This is a Xbox 360 fan only forum. If you're not here to root for the home team please find another forum that better suits your taste.

Thank you for your interest,

Xbox Republic Admins

NOTE: If you can't register it may be due to a temporary lockdown. Wait a day or two and we will probably have reopened for new registrations.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
DemonWolf
Four Star General (Moderator)
DemonWolf

Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) Empty
PostSubject: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 2:58 pm

Hey guys Razz
I'm considering getting a wii for my birthday or christmas. I thought about ps3 but nah, I only want Heavy Rain on it really. Once I complete that, then what?

The reason I want a wii is for Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess. I'm tired of waiting for it to go down in price for gamecube, but instead it's just going up in price. And seeing as Skyward Sword is coming out as well, why not spent a little extra and get a whole new system along with LOZTP?

So yeah, I'm not 100% decided yet. I may end up getting Iron Maiden tickets or a guitar instead.
But if I do get a wii, the games I currently want are:

Legend Of Zelda Twilight Princess & next zelda game
Super Smash Bros Brawl
House Of The Dead
Mariokart

But I just want to know what other good games there are on it? Because I'm not exactly brimming with knowledge in terms of the wii's library
Smile

But yeah I repeat, I've not fully made up my mind but if I'm going to buy any system, it's a wii.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/pspvampire
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 3:48 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Madworld
House of the Dead 2 & 3
House of the Dead: Overkill
Wii Sports
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Sonic Colors
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Deadly Creatures
A Boy and His Blob
Klonoa
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Okami

Gamecube games:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Star Fox Adventure
Star Fox Assault
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 7
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Superstar Baseball
Super Mario Strikers
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4
Luigi's Mansion
Eternal Darkness
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Baten Kaitos Origins
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble

This is a big list, so I'll boil it down to my top 5 Wii and GC games:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Okami
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
5. Madworld

1. Super Mario Sunshine
2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Star Fox Adventure
5. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure

I'd recommend skipping Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They're both pretty overrated.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:12 pm

TRF wrote:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Super Mario Galaxy
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Madworld
House of the Dead 2 & 3
House of the Dead: Overkill
Wii Sports
Resident Evil 4: Wii Edition
Sonic Colors
No More Heroes
No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom: Ultimate All-Stars
Deadly Creatures
A Boy and His Blob
Klonoa
Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
Okami

Gamecube games:

Super Smash Bros. Melee
Mario Kart: Double Dash!!
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
The Legend of Zelda: The Four Swords Adventures
Super Mario Sunshine
Star Fox Adventure
Star Fox Assault
Mario Party 4
Mario Party 5
Mario Party 6
Mario Party 7
Mario Power Tennis
Mario Superstar Baseball
Super Mario Strikers
Resident Evil
Resident Evil Zero
Resident Evil 4
Luigi's Mansion
Eternal Darkness
Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean
Baten Kaitos Origins
Viewtiful Joe
Viewtiful Joe 2
Viewtiful Joe: Red Hot Rumble

This is a big list, so I'll boil it down to my top 5 Wii and GC games:

1. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
2. Super Mario Galaxy
3. Okami
4. Super Mario Galaxy 2
5. Madworld

1. Super Mario Sunshine
2. The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
3. Resident Evil 4
4. Star Fox Adventure
5. The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventure

I'd recommend skipping Mario Kart Wii and Super Smash Bros. Brawl. They're both pretty overrated.

Freaking sweet! Very Happy Thanks for putting in so much effort man.
Tbh I've got a lot of those gamecube games but not the top 5 you listed. So I'll have a look at those. This reminds me, I've gotta find my copy of Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time/Majoras Mask for gamecube. I miss that game Sad

And no I really want Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mariokart Wii because I've played them at friend's houses and they're good. Though I was a little disappointed with some changes made to the mariokart formula, eg: the stunts focus on the tracks, it's got some cool new levels.

Thanks again man.
Back to top Go down
Joycey
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Joycey

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 4:57 pm

Quote :
Tbh I've got a lot of those gamecube games but not the top 5 you listed. So I'll have a look at those. This reminds me, I've gotta find my copy of Legend Of Zelda Ocarina Of Time/Majoras Mask for gamecube. I miss that game Sad

And no I really want Super Smash Bros Brawl and Mariokart Wii because I've played them at friend's houses and they're good. Though I was a little disappointed with some changes made to the mariokart formula, eg: the stunts focus on the tracks, it's got some cool new levels.

