This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards

Go down 
+12
Pein
Noelol
Yusuke Urameshi
ghost23
Scolar Visari
Stigma
Arbiteris
day walker
theone.
Alan1994
TRF
DemonWolf
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards Empty
PostSubject: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 4:19 pm

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:36 pm

It's not surprising, although I myself wouldn't nominate it for any awards other than maybe "Best Shooter" and "Best Multiplayer".
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 5:57 pm

TRF wrote:
It's not surprising, although I myself wouldn't nominate it for any awards other than maybe "Best Shooter" and "Best Multiplayer".

Lol? What else would you have nominated it for? "BEST PLATFORMER" and "BEST REAL TIME STRATEGY"?
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Lol? What else would you have nominated it for? "BEST PLATFORMER" and "BEST REAL TIME STRATEGY"?
Well it certainly didn't have the best soundtrack of this year, and it certainly wasn't Game of the Year. I wouldn't have nominated any of the voice actors, nor would I have nominated Bungie for Studio of the Year.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:14 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

Well it certainly didn't have the best soundtrack of this year, and it certainly wasn't Game of the Year. I wouldn't have nominated any of the voice actors, nor would I have nominated Bungie for Studio of the Year.

UMAD?

It had an awesome soundtrack. Lone Wolf was awesome.

There is maybe one other soundtrack that could be better and that's Mass Effect 2's.

I don't think any of the voice actors should have been nominated either. They did a great job though,
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:16 pm

Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

UMAD?

There is maybe one other soundtrack that could be better and that's Mass Effect 2's.

I don't think any of the voice actors should have been nominated either. They did a great job though,
I would pick Final Fantasy XIII as having the best soundtrack, maybe Heavy Rain. And the voice acting was decent, but I've heard some better voice acting in a lot of games that weren't nominated for voice acting.
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:35 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

UMAD?

I would pick Final Fantasy XIII as having the best soundtrack, maybe Heavy Rain. And the voice acting was decent, but I've heard some better voice acting in a lot of games that weren't nominated for voice acting.

Halo Reach won't win game of the year.
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 6:37 pm

theassassins wrote:
Well that still leaves Black Ops for a Game of the Year award. I can't have that. If Reach has to (undeservingly) receive the award in order to prevent Black Ops from receiving it, then so be it.
Back to top Go down
day walker
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
day walker

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:46 pm

theassassins wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

UMAD?

as much as i want it too it probably wont Sad but it can win in the other 6 catagories, to me it's the best shooter this year
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 7:57 pm

TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

UMAD!?Halo Reach had an epic soundtrack.Every Halo has an epic soundtrack(yes, even ODST).How does Halo Reach not deserve GOTY?It was a wonderful game.It was much better than Halo 3.Any AAA game can win GOTY and deserve it.

I would also nominate Bungie for listening to us fans.They brought back things that us Halo gamers love.Such as the Halo CE pistol, Blood Gulch and non linear gameplay.

@theassasins

It has as much of a chance as any other game this year
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:01 pm

TRF wrote:
theassassins wrote:
Well that still leaves Black Ops for a Game of the Year award. I can't have that. If Reach has to (undeservingly) receive the award in order to prevent Black Ops from receiving it, then so be it.

Despite the ridiculous number of bugs and glitches, mediocre graphics, crappy framerate, limited soundtrack, and horrible load times, I think Fallout: New Vegas deserves GOTY. I put probably like 120 hours into that game across my save files and got all the achievements. And I still want to play it some more.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:19 pm

Arbiteris wrote:
TRF wrote:
Alan1994 wrote:
TRF wrote:

UMAD!?Halo Reach had an epic soundtrack.Every Halo has an epic soundtrack(yes, even ODST).How does Halo Reach not deserve GOTY?It was a wonderful game.It was much better than Halo 3.Any AAA game can win GOTY and deserve it.

I would also nominate Bungie for listening to us fans.They brought back things that us Halo gamers love.Such as the Halo CE pistol, Blood Gulch and non linear gameplay.

@theassasins

It has as much of a chance as any other game this year

They butchered Blood Gulch you mean. They should have just brought it back, no changes other than HD graphics.

But in my opinion Reach doesn't deserve GOTY, my choice is between RDR and ME2.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:26 pm

Tbh I don't think reach, alan wake, red dead or me2 deserve goty.
In fact I've not seen a single game worthy of goty this year. Bethesda need to make a new elder scrolls now or 2010 will be goty-less.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 8:32 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Tbh I don't think reach, alan wake, red dead or me2 deserve goty.
In fact I've not seen a single game worthy of goty this year. Bethesda need to make a new elder scrolls now or 2010 will be goty-less.

Any Bethesda game is GOTY worthy. But I think RDR is worthy, it had a great story and awesome characters. Same with ME2
Back to top Go down
Scolar Visari
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Petty Officer 3rd Class
Scolar Visari

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyWed Nov 17, 2010 9:21 pm

Reach deserves to be nominated for best multiplayer and that probably it for me (BFBC2 has the better mp). The soundtrack in GOW 3 owns every other game this year, but I guess Reach deserves a nomination in that category as well.
Back to top Go down
ghost23

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:11 am

Reach definitely deserves best multiplayer, best soundtrack and best shooter. Game of the Year will probably go to Mass Effect 2
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 1:17 pm

Scolar Visari wrote:
Reach deserves to be nominated for best multiplayer and that probably it for me (BFBC2 has the better mp). The soundtrack in GOW 3 owns every other game this year, but I guess Reach deserves a nomination in that category as well.
Psh, I think you mean the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack owns every other nominee.
Back to top Go down
Alan1994
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Chief Warrant Officer 3
Alan1994

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:38 pm

Scolar Visari wrote:

LOL

BFBC2 had like 4 multiplayer maps and modes. BEST MULTIPLAYER EVAR.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:02 pm

TRF wrote:
Scolar Visari wrote:
Psh, I think you mean the Red Dead Redemption soundtrack owns every other nominee.

lol really? Red Dead's soundtrack was nothing spectacular. It certainly has nothing on the old western free roam game, Gun's soundtrack. Reach had a good soundtrack, Alan Wake had a pretty good soundtrack. How was Fable 3's soundtrack?

I'd say from what I've seen/played, Reach has the best.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:12 pm

It's either gonna be...

Halo Reach
Black ops
Mario Galaxy 2

THose 3 have the best chances to win.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:29 pm

Yusuke Urameshi wrote:
It's either gonna be...

Halo Reach
Black ops
Mario Galaxy 2

THose 3 have the best chances to win.

Lol no. Not gonna happen.
Back to top Go down
Stigma
Stigma

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 2:35 am

I say it should get best soundtrack and best multiplayer. New Vegas is my GOTY.
Back to top Go down
Noelol
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Lieutenant, Junior Grade
Noelol

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 12:20 pm

Soooo? MASS EFFECT GOT 10!!!!
Back to top Go down
Pein
Pein

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 1:07 pm

mass effect 2 should win game of the year in my opinion
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards EmptyFri Nov 19, 2010 7:10 pm

Mass Effect 2 OWNS every game released in 2010.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards   Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards Empty

Back to top Go down

Reach Nominated For 7 VGA Awards
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next