This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3

Go down 
+21
Ridley's Dad
Mecha
Scolar Visari
Pickles
Jamin
ghana6
Pein
GeneralMLD
DemonWolf
GamerKing
GAYLanced Jack
theone.
Spartan v07
NightFang91
DenEvo
Alan1994
Boba_Fett
TRF
Stigma
Ridley
Shin_Akuma
25 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 Empty
PostSubject: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:11 pm

Last edited by Shin_Akuma on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ridley
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:29 pm

In before this thread gets deleted.

THIS CAN ONLY END IN TEARS
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Four Star General (Moderator)
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:31 pm

I skimmed through the article, all I can say is, retarded. There's been 1 exclusive and 1 console exclusive FPS game this year for it.
Back to top Go down
Ridley
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:33 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
I skimmed through the article, all I can say is, retarded. There's been 1 exclusive and 1 console exclusive FPS game this year for it.
BlackStigma wrote:
console exclusive

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 12822210
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:34 pm

BlackStigma wrote:

Who said anything about exclusives? All the cashcow games for the 360 are shooting games exclusive or not.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:41 pm

Shin_Akuma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Who said anything about exclusives? All the cashcow games for the 360 are FPS games exclusive or not.

Fable III sold over a million in it's first week.

Besides even if it's primary focus are FPS games, which it's not (hell, 360 is getting New Vegas DLC first), how would that drop it to third place? Are European and Japanese sales for the PS3 skyrocket for some reason and the American sales for 360 aren't going to?

@theotherdude
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Console_exclusive
go to a ps3 forum or something
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:42 pm

Well, the 360 does focus on shooters more than any genre. Wait, no, now it's casual games.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:43 pm

TRF wrote:
Well, the 360 does focus on shooters more than any genre. Wait, no, now it's casual games.
lol
Back to top Go down
Ridley
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:48 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

Who said anything about exclusives? All the cashcow games for the 360 are FPS games exclusive or not.

Besides even if it's primary focus are FPS games, which it's not (hell, 360 is getting New Vegas DLC first), how would that drop it to third place? Are European and Japanese sales for the PS3 skyrocket for some reason and the American sales for 360 aren't going to?

@theotherdude

Hold on I just noticed something

Quote :
xXNova AngelXx

Holy goddamn kid, are you 10?
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:48 pm

Laughing

are you blind?
Back to top Go down
Ridley
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:51 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Laughing

are you blind?

No, I mean, the name Nova Angel is enough to make someone over the age of 18 angry, but adding X's in there makes you sound like a fa silly goose.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 8:57 pm

Ridley wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Laughing

are you blind?

No, I mean, the name Nova Angel is enough to make someone over the age of 18 angry, but adding X's in there makes you sound like a fa silly goose.

I made it when I was like 13, now I'm older, it's a bad name, I don't care it's not really important, X's because it wouldn't work without them. But really, making fun of someone's name? That makes you sound retar immature.
Back to top Go down
Boba_Fett
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:06 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

@theotherdude

Can't believe you busted out the wiki. every time i see that website I never take them serious.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:13 pm

Boba_Fett wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

@theotherdude

Can't believe you busted out the wiki. every time i see that website I never take them serious.

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/xbox-360-news-f11/xbox-republic-page-on-wiki-t6363.htm
Smile
Can't insult someone if you use it yourself bro lol.
Back to top Go down
Ridley
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Ridley

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:16 pm

Using Wikipedia as a credible source of information?

Surely you jest!
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:18 pm

Ridley wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
console exclusive

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 12822210

On the contrary it does.

Other than its uses in the nerdsole wars, the exclusive label is used for advertising by publishers, game developers, and even retailers. Beyond this though, there is no meaning to the label for the average gamer. A game is a game, "Only on [insert platform]" is just a silly label that companies use to advertise a specific platform.

PC isn't an official video game console, everyone knows that. Consoles have static hardware throughout it's lifetime. PC's have constantly evolving hardware from different manufactures. Hell, there isn't even a specific OS for PC gaming. Gaming on the PC is an application.

At the end of the L4D2 reveal trailer it said "Coming exclusively to PC and Xbox 360".