Thanks again man.

i would recomend goldeneye the gameplay is more cod but its still a great redo of the film and the online is ok but theres no voice chat, but you can get Zelda Oot and MM on the wii virtual console if you want a digital copy which use a gamecube controller or classic controller
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:10 pm

DW, the problem with Mario Kart Wii is that the AI is horrible. The rubber-banding is some of the worst I've seen, and the power-ups are so unbalanced. It's not even worth staying in front of everyone because they'll either knock you out with a power-up or slingshot themselves right past you.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is kinda fun, but it gets boring really quickly. The level editor is kinda fun to play around with, but for the most part, every feature is the same as the next. Also Subspace Emissary kinda sucks.

Thankfully the Wii has a massive library of great games so you can find good games while skipping these two stinkers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:43 pm

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was awesome! And well TRF pretty much listed ALL the best games so yeah.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 5:58 pm

Just to re-establish this.
I may not get a wii so this is purely subjective.
Joycey wrote:
Quote :

Thanks again man.

i would recomend goldeneye the gameplay is more cod but its still a great redo of the film and the online is ok but theres no voice chat, but you can get Zelda Oot and MM on the wii virtual console if you want a digital copy which use a gamecube controller or classic controller

Oh right, yeah I saw Goldeneye. It does look good and it got like 8/10 or something? I'll be sure to check it out.
Um virtual console? What do you mean? Razz Is it like a download on the wii?

TRF wrote:
DW, the problem with Mario Kart Wii is that the AI is horrible. The rubber-banding is some of the worst I've seen, and the power-ups are so unbalanced. It's not even worth staying in front of everyone because they'll either knock you out with a power-up or slingshot themselves right past you.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is kinda fun, but it gets boring really quickly. The level editor is kinda fun to play around with, but for the most part, every feature is the same as the next. Also Subspace Emissary kinda sucks.

Thankfully the Wii has a massive library of great games so you can find good games while skipping these two stinkers.

Oh I won't be playing AI. 2 of my 3 sisters like mariokart, as does my brother. Whenever they're all round, we play multiplayer.
And even if I did play AI, it's not the end of the world....
I agree about the powerups. I found that to be the case when I played it at a friend's house. But it's not enough to put me off.

There's a LEVEL EDITOR?! Very Happy I didn't even know that.

Is the wii library that big? I thought it was smaller than ps3's?

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess was awesome! And well TRF pretty much listed ALL the best games so yeah.

Yeah... tbh I am going to get a wii no matter what, just for TP and a couple of other games. But I'm still undecided on whether I get it this year or not.
Back to top Go down
Joycey
Seaman Apprentice
Seaman Apprentice
Joycey

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:09 pm

Quote :
Oh right, yeah I saw Goldeneye. It does look good and it got like 8/10 or something? I'll be sure to check it out.

the virtual consoole is like XBLA it has games from past systems up to N64 so nes,snes, ect it has saga and some others as well but can't remember them from the top of my head
Back to top Go down
TRF
Chief Warrant Officer 5
Chief Warrant Officer 5
TRF

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 6:11 pm

DemonWolf wrote:
Every console's library seems smaller when you just name the games off the top of your head. Fact is, the Wii has a massive library of great games, and I never understood why people belittled it and pushed it aside as some casual console. Sure, it's been heavily adopted by casuals, but it's just as much a hardcore console as the 360 and PS3. It's got shooters, racing games, party games, platformers, etc.
Back to top Go down
Yusuke Urameshi
Petty Officer 1st Class
Petty Officer 1st Class
Yusuke Urameshi

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:17 pm

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:
Every console's library seems smaller when you just name the games off the top of your head. Fact is, the Wii has a massive library of great games, and I never understood why people belittled it and pushed it aside as some casual console. Sure, it's been heavily adopted by casuals, but it's just as much a hardcore console as the 360 and PS3. It's got shooters, racing games, party games, platformers, etc.

Out of all of the 3 psn is the smallest.

THen xbl and then VC being the biggest but VC usually releases a good game every like 4 months.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:31 pm

DemonWolf wrote:

TheJubJub5721 wrote:

Yeah... tbh I am going to get a wii no matter what, just for TP and a couple of other games. But I'm still undecided on whether I get it this year or not.

