

ghost23 wrote:
Aksys wrote:
I agree. We need more peeps in this forum.

What was your old username? Because I have no idea who you are.

As for the registration, it would be good if it could open but we would probably need more mods if it were to open again.

He's Noel.

Not trying to sound eager, but I don't think I'd be a bad one.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:26 am

Hmm, I agree we should take our chances again and open registration but remove the console war section? I don't know about that...
If Mld could like open registration for like one hour at a time just 1 to 3 times a day, that would be awesome. But if he's not there perhaps we need another person with that kind of admin ability, so if Mld is away and the trolls come it can easily be closed again.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.
Chief Petty Officer
Chief Petty Officer
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Posts : 371
Join date : 2010-03-08
Age : 33
Location : Chernobyl NPP, Ukraine

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:53 am

I always thought the 'PS3 Nation' was the PS3 equivalent of the XBR.

However when I went on thier site they had alot of rules calling for impartiality on topics and they really seem to shun fanboyish behaviour.

Although the same points can't always be said about this place so maybe Pickles has a good point here.
Back to top Go down
Stoney
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Stoney

Posts : 2812
Join date : 2009-11-03
Age : 31
Location : In the gutter

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 9:50 am

Open it.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Arbiteris

Posts : 5064
Join date : 2009-09-15
Location : Sanghelios

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 11:14 am

Dont open it because when they do find out they will never give up.And I garentee you that they will find out sooner or later.Not to mention its us mods who have to clean up the mess.

So in the end we will probally accomplish nothing
Back to top Go down
Cylon8472
Seaman
Seaman
Cylon8472

Posts : 48
Join date : 2010-11-10
Age : 33
Location : Canada

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 1:33 pm

I want to be truly honest with you all. In return I hope waht I say will be considered without persicution.

I once joined this forum before in the atempt to be open minded while at the same time give my honest opinion on a subject. But 3 posts after joining I was banned for (as the reason staits in the page) Flaming. I was Banned for posting a list of inovative things I had thought playstation had done. (I still honestly beleve they do apply) My username back then was "shagohod".

On that note I am well aware of ppl who try to deffend playstation in all the wrong ways. so I just want to say that I will do my utmost to have an open mind while I interact with others here. I want you all to know that I do support the playstaion but I don't Hate Xbox. I used to own an origonal Xbox untill 2 months ago. I want to be able to talk to ppl from both sides so that I can understand where you come from.

I may post my opinion once in a while but I will be objective of the situation. Please consider what I have just said.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Cylon8472 wrote:
I want to be truly honest with you all. In return I hope waht I say will be considered without persicution.

I once joined this forum before in the atempt to be open minded while at the same time give my honest opinion on a subject. But 3 posts after joining I was banned for (as the reason staits in the page) Flaming. I was Banned for posting a list of inovative things I had thought playstation had done. (I still honestly beleve they do apply) My username back then was "shagohod".

On that note I am well aware of ppl who try to deffend playstation in all the wrong ways. so I just want to say that I will do my utmost to have an open mind while I interact with others here. I want you all to know that I do support the playstaion but I don't Hate Xbox. I used to own an origonal Xbox untill 2 months ago. I want to be able to talk to ppl from both sides so that I can understand where you come from.

I may post my opinion once in a while but I will be objective of the situation. Please consider what I have just said.

Hey, well we've banned so many people in the past though over time we've matured a lot and allow open-mindedness, though not direct 360 bashing or flaming/arguing with other members. Because primarily, or for the most part this is a forum for 360 preferring people (though we do have quite a few people who like both but prefer ps3) and so it seems to be pointless for someone who dislikes 360 to be on such a forum. But yeah, we'll not ban you again unless you do break any of the rules (which can be found in the Rules and Regulations section).
So welcome back. Wink
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:37 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
Dont open it because when they do find out they will never give up.And I garentee you that they will find out sooner or later.Not to mention its us mods who have to clean up the mess.