It says in the Gamestop description of Splinter Cell Conviction "Coming exclusively to PC and Xbox 360". http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=65497 (product details)

Even SONY of all people used this fancy label with FFXIV.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2010/06/21/e3-interview-final-fantasy-xiv/

"After a short break, our E3 coverage continues now with Final Fantasy XIV. A new trailer was shown at our E3 press conference, which we've included below. After that, our Jaffa Cake-eating colleague dropped by the Square Enix booth for a quick chat on the console-exclusive PS3 edition of this MMORPG."

If the market uses this term, I don't see why it shouldn't be used in the nerdsole wars.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:19 pm

BlackStigma wrote:
Boba_Fett wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:
Shin_Akuma wrote:
BlackStigma wrote:

@theotherdude

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/xbox-360-news-f11/xbox-republic-page-on-wiki-t6363.htm
Smile
Can't insult someone if you use it yourself bro lol.
Difference between putting an article up for fun and using it as a credible source of information . . . which I do . . .
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:20 pm

Ridley wrote:
Using Wikipedia as a credible source of information?

Surely you jest!

I ate peas in a can.

Did I eat peas from a can or did I eat peas while inside a can? A console exclusive is a game which is only on one console. Which is what Metro 2033 is. This is acknowledged by both Sony and Microsoft. Funny thing is, you already know this.

@TRF
Because the only on one console definition is acknowledged by most in the video game industry and even wikipedia. That's the point. Some people however try to use the "other definition" because the term "console exclusive" sounds ambiguous, but it's not.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:24 pm

BS, I bet they'll shut up after reading my post.

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:43 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
BS, I bet they'll shut up after reading my post.

XBOX MUST PREVAIL BABY.
It's still a stupid term.
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:47 pm

Lol, after reading that info all we can infere is that some "analyst" said Damn you Xbox!!! Next Time, Next Time will be your doom!!!...Lol. In all seriousness, the article is a little foot/mouth. That guy says Ps3 is gonna catch Xbox in 2011, while 3 or 4 others say, no it's not. See foot/mouth reference
Back to top Go down
NightFang91
Senior Chief Petty Officer
Senior Chief Petty Officer
NightFang91

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 9:54 pm

Analysts...

"I have long been baffled as to why RTS games don’t work on consoles. I think it is partly because of the nature of the gameplay, it’s single-player and it’s turn-based."

Rolling Eyes

Exactly what kind of diversity is the 360 missing but the PS3 has?
Back to top Go down
DenEvo
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:05 pm

Lol, if 2010 is any indication, The very same games are coming out for both consoles. Forza/ gt5, killzone,resistance/halo,gears, move/kinect...lol, see a pattern here?

Regardless, if PS3 eventually surpasses the 360 in sales no one is gonna care because, most blockbuster games are made with the american audience as a target, so, its a bit ignorant to say, but things will remain the same for the american market, which is the one that actually matters because we actually buy games
Back to top Go down
Spartan v07
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Spartan v07

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:22 pm

DenEvo wrote:
Lol, if 2010 is any indication, The very same games are coming out for both consoles. Forza/ gt5, killzone,resistance/halo,gears, move/kinect...lol, see a pattern here?

Regardless, if PS3 eventually surpasses the 360 in sales no one is gonna care because, most blockbuster games are made with the american audience as a target, so, its a bit ignorant to say, but things will remain the same for the american market, which is the one that actually matters because we actually buy games

that is actually true. if ps3 outsold 360's ltd,360 still has America and ps3 is guaranteed last place in there forever this gen. Also if i were ps3 fanboys i wouldn't say ps3 is going to outsell 360 worldwide,never underestimate Microsoft. I remember in 200 8 it got close and everyone though by 2009 it will happen but MS mad moves. MS will make moves like price cuts and deals to ensure they extend that WW lead.
Back to top Go down
Shin_Akuma
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Shin_Akuma

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 EmptySun Nov 14, 2010 10:37 pm

DenEvo wrote:

https://xboxrepublic.forumotion.com/the-console-war-f1/the-golden-2-points-the-blueprint-to-own-any-ps3-fanboy-t3790.htm

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3   Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Lack of diversity and originality will push 360 below ps3
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next