Well either way, the Wii is a great system. I still play mine a lot. And Ill kick your ass in SSBM if you get that Very Happy
Back to top Go down
ZeInFormer
Command Master Chief Petty Officer

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 18, 2010 8:32 pm

Goldeneye, The Conduit, Red Steel 2, Nyxquest (VERY UNDERRATED PLATFORMER!!!), Mad World, and Ivy The Kiwi?
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 9:58 am

Right. Well I've decided I really want tickets to Sonisphere festival so chances are I wont be getting a wii this birthday/christmas.
Though I may pick one up during the year... except it may be kinda pointless if I'm going to university :/

Joycey wrote:
Quote :

the virtual consoole is like XBLA it has games from past systems up to N64 so nes,snes, ect it has saga and some others as well but can't remember them from the top of my head

Oh right. Sounds good.

TRF wrote:
DemonWolf wrote:

Yeah I know what you mean. In fact I may make a new topic about this. Just for a heated discussion >:]
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:04 pm

You absolutely have to have Metroid Prime Trilogy and SSBB. MUST.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptySat Nov 20, 2010 12:05 pm

Mario Kart is a really fun game but playing against the AI's can be really fusturating.If your 1st place you always get hit by a blue shell over and over.Its so unfair
Back to top Go down
Invincible
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Fleet Master Chief Petty Officer
Invincible

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:18 pm

I suggest getting the red Wii so you have New Mario already packed in. It's a must have for all Wii owners. TRF listed the most popular games so I'll try to list some more off the wall ones that are still really good. A lot of these are probably pretty cheap by now too.

Excitebots Trick Racing (really fun online)
Boom Blox Bash Party (best party game ever)
Godfather Blackhand Edition (some of the best motion controls on Wii)
Zack & Wiki (very clever and challenging puzzle game)
Mario Strikers Charged (fun take on soccer)
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (great controls. Better shooter then The Conduit IMO)

I just want to stress that if you can only get 1 game, you get Mario Galaxy 2. Best game on the Wii hands down.
Back to top Go down
DemonWolf
DemonWolf

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 7:49 pm

Teckno wrote:
You absolutely have to have Metroid Prime Trilogy and SSBB. MUST.

Super Smash Bros ftw. But I absolutely hate metroid. I've only played it once but I thought it was utter garbage. Sorry. lol

Invincible wrote:
I suggest getting the red Wii so you have New Mario already packed in. It's a must have for all Wii owners. TRF listed the most popular games so I'll try to list some more off the wall ones that are still really good. A lot of these are probably pretty cheap by now too.

Excitebots Trick Racing (really fun online)
Boom Blox Bash Party (best party game ever)
Godfather Blackhand Edition (some of the best motion controls on Wii)
Zack & Wiki (very clever and challenging puzzle game)
Mario Strikers Charged (fun take on soccer)
Medal of Honor Heroes 2 (great controls. Better shooter then The Conduit IMO)

I just want to stress that if you can only get 1 game, you get Mario Galaxy 2. Best game on the Wii hands down.

Cool! I played Mohh2 on psp, godfather looks interesting and I'm not sure about the others yet...

But yeah... right now I want to get tickets to Sonisphere music festival. So I'm going to put wii on hold for now. Plus I'm going to university next year but I'm definately getting the wii at some point, before I move onto the next gaming generation and before I get a ps3 lol
Back to top Go down
theone.
Master Chief Petty Officer
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 8:47 am

Hopefully you do pick up a Wii. It has a lot of great games to play.
Back to top Go down
Arbiteris
Arbiteris

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:24 am

DDD, you suck!Metroid is the best Nintendo franchise there is!And it is not utter garbage!

You have no taste blivvie noob!
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:45 am

Arbiteris wrote:
DDD, you suck!Metroid is the best Nintendo franchise there is!And it is not utter garbage!

You have no taste blivvie noob!
I know! Do you see this bullshit? I think a de modding is in order. Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 10:49 am

Zelda > Metroid
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:11 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zelda > Metroid

Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) 12065582132010821609raemi_Die_.svg.hi
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:14 am

TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zelda > Metroid

THIS
Back to top Go down
Teckno

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:16 am

theassassins wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zelda > Metroid

THIS
lol u gai bois
Back to top Go down
theone.
theone.

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) EmptyThu Nov 25, 2010 11:19 am

Teckno wrote:
theassassins wrote:
TheJubJub5721 wrote:
Zelda > Metroid

THIS
lol u gai bois

Me gay? Naaah
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)   Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations) Empty

Back to top Go down

Thinking about a Wii (Game Recommendations)
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next