So in the end we will probally accomplish nothing

Ignore them. It's so simple yet it's so incredibly hard to do for most people.

Besides, it's not like they're being subtle about it.

Open it.
Back to top Go down
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 3:41 pm

FullMetalKendo wrote:
Maybe. Though like most trolls they could go onto other topics and other sections. But good proposition. We need to open registration again.

They've only been to the Console War section from what I've remembered.

Other than that, there's not much they can do in the other sections without being painfully obvious.
Back to top Go down
TheSnape
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
TheSnape

Posts : 216
Join date : 2010-08-16
Age : 26
Location : UK

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 5:52 pm

I agree. Reopening registration seems like a very good idea. Although you do have a lot of members (1300+ last time I checked). Still, it's best to prevent your forum coughing up blood when possible.

Quote :
Get rid of the Console War section.


Hmm..........

Good idea. I've looked through your arguments; they seem sound enough. Anyway, the Console War section reminds us of a phase we left behind ages ago. A phase which brings a smile to my lips... sometimes.

Nevertheless, we must change. We have no more need of this section, and it's attracting trolls like wildfire.
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

Posts : 672
Join date : 2010-03-18

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 6:10 pm

I think Pickles is right. The console wars is pretty much over now. There's no reason for this section anymore other then to start flame wars and attract trolls.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Posts : 9104
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 27
Location : UK? Yes I'm fine.

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 8:36 pm

If the console war section is to be removed can We keep it until the 24th so that I can laugh at gran turismo 5 a bit longer? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
Guest
Guest



Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:20 pm

I agree with pickles.

Oh and arby, just an idea that might work, you could make more mods.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

Posts : 2309
Join date : 2009-12-01
Location : US

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:31 pm

Right this place should go down, I'm sick of new threads of some dude posting a video on what some other dude said to some other dude.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptyFri Nov 12, 2010 10:40 pm

Pickles if you're keen about this, talk to MLD about it.
Back to top Go down
GeneralMLD
Five Star General (Admin)
Five Star General (Admin)
GeneralMLD

Posts : 1548
Join date : 2009-09-05
Age : 32
Location : Canada

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 1:09 am

he console war is actually coming back

ive noticed a surge in ps3 fanboy balls due to the gap being only 3 million

they act as if they are now magically in second..............

_________________
It is more then possible to combine fanboyism with logic and reason. Know your own console, and know your competition. Most importantly, side with the console that isn't last place Smile

X Cellence 4 Life.
Back to top Go down
https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com
Pickles
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Chief Warrant Officer 4
Pickles

Posts : 1189
Join date : 2009-12-01

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 2:06 am

ghost23 wrote:
Pickles if you're keen about this, talk to MLD about it.

I just wanted to know what you guys thought.

We should get a voting poll for this.
Back to top Go down
ghost23
Four Star General (Moderator)
Four Star General (Moderator)


Posts : 3425
Join date : 2009-12-16
Location : Australia

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 7:26 am

GeneralMLD wrote:
he console war is actually coming back

ive noticed a surge in ps3 fanboy balls due to the gap being only 3 million

they act as if they are now magically in second..............

But they never will be. We all know Kinect has more long term success probability than Move.
Back to top Go down
Teckno
Command Master Chief Petty Officer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer


Posts : 596
Join date : 2010-07-27

Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. EmptySat Nov 13, 2010 9:41 am

The Console War section keeps XBR fresh... I disagree with closing it.
Open registration? Hell Ya!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




Proposition to Open Registration. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Proposition to Open Registration.   Proposition to Open Registration. Empty

Back to top Go down
 
Proposition to Open Registration.
Back to top 
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» 29th Andorra Open
» Hasbro "Mega" Toy sale, Homebush
» Limbus Patrum Dojo is now open for new recruit's
» Hot Toys War Machine Revealed Update Heaps o pics in post 2.
» Whats going to happen to Muxxu in about 3 weeks.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Announcements, Rules, and Regulations :: Rules and Regulations-
Jump